The Avengers - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #361 of 1397 Old 04-03-2012, 01:03 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jwebb1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 8,338
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 35
On the other side of the Marvel actor change ups...

Of course, the Howard/Cheadle swap in IRON MAN has no real effect on Avengers as unlike Bruce Banner, Rhodey/War Machine is not part of the gang. Still kinda hate the continuity issue btwn Hulk & this film...but I'll live.

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

jwebb1970 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #362 of 1397 Old 04-03-2012, 01:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Josh Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Planet Boston, source of the spice, Melange.
Posts: 20,043
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwebb1970 View Post

Marvel put major time & budget constraints (well..maybe moreso time than $$) on the Avengers. That should be expected when you announce a locked in release date before the flippin' script has been finished. Feige likely assumed Norton could end up throwing a wrench in the machinery either prior to or during production. The Marvel Studios head was supposedly not all that stoked with Norton's perceived meddling with Incredible Hulk both on set & during the editing process (despite the director welcoming his lead actor's suggestions) & made the judgement call to hire another actor.

That's a very delicate way of summarizing the situation. Feige himself is a lot more blunt about it. He basically hates Edward Norton, and barely stopped short of calling him an a*hole in his press release announcing that Norton had been fired:

"We have made the decision to not bring Ed Norton back to portray the title role of Bruce Banner in the Avengers. Our decision is definitely not one based on monetary factors, but instead rooted in the need for an actor who embodies the creativity and collaborative spirit of our other talented cast members. The Avengers demands players who thrive working as part of an ensemble, as evidenced by Robert, Chris H, Chris E, Sam, Scarlett, and all of our talented casts. We are looking to announce a name actor who fulfills these requirements, and is passionate about the iconic role in the coming weeks."

Josh Z
Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
Curator, Laserdisc Forever

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers.

Josh Z is offline  
post #363 of 1397 Old 04-03-2012, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Terraforming Planet Wabo
Posts: 6,841
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked: 414
It's a tough crowd. Both CA and First Class were in my top 5 faves of last year.

Growing Older But Not Up
Waboman is online now  
post #364 of 1397 Old 04-03-2012, 01:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post

That's a very delicate way of summarizing the situation. Feige himself is a lot more blunt about it. He basically hates Edward Norton, and barely stopped short of calling him an a*hole in his press release announcing that Norton had been fired:

"We have made the decision to not bring Ed Norton back to portray the title role of Bruce Banner in the Avengers. Our decision is definitely not one based on monetary factors, but instead rooted in the need for an actor who embodies the creativity and collaborative spirit of our other talented cast members. The Avengers demands players who thrive working as part of an ensemble, as evidenced by Robert, Chris H, Chris E, Sam, Scarlett, and all of our talented casts. We are looking to announce a name actor who fulfills these requirements, and is passionate about the iconic role in the coming weeks."

About as diplomatic a "FU" as has ever been uttered.

BTW, you do realize Marvel comics are (or were in my day) fairly simplistic to begin with...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

It's a tough crowd. Both CA and First Class were in my top 5 faves of last year.

Both were pleasant surprises....as was Thor.
Thor and Submariner have both seemed to me to be unfilmable Superheroes (glad I was proven wrong on the Norse God).

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #365 of 1397 Old 04-03-2012, 02:24 PM
AVS Special Member
 
General Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kalifornistan
Posts: 5,910
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 335
Thor poked enough fun at itself to pull off a good balance of humor and action which was much needed given the cheese potential. The lead actor also had a lot more onscreen charisma and likability than Chris Evans IMO. CA just took itself too seriously for it's own good and by doing so added more cheese than I care for in such movies.

Sounds like Norton worked himself out of work I wonder how balanced Avengers will be with respect to focus on each main character. With Iron Man being the lead grosser I'd expect he may see a bit more than the others but am looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

Are there still plans to develop additional sequels to Iron Man and the others?

My Rig

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

 

2012

2011

2010

2009

General Kenobi is online now  
post #366 of 1397 Old 04-03-2012, 02:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
sdurani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Monterey Park, CA
Posts: 19,199
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 876 Post(s)
Liked: 802
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

Are there still plans to develop additional sequels to Iron Man and the others?

Soon after Iron Man 2 came out, Marvel had mentioned that Iron Man 3 would be a sequel to Avengers rather than directly follow the events of Iron Man 2.

