AVS Forum banner

Bourne 4 - The Bourne Legacy

9K views 118 replies 42 participants last post by  Aliens 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I'm not sure what Universal try to do here, they already chased away the first director, and now this. Although I can't say I will miss Greengrass's shooting style, if the movie will get made by another director.

#3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwright84 /forum/post/17635359

...this already shaky project...

Hilarious! Shaky, indeed...

#4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehun /forum/post/17635659

I'm not sure what Universal try to do here, they already chased away the first director, and now this. Although I can't say I will miss Greengrass's shooting style, if the movie will get made by another director.

AFAIK, Doug Liman was not chased away by anyone & was even credited in a producer role in Bourne 2 (and 3, if memory serves).

But yeah, file this in the "never gonna happen" file - esp if Damon also walks.

Or the "shouldn't ever happen" file - doesn't mean Uni would not try & recast/reboot Bourne.

#8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwebb1970 /forum/post/17636136

AFAIK, Doug Liman was not chased away by anyone & was even credited in a producer role in Bourne 2 (and 3, if memory serves).

Yes he was, he was "banned" to do any more Bourne movie as a director, and yes he is credited as one of the producers, because he owns the filming rights to the Bourne franchise, not the studio.

http://nymag.com/news/features/42823/index3.html

#13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Roddey /forum/post/17636171

They should just leave it alone. This is the true failure of Hollywood, in my opinion. They don't know when to just leave a good thing alone.

I lot of people felt the same way about, say, the Bond series. Or Trek.

If they can make a good movie, I'm all in favor of it. The loss fo Greengrass gives me hope they can.

#15 ·
Were Doug Liman to return, I'd be all for it. I like his style more than Greengrass anyway.

#16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmoneous /forum/post/17693520

If they can make a good movie, I'm all in favor of it. The loss fo Greengrass gives me hope they can.

Funny, this is what makes it appear that they wont be able to. Greengrass perfected what Lyman helped materialize initially and if he's not handling the fourth film it really doesn't have much of a chance to be relevant or worthwhile IMO.

#20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens /forum/post/17695710

Add the fact it wouldn't be from a Robert Ludlum novel.

The third film has nothing to do with any of the novels. Nothing. The second film was almost completely changed from the novel. The first film, significantly.

#21 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens /forum/post/17695710

Add the fact it wouldn’t be from a Robert Ludlum novel.

Eric Van Lustbader wrote the subsequent novels. Future movies could be very well based, or loosely based on his novels (he wrote 4 to this date)... Jason Bourne has still a life on the big screen I guess, but they need a good and thrilling story. Matt Damon owns this franchise, but he can't make miracles alone.

#23 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Stevens /forum/post/17697731

The third film has nothing to do with any of the novels. Nothing. The second film was almost completely changed from the novel. The first film, significantly.

I haven't read the novel so I wouldn't know, but everything I've read said it was loosely based on the novel, which doesn’t equate to nothing. The basis for all the movies came from Ludlum. How much was rewritten in all of them is another story.

#26 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens /forum/post/17711655

I haven't read the novel so I wouldn't know, but everything I've read said it was loosely based on the novel, which doesn’t equate to nothing. The basis for all the movies came from Ludlum. How much was rewritten in all of them is another story.

Having read the three Ludlum novels, I can tell you that the third film has nothing to do with the third novel, other than the star of the story is a guy named Jason Bourne.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.