post #541 of 8818 Old 10-20-2009, 11:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary McCoy View Post

No, Mia Sara swimming in wet lingerie in Ferris Buellers Day Off. (She was 19 then, now she's 42.)

Hmmmm, I guess I need to go...uhhh...reference my BD.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 8818 Old 10-21-2009, 05:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Roddey View Post

The only thing I've ever seen her in was EdTV, which wasn't a hot performance, but man, she could have owned me in a bad way. Not sure I'd do the Chicken Dance for her, at least not in public, but what a sweetie.

You really need to check out "Keeping the Faith" then. It's also a pretty good movie too, with Ed Norton and Ben Stiller.
post #543 of 8818 Old 10-21-2009, 07:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrmoGamecoq View Post

You really need to check out "Keeping the Faith" then. It's also a pretty good movie too, with Ed Norton and Ben Stiller.

Oh, Duh! Yeh, I've seen that also, and yes, gorgeous and sweet in that one as well.

Dean Roddey
Chairman/CTO, Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd

www.charmedquark.com

post #544 of 8818 Old 10-24-2009, 02:33 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

okay I'm outta here

You can come back now. There is someone who looks like Famke.

Julianna Marguiles.
post #545 of 8818 Old 10-24-2009, 04:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 455
Not even close.
post #546 of 8818 Old 10-24-2009, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens View Post

Not even close.

Closer than this.
post #547 of 8818 Old 10-25-2009, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Roddey View Post

The only thing I've ever seen her in was EdTV, which wasn't a hot performance, but man, she could have owned me in a bad way. Not sure I'd do the Chicken Dance for her, at least not in public, but what a sweetie.

She (Jenna Elfman) is a Scientologist, so definitely not hot, just crazy.
post #548 of 8818 Old 10-25-2009, 01:06 PM

Hayden Panettiere in I Love You, Beth Cooper.
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm4044130560/nm0659363

Also, Lauren Storm from the same film. Finally, a young actress who is not afraid to have some meat on her and present a full, curvy and healthy body image, managing to still come off as hot. I am sick and tired of watching young actresses with skinny bodies that resemble those of 12 year old boys, being promoted in Holywood as the norm and a role model for young girls. Skinny and starved to death does not equal hot in my book.
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm710838272/nm1478996
post #549 of 8818 Old 10-25-2009, 01:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by humax View Post

I am sick and tired of watching young actresses with skinny bodies that resemble those of 12 year old boys, being promoted in Holywood as the norm and a role model for young girls. Skinny and starved to death does not equal hot in my book.

Amen brother!! Well said.

David Budo
post #550 of 8818 Old 10-25-2009, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysfunction26 View Post

She (Jenna Elfman) is a Scientologist, so definitely not hot, just crazy.

That ruined Leah Remini for me too

David Budo
post #551 of 8818 Old 10-25-2009, 02:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Also, Lauren Storm from the same film. Finally, a young actress who is not afraid to have some meat on her and present a full, curvy and healthy body image, managing to still come off as hot.

Hot?

Not so fast. Chubby here...

But looks like she's conforming here...

And I hate those crazy Christian actresses.
post #552 of 8818 Old 10-25-2009, 03:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Lauren Storm from the same film. Finally, a young actress who is not afraid to have some meat on her and present a full, curvy and healthy body image

Meat is good, but fat isn't healthy.

Saw her on Dexter a week ago:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0184965/
Very nice.
Remembered her from Riddick.

post #553 of 8818 Old 10-25-2009, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens View Post

Hot?

Not so fast. Chubby here...

The film recently came out in Blu Ray. You can see it and judge for yourself. I only saw it, because I like Hayden, but could not take my eyes off Lauren instead. Her natural boobs bouncing around during the whole film helped also do the trick.
post #554 of 8818 Old 10-25-2009, 05:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Meat is good, but fat isn't healthy.

Women should have a higher body fat than what most celebrities have for child birth. A study showed that women with more fat in their hips(not obese women), had children with higher IQs on average. It has to do with the fetus' brain development and the amount of fatty acids present to help it along. This may bring out primal instincts in men and probably why most men prefer more curvy women. I sure do. I'm not saying naturally thin women aren't attractive, just that when it is not natural, it isn't appealing. Examples working out to be super skinny: Angelina Jolie, Hilary Duff(cheaper by the dozen 2), Jennifer Aniston, etc...