Sanjay
sdurani is online now  
post #367 of 1397 Old 04-03-2012, 04:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

Sounds like Norton worked himself out of work

Too bad, I thought he did a good job with the character.


Quote:


I wonder how balanced Avengers will be with respect to focus on each main character. With Iron Man being the lead grosser I'd expect he may see a bit more than the others but am looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

Yeah, there is only so much screen time.
I hope the focus ISN'T on Ironman or Spidey or Hulk...we have had them more than once each.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #368 of 1397 Old 04-04-2012, 12:52 AM
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,232
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post


Yeah, there is only so much screen time.
I hope the focus ISN'T on Ironman or Spidey or Hulk...we have had them more than once each.

Spidey ??

_________________________

Frank

Franin is offline  
post #369 of 1397 Old 04-04-2012, 12:53 AM
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,232
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Too bad, I thought he did a good job with the character.

I thought so too. It would of been great if he kept that role.

_________________________

Frank

Franin is offline  
post #370 of 1397 Old 04-04-2012, 07:31 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Spidey ??

I just noticed at IDMB there is no Peter Parker in this one.
The Avengers without Spiderman?
Fnck that....

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #371 of 1397 Old 04-04-2012, 07:36 AM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member
 
Toe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,002
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 419
I have enjoyed most of the superhero movies, some more than others. I have to say though that Green Lantern was TERRIBLE.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
Toe is online now  
post #372 of 1397 Old 04-04-2012, 07:46 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Rach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,688
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

i just noticed at idmb there is no peter parker in this one.
The avengers without spiderman?
Fnck that....

:d
Rach is offline  
post #373 of 1397 Old 04-04-2012, 08:14 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
DaveFi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Natick MA
Posts: 17,174
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I'm still betting the last little bit of The Avengers (you know, the small clip right after the credits) will be of the new Spider-Man. Being that he's the new Marvel character set in NYC it only makes sense. Plus the fact Spidey and The Avengers have always had close ties.

Speaking of Spidey I'm a bit dissapointed they've cast a Brit in the lead role, especially for someone who's supposed to be a kid from Queens (same as me). But of course we all know 3D will be the real star of the new Spidey film...

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
DaveFi is offline  
post #374 of 1397 Old 04-04-2012, 09:33 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jwebb1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 8,338
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post

I'm still betting the last little bit of The Avengers (you know, the small clip right after the credits) will be of the new Spider-Man. Being that he's the new Marvel character set in NYC it only makes sense. Plus the fact Spidey and The Avengers have always had close ties.

Speaking of Spidey I'm a bit dissapointed they've cast a Brit in the lead role, especially for someone who's supposed to be a kid from Queens (same as me). But of course we all know 3D will be the real star of the new Spidey film...

Spidey as a film franchise is technically owned by Sony. One reason why a SPider Man reboot is happening so soon after the last Raimi-helmed film was done in part to allow Sony to retain movie rights, from what I understand.

Similiar situation with Fantastic Four & X Men - while both are Marvel Comics properties, the movie rights are controlled by 20th Century Fox.

From what 've gathered, both studios have to churn out films for the respective franchises within a certain amount of time to retain control. X-Men/FOX had First Class last year (and a follow up is supposedly in the works), and there has apparently been talk of a FF reboot as well.

Because of this, it is probably not likely that Spidey, X-Men or Fantastic Four characters will ever pop up in a future Marvel Studios-financed film until or if the other studios lose/give up/sell control of their franchises back to Marvel. And being that Marvel now has Disney money @ its disposal....that could happen.

OTOH....AFAIK, Hulk's cinematic rights are/were controlled by Universal. Yet, he is part of the Avengers, which we knew would be the case due to the Gen. Ross/Tony Stark moment in the Ed Norton Hulk film. So...who knows? Maybe Uni lost the Hulk when Comcast bought 'em? I have no idea.

But with Sony currently holding on tight to Spider Man, I doubt the web slinger pops up at all.

Of course, there was the blooper on the DVD of Bryan SInger's 1st X-Men film where a guy in Spidey garb appeared in a scene which led to giggles on set during an otherwise serious scene. But that may be as close as we get for the forseeable future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post

Speaking of Spidey I'm a bit dissapointed they've cast a Brit in the lead role, especially for someone who's supposed to be a kid from Queens (same as me). But of course we all know 3D will be the real star of the new Spidey film...

