Live HD Wagner Opera Streaming by Siemens - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-17-2009, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Siemens has sponsored a live web stream last week in Hi Def of Wagner's Tristan and Isolde Opera which is probably 4 hours long. I bought a ticket but couldn't "attend" the live webcast so they have a "demand" download stream available for the next 6 days.

Can I record this stream to my hard drive as I watch? Any ramifications in doing this? (I have plenty of hard drive capacity for such a large file)

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-17-2009, 03:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 29
The Berlin Philharmonic has a wonderful streaming service of their concert series, both live and delayed on a subscription basis. Picture quality is wonderful.

IMedici also has a free HD stream, but I have found their stream to be quite spotty.

Robert Clark
post #3 of 4 Old 08-18-2009, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Robert,

My question is can I record the high def stream? Would the Replay software do the trick. This is a restricted stream requiring a ticket. Can Replay handle that?

Thanks,

Mendopaul
post #4 of 4 Old 03-29-2012, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Clark View Post

The Berlin Philharmonic has a wonderful streaming service of their concert series, both live and delayed on a subscription basis. Picture quality is wonderful.

IMedici also has a free HD stream, but I have found their stream to be quite spotty.

At this very moment I am enjoying a free concert of a youth orchestra in the Digital Concert Hall (Berlin Philharmonic's venue). The picture and sound are amazing! I get an occasional hiccup, but that is likely my internet connection. In my 60+ years of striving for good reproduction of recorded music, I never expected to have opportunities like this. The Metropolitan Opera has a similar service, but not live (unless you can attend one of the movie theaters carrying the stream). I'm new to both these possibilities, but thus far the quality from Berlin far surpasses the stream from the Met.

Bill Bunker
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page