David Budo
post #555 of 8818 Old 10-25-2009, 07:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:

The film recently came out in Blu Ray. You can see it and judge for yourself. I only saw it, because I like Hayden, but could not take my eyes off Lauren instead. Her natural boobs bouncing around during the whole film helped also do the trick.

You can't be talking about the fat blonde in the back, are you?
post #556 of 8818 Old 10-25-2009, 09:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbuudo07 View Post

most men prefer more curvy women....

For what?
Childbearing or fornicating?
Excluding Kathy Bates, how many plump stars, etc. are considered to be in the upper echelon of sex symbols?

post #557 of 8818 Old 10-25-2009, 09:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 512 Post(s)
Liked: 789
Quote:

Excluding Kathy Bates, how many plump stars, etc. are considered to be in the upper echelon of sex symbols?

Are you telling me Kathy Bates is considered in the upper echelon of sex symbols???

Come get some suga, baby!

When life gives you limes, make margaritas
post #558 of 8818 Old 10-25-2009, 09:28 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

Are you telling me Kathy Bates is considered in the upper echelon of sex symbols???

Come get some suga, baby!

She's ALL woman, dude!
Isn't that a photo of her in About Schmidt...in the hot tub?
Man....sportin' wood just thinking about it...

post #559 of 8818 Old 10-25-2009, 09:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 512 Post(s)
Liked: 789
Quote:

She's ALL woman, dude!
Isn't that a photo of her in About Schmidt...in the hot tub?
Man....sportin' wood just thinking about it...

That's classic. Made me laugh.

When life gives you limes, make margaritas
post #560 of 8818 Old 10-25-2009, 09:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

For what?
Childbearing or fornicating?

Kathy Bates

Again, I'm not talking about obese women. I'm talking about healthy women with smooth, curvy bodies. I HATE seeing stars with thin, muscly arms. Have you seen that Tide commercial with Kelly Ripa? Bleh... Tea Leoni's body is not appealing either. No hips, lots of muscle, and her body looks like that of a 14 year old boy with boobs.

Who's a higher than Marilyn Monroe? She definitely had curves in all the best places and was stunning. I remember watching some like it hot, and every guy(ages 17-27) in the room was drooling over her. After I asked if they'd rather have her or Megan Fox. All 7 wanted Marilyn and all of them are in love with Fox. Cheating bastards

Check out some pictures of girls from Brasil on the beach. They're considered some of the sexiest women in the world, and I don't think very many of them work out. You won't find many muscly stick figures there, but I bet you'll have a hard time keeping your tongue in your mouth

David Budo
post #561 of 8818 Old 10-26-2009, 12:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbuudo07 View Post

Examples working out to be super skinny: Angelina Jolie, Hilary Duff(cheaper by the dozen 2), Jennifer Aniston, etc...

...Christina Applegate.

Actually, I'd be pretty damned surprised if Jolie ever worked out at all. She hasn't got a defined muscle to speak of in those spindly, spidery arms and legs (and her torso's pretty flabby, also). She just starves herself to death.

I admit the others are too skinny, but I kinda like Duff myself. She's actually somewhat of a gymnast (I've seen her do tumbling with backflips, and was pretty shocked), and I like chicks that don't just work out on machines, but are truly athletic.
post #562 of 8818 Old 10-26-2009, 01:37 AM

[quote=oink;17417218]Meat is good, but fat isn't healthy.

I am not talking about fat, I am talking about a healthy body figure with enough meat in the right places. I do not like to see a woman's bones. It does not look healthy to me. There are a lot of women out there in the real world, who will never be thin no matter what they do. Right now, Hollywood is avoiding to represent them in films like hell and furthermore it makes them feel bad about themselves by promoting solely the skinny/bony look of beauty. I think it's high time, things start to change.
post #563 of 8818 Old 10-26-2009, 01:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammitinski View Post

...Christina Applegate.

Actually, I'd be pretty damned surprised if Jolie ever worked out at all. She hasn't got a defined muscle to speak of in those spindly, spidery arms and legs (and her torso's pretty flabby, also). She just starves herself to death.

I admit the others are too skinny, but I kinda like Duff myself. She's actually somewhat of a gymnast (I've seen her do tumbling with backflips, and was pretty shocked), and I like chicks that don't just work out on machines, but are truly athletic.