For me, the real star...or the one getting most of my visual attention...will be Emma Stone.

I wouldn't sweat the casting. Andrew Garfield seems to nail a proper American accent in the Spidey trailer...and certainly pulled it off in The Social Network.

I'm just glad they are sticking a bit more to the comics in the sense that Peter builds web shooters in this one. A big issue as a Marvel geek that I had w/ Raimi's take was the "biological" web shooting he depicted. If Pete was in fact taking on this particular physical spider characterisitc....shouldn't the webbing have been shooting from Tobey Macguire's ass? You know...like a SPIDER?

And do not even get me started on the Green Goblin as Power Ranger.....ugghh!

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

jwebb1970 is offline  
post #375 of 1397 Old 04-04-2012, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jwebb1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 8,338
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurani View Post

Soon after Iron Man 2 came out, Marvel had mentioned that Iron Man 3 would be a sequel to Avengers rather than directly follow the events of Iron Man 2.

Yes - both IM3 & Thor 2 are in the works. Probably will see another Capt America, too, although I have not heard of an actual announcement.

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

jwebb1970 is offline  
post #376 of 1397 Old 04-04-2012, 10:19 AM
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,232
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

I just noticed at IDMB there is no Peter Parker in this one.
The Avengers without Spiderman?
Fnck that....

It would of been good if they included him at the end just swooping buy, maybe helping out.

_________________________

Frank

Franin is offline  
post #377 of 1397 Old 04-04-2012, 10:37 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,574
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

I just noticed at IDMB there is no Peter Parker in this one.
The Avengers without Spiderman?
Fnck that....

When was Spiduhman a part of the Avengers?
jbug is offline  
post #378 of 1397 Old 04-04-2012, 10:42 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jwebb1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 8,338
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug View Post

When was Spiduhman a part of the Avengers?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_New_Avengers_(comics)

There is the New Avengers, with Spidey, Wolverine & The Thing among others

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_Comics:_Avengers

And Ultimate Avengers, which depicted the death of Spider Man.

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

jwebb1970 is offline  
post #379 of 1397 Old 04-04-2012, 11:20 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,574
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Yep, but isn't the movie based on the origins of The Avengers? No Spidey in that group.
jbug is offline  
post #380 of 1397 Old 04-04-2012, 11:27 AM
Advanced Member
 
mike1812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 755
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug View Post

Yep, but isn't the movie based on the origins of The Avengers? No Spidey in that group.

^^ THIS! This is why I'm not expecting, and HOPING NOT to see, Spidey in this version of the Avengers. This movie is based on the "traditional", "original", "your father's Avengers", whatever you want to call it, not one of the dozens of iterations churned out by Marvel over time.
mike1812 is offline  
post #381 of 1397 Old 04-04-2012, 12:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Josh Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Planet Boston, source of the spice, Melange.
Posts: 20,043
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwebb1970 View Post

OTOH....AFAIK, Hulk's cinematic rights are/were controlled by Universal. Yet, he is part of the Avengers, which we knew would be the case due to the Gen. Ross/Tony Stark moment in the Ed Norton Hulk film. So...who knows? Maybe Uni lost the Hulk when Comcast bought 'em? I have no idea.

The Hulk movies were co-productions between Marvel Studios and Universal, with Universal handling the distribution. Likewise, the Iron Man, Captain America and Thor movies were co-productions between Marvel and Paramount.

I'm sure that when the contracts for each of these were drafted, Marvel made sure to retain the right to use the characters in their long-planned Avengers team-up.

On the other hand, the original contracts and licenses for Spider-Man, X-Men and Fantastic Four were drafted before Marvel got its act together and formed its own movie studio. I'm sure that Marvel regrets that now. If I'm not mistaken, Spider-Man is now part of the Fantastic Four in comics (one of the original FF characters having been killed off), but those two movie franchises can't cross over because they're licensed by rival studios.

Josh Z
Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
Curator, Laserdisc Forever

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers.

Josh Z is offline  
post #382 of 1397 Old 04-04-2012, 12:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jwebb1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 8,338
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1812 View Post

^^ THIS! This is why I'm not expecting, and HOPING NOT to see, Spidey in this version of the Avengers. This movie is based on the "traditional", "original", "your father's Avengers", whatever you want to call it, not one of the dozens of iterations churned out by Marvel over time.

