post #91 of 99 Old 04-14-2010, 05:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitchfan View Post

I don't remember a scene where she gave him her home address either, but...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
...I also don't remember a scene where they discussed each other's marital status. Maybe something was said about it, but I don't remember it.

I suppose we were supposed to assume those two topics (their marital status and home addresses/home phone numbers) were broached at some point but those scenes weren't shown to us. Convenient way to deal with the fact that they needed to play a little loose with those points in order to get to the scenes they wanted to show us, I suppose...

I'm not entirely opposed to filmmakers downplaying an inconvenient issue or two for the sake of dramatic license. In fact, I think it's rare when a dramatic piece doesn't do it somewhere at some point, often on a key issue.

Although I didn't remember a moment where she gave him her home address, I just assumed she had given it to him legitimately because she didn't make a big deal about how he got it in the confrontation scene after the scene at her front door, "How did you get my home address?!" kind of thing.

Spoiler  
IIRC, she put it on a piece of paper and handed it to him, but I could be wrong (maybe one glass of wine too many that night).
The wife and I both said to each other (during the credits) "why did she give him her address?"

I rented the BD and can't check right away.
Will be buying it soon however....

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 99 Old 04-14-2010, 06:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 292
Spoiler  
IIRC, they were at the airport awaiting flights when she gave him her address on a scrap piece of paper. Her legs were pointing to the left of the screen as you viewed it, and she devilishly smiled as she wrote it on a piece of paper. Something to the effect of, “If you are ever in Chicago, look me up.”

Lets say she didn’t give him her address. How did he get it? When did we ever see him looking up her address? He just knew where she lived? This crowd on AVS wouldn't buy that.

Considering I can’t walk into a room and remember why I went there, if I remember this correctly, this is one huge step for mankind.
post #93 of 99 Old 04-14-2010, 09:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens View Post

Spoiler  
IIRC, they were at the airport awaiting flights when she gave him her address on a scrap piece of paper. Her legs were pointing to the left of the screen as you viewed it, and she devilishly smiled as she wrote it on a piece of paper. Something to the effect of, “If you are ever in Chicago, look me up.”

Lets say she didn’t give him her address. How did he get it? When did we ever see him looking up her address? He just knew where she lived? This crowd on AVS wouldn't buy that.

Considering I can’t walk into a room and remember why I went there, if I remember this correctly, this is one huge step for mankind.

LOL!
I nearly chocked to death on my Pad Thai while reading this.
Ain't it a bitch getting old????

BTW, that is exactly what I thought I remembered her doing and saying...

post #94 of 99 Old 04-16-2010, 09:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just watched this tonight and loved every minute of it!

Regarding the address, I don't think she ever gave it to him on-screen, but one presumes he could have looked it up on the internet or in the phone book.
post #95 of 99 Old 05-26-2012, 02:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 66
I know this is an old thread, but for those folks who missed it and therefore might not bother with this movie, I just watched it liast night and enjoyed it a lot and wanted to give it another round of visibility.

Dean Roddey
Chairman/CTO, Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd

www.charmedquark.com

post #96 of 99 Old 05-26-2012, 05:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Roddey View Post

I know this is an old thread, but for those folks who missed it and therefore might not bother with this movie, I just watched it liast night and enjoyed it a lot and wanted to give it another round of visibility.

Well Dean, you're 2 years too late and I for one am pissed that you bring this up again. Stay within a shorter time parameter and I might cut you some slack, but this is an egregiious vilolation of the too late to comment rule. You should be ashamed.

BTW, blue text indicates sarcasm on some forums...

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

post #97 of 99 Old 05-26-2012, 07:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Roddey View Post

Agreed. Up In the Air is a wonderful film filled with terrific performances from everyone in its large ensemble cast, particularly George Clooney, Vera Farmiga, and Anna Kendrick. Highly recommended! 9 Stars out of 10.
post #98 of 99 Old 05-27-2012, 01:01 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

agreed. Up in the air is a wonderful film filled with terrific performances from everyone in its large ensemble cast, particularly george clooney, vera farmiga, and anna kendrick. Highly recommended! 9 stars out of 10.

+1

post #99 of 99 Old 05-27-2012, 07:47 AM
CIH USER

Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

Agreed. Up In the Air is a wonderful film filled with terrific performances from everyone in its large ensemble cast, particularly George Clooney, Vera Farmiga, and Anna Kendrick. Highly recommended! 9 Stars out of 10.

I agree with you there 100% gwsat. This movie has made my collection.

Frank

Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page