I haven't seen Christina in a long time. I remember thinking she was really hot during the Married With Children days. She had meat and an a**, which was rare in those days.

The Hilary Duff in Cheaper By The Dozen 2. During that period, she was grotesquely skinny.

I think dancers fit the bill of athletic without weights. Watch So You Think You Can Dance and you'll see what I mean

David Budo
post #564 of 8818 Old 10-26-2009, 01:49 AM
AVS Special Member

We see eye-to-eye Humax. I remember how beautiful Teri Hatcher was during Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman. Now, she looks almost alien.

I had hope for Hollywood when JLo was at the height of her career. Everyone was admiring her body, but it seems that Hollywood couldn't help themselves and went back to their old ways

David Budo
post #565 of 8818 Old 10-26-2009, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim McC View Post

You can't be talking about the fat blonde in the back, are you?

This is exactly what I am talking about. Typical Hollywood, brainwashing men and women into thinking that only skinny/thin is good and everything else is fat territory and can not be desirable, cool or hot. Like I said, you can watch the film and judge for yourself. Would you call actresses like Eva Mendes and Kate Winslet or celebrities like Kim Kardasian and Tyra Banks fat? I would not, but hey who am I to question the views of mighty Hollywood producers. I understand there are people who only care for thin women, but please allow for other ones who do not share your opinion and prefer a more natural, real woman look. And no, I do not mean really fat or obese.
post #566 of 8818 Old 10-26-2009, 07:35 AM

Liked: 12
Kik Kardashian is a whore who has done nothing worthwhile and only made Hollywood worse by allowing her entire family of whores to become trashy 'celebrities' as well. Let's not spoil this thread with her.

I'd rather see more of Kathy Bates...
post #567 of 8818 Old 10-26-2009, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwright84 View Post

Kik Kardashian is a whore who has done nothing worthwhile and only made Hollywood worse by allowing her entire family of whores to become trashy 'celebrities' as well. Let's not spoil this thread with her.

Just to be clear, I was only refering to her figure and body image she projects, which is on the heavy side and yet still some men find attractive. I did not bring her name up as a character or role model in general.
post #568 of 8818 Old 10-26-2009, 08:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Typical Hollywood, brainwashing men and women into thinking that only skinny/thin is good and everything else is fat territory and can not be desirable, cool or hot.

The skin and bones look didn't originate in Hollywood, it started in the fashion industry, they just followed.

Teenagers are much more influenced by what they see, and peer pressure places a huge burden on them. I give the overwhelming majority of adults enough respect for knowing what they like in a woman and don't feel they are brainwashed, as evidenced by the postings I see on this board.

The Terry Hatcher/Linda Hamilton types have gone to the extreme and have lost that attractiveness and sexual appeal they once had.

My preference is an athletic looking woman, not someone who is bulked up, but someone who has muscle tone - someone like Jennifer Garner or Jessica Biel. Jennifer's face can look overly drawn at times, but her body, OMG! But that doesn't mean I don't like someone who isn't toned. A little cushion never hurt anyone.

post #569 of 8818 Old 10-26-2009, 12:34 PM

[quote=Aliens;17420277]The skin and bones look didn't originate in Hollywood, it started in the fashion industry, they just followed.

Yes, but Hollywood has a much bigger audience, thus making itself a bigger opinion maker than fashion. Not everybody is watching the fashion industry (I don't know many heterosexual men or poor people who read fashion magazines), whereas practically everybody in the western world has watched a film.

[quote=Aliens;17420277]Teenagers are much more influenced by what they see, and peer pressure places a huge burden on them. I give the overwhelming majority of adults enough respect for knowing what they like in a woman and don't feel they are brainwashed, as evidenced by the postings I see on this board.

You said it yourself. Brainwashing happens when individuals are still too young even to comprehend it is taking place, so by the time we are adults it is too late to truly realise how deeply we have been affected by it. There are a lot of adult people nowadays who would think that classic Hollywood actresses like Marilyn Monroe or Jane Russel were fat by today's standards, whereas in their prime they were considered bodywise the epitomy of classic female beauty.
post #570 of 8818 Old 10-26-2009, 12:43 PM
AVS Special Member

If Marilyn is considered fat, then Hollywood has lost their minds!!

David Budo
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page