Exactly! Then again, if it were my kids saying "your father's Avengers", it would be more like this:



Avengers #200 from 1980. This was one of the 5 Marvel subscriptions I had from about 1978 - 1984, along w/ Amazing Spider Man, Incredible Hulk, X Men & Star Wars.

I do, however, like that the movie is at least in some small part based upon the very 1st Avengers story from the 60s (group of supers teaming up to stop THor's pissed off brother Loki....sound familiar?)

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

jwebb1970 is offline  
post #383 of 1397 Old 04-05-2012, 11:43 AM
Advanced Member
 
Scout's staff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 590
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Not sure what to do. I've been looking forward to seeing this movie in IMAX and just found out that our local IMAX in Reading Mass is going to be showing Dark Shadows instead.....really.....Dark Shadows. The regular movie theaters around here are terrible

very uncool
Scout's staff is offline  
post #384 of 1397 Old 04-05-2012, 12:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,574
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 41
The Avengers comes out May 4th and Dark Shadows May 11 so is seems that TA should still be on the IMAX screens and hopefully still pulling in customers big time. I'm going to see both of these movies even though I'm not sure I'll like a tongue in cheek Dark Shadows.
jbug is offline  
post #385 of 1397 Old 04-05-2012, 12:53 PM
Advanced Member
 
Scout's staff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 590
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 21
The IMAX here will be showing Wrath of the Titans until Dark Shadows is released May 11th. The IMAX is only a single screen and plays one movie for a long time. The "kicker" is that all of the high back leather seats have butt kickers in them and the screen is something like 3 stories tall.
Scout's staff is offline  
post #386 of 1397 Old 04-05-2012, 01:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,574
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Cool. Here in Chicago the one like that is at Navy Pier. I try to get there as much as I can. The last thing I saw there was MI:Ghost Protocol but I'm going to be there often this summer as there are some good movies that I want to see on the big, big, screen.
jbug is offline  
post #387 of 1397 Old 04-05-2012, 01:48 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Josh Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Planet Boston, source of the spice, Melange.
Posts: 20,043
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout's staff View Post

Not sure what to do. I've been looking forward to seeing this movie in IMAX and just found out that our local IMAX in Reading Mass is going to be showing Dark Shadows instead.....really.....Dark Shadows. The regular movie theaters around here are terrible

Meh, no part of The Avengers is natively IMAX. In fact, if you go to an IMAX theater, you'll almost certainly be forced to watch the 3D conversion. Drive yourself over to the Showcase in Randolph.

Josh Z
Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
Curator, Laserdisc Forever

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers.

Josh Z is offline  
post #388 of 1397 Old 04-05-2012, 02:29 PM
Advanced Member
 
Scout's staff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 590
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I too am not a very big fan of 3D, but I find the experience at a Showcase or National to be painful. The sound is better too. My wife and I are tired of being kicked in the back of the seat or teenagers talking through the whole movie behind us. We just do not experience this at the Jordan's IMAX.
Scout's staff is offline  
post #389 of 1397 Old 04-05-2012, 08:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Dbuudo07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,762
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug View Post

Cool. Here in Chicago the one like that is at Navy Pier. I try to get there as much as I can. The last thing I saw there was MI:Ghost Protocol but I'm going to be there often this summer as there are some good movies that I want to see on the big, big, screen.

I really want to experience this IMAX. They have an all Danley speaker setup!

David Budo
Dbuudo07 is offline  
post #390 of 1397 Old 04-05-2012, 10:08 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
DaveFi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Natick MA
Posts: 17,174
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout's staff View Post

The IMAX here will be showing Wrath of the Titans until Dark Shadows is released May 11th. The IMAX is only a single screen and plays one movie for a long time. The "kicker" is that all of the high back leather seats have butt kickers in them and the screen is something like 3 stories tall.

That means the Jordan's IMAX Theater in Natick won't be getting The Avengers either. That sucks. I might just pass on this one in the theaters after all, especially since it costs ~$14 to see it in 3D in a rinky-dink mall theater (and don't tell me to see it in 2D, which is pretty much impossible to find these days).

Maybe I'll drive to Foxborough (if it's playing there - do they even have a real IMAX theater there?) But the movie has to get really good reviews for that to happen.

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
DaveFi is offline  
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off