post #511 of 1397 Old 04-25-2012, 01:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytchone View Post

Iron man needs to go first to set the ground work for Thor. Thor before CA. Hulk is stand alone I think. So im guessing IM,IM2. Hulk, Thor, CA then Avengers.

This is all based off the after credit showings for each.

Not quite correct. Hulk goes in between the Iron Man movies.

IM - Hulk - IM2 - Thor - CA

I'm actually doing this marathon at home on Blu-ray (spread out over several days, mind you).

Can't wait for The Avengers, BTW.

Tim Vickroy

"Besides, there's no reason we can't be civil, is there?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #512 of 1397 Old 04-25-2012, 02:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Well I've come back from watching the Avengers and have to say i went in with high expectations and came out fully satisfied. This movie was fantastic and all the characters played there part very well. I don't want to spoil it for you but there are scenes that will make you smile. As some of you know i barely go to the cinemas i was going to watch hunger games but i decided on this instead which im glad. I will personally see this twice and i never do that. Sorry guys i like to keep it simple and sweet as Im sure you will all like to go and watch it without knowing too much.

Edit: Scarlett johanssen is beautiful.

That's awesome, Franin. I can't wait to see it when it finally opens here. I think you made the right call switching Hunger games for this. You'll enjoy Hunger Games just as much on your HT. But Avengers needs to be seen on the big screen.

Yes, ScarJo is a honey-pie.

Growing Older But Not Up
post #513 of 1397 Old 04-25-2012, 03:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Sign me up for this. Convert it to 3D and box office records will be broken.

Growing Older But Not Up
post #514 of 1397 Old 04-25-2012, 07:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 26
List of IMAX theaters playing The Avengers

It's actually the list for some promo, but it's also a list for all the theaters too.

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
post #515 of 1397 Old 04-25-2012, 10:23 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1 View Post

Boy, if Frank had a dollar for every time he's heard that one...

Hey its what paid for the tickets lol

Frank

post #516 of 1397 Old 04-26-2012, 07:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 89
The Incredible Hulk takes place after Iron Man 2 in the timeline.
post #517 of 1397 Old 04-26-2012, 07:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Great start to a sucessful theater run:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...-office-316665
post #518 of 1397 Old 04-26-2012, 07:41 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytchone View Post

Iron man needs to go first to set the ground work for Thor. Thor before CA. Hulk is stand alone I think. So im guessing IM,IM2. Hulk, Thor, CA then Avengers.

This is all based off the after credit showings for each.

I agree that Iron Man should be seen first. I have Iron Man on BD so I was able to see it first as the kick off of my at-home reprise of the Marvel Avenger franchise. I'll see the rest of them in the order in which my TiVo records them
post #519 of 1397 Old 04-26-2012, 08:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:

Well I've come back from watching the Avengers and have to say i went in with high expectations and came out fully satisfied. Edit: Scarlett johanssen is beautiful.

Yes, but what about the movie?

"There is no truth. There's just what you believe."
post #520 of 1397 Old 04-26-2012, 08:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 View Post

Yes, but what about the movie?

Its fantastic.Like i said i went in with high expectations and came out fully satisfied. Im sure most here dont want me to spoil it for them. It will keep you entertained to the end. Im hoping to go and watch it again on Thursday. If you have any questions PM me. The only thing i cannot answer is if its very similar to the comics as I've never read them nor watched the animation version.

Frank

post #521 of 1397 Old 04-26-2012, 09:59 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I have mention one thing though Hulk is impressive in this one.

Frank

post #522 of 1397 Old 04-26-2012, 11:30 PM
AVS Special Member

My kids have asked me to get them out of school to see this on Friday. I'm like, noooo, I don't think that's gonna happen. Then they switch gears and ask to see the midnight showing on Thursday. Dad, we promise to go straight to bed when it's over and get enough sleep for school. Noooo, not gonna happen either.

Growing Older But Not Up
post #523 of 1397 Old 04-26-2012, 11:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

My kids have asked me to get them out of school to see this on Friday. I'm like, noooo, I don't think that's gonna happen. Then they switch gears and ask to see the midnight showing on Thursday. Dad, we promise to go straight to bed when it's over and get enough sleep for school. Noooo, not gonna happen either.

Cmon wabo its just school

Frank

post #524 of 1397 Old 04-27-2012, 06:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:

Its fantastic.Like i said i went in with high expectations and came out fully satisfied. Im sure most here dont want me to spoil it for them. It will keep you entertained to the end. Im hoping to go and watch it again on Thursday. If you have any questions PM me. The only thing i cannot answer is if its very similar to the comics as I've never read them nor watched the animation version.

No, you see I slyly edited your post to make it seem you were talking about Scarlett...oh, never mind In all seriousness, I thank you for your comments. Somehow it means more hearing your reactions than all the critic's reviews I've already read.

"There is no truth. There's just what you believe."
post #525 of 1397 Old 04-27-2012, 06:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 285
Quote:

I have mention one thing though Hulk is impressive in this one.

Great! I can't wait to see the film. And I'm jealous you've seen it already, what makes you guys so special in Australia huh, huh?
post #526 of 1397 Old 04-27-2012, 07:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Cmon wabo its just school

Lol. Good call, Franin. Hulk smash math.

Growing Older But Not Up
post #527 of 1397 Old 04-27-2012, 07:59 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 View Post

No, you see I slyly edited your post to make it seem you were talking about Scarlett...oh, never mind In all seriousness, I thank you for your comments. Somehow it means more hearing your reactions than all the critic's reviews I've already read.

Sorry lonwolf615 my apologies mate that one flew over me. You will love the Avengers if you don't ill be very much surprised. One of the girls at our work has never seen the iron mans,capt America, Thor or Hulk and she went to go and see Avengers because her boyfriend made her go she loved it so much she is doing a marvel marathon this weekend to learn more about the characters then she is going again to watch Avengers. That gives you an idea how good it is. But i bet there will be a few on this forum who won't like it( there always is lol ).

Frank

post #528 of 1397 Old 04-27-2012, 08:00 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

Great! I can't wait to see the film. And I'm jealous you've seen it already, what makes you guys so special in Australia huh, huh?

We had a beach full of sharks.

Frank

post #529 of 1397 Old 04-27-2012, 08:01 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

Lol. Good call, Franin. Hulk smash math.

Ha ha so true. "Hulk Smash" made me grin from ear to ear.

Frank

post #530 of 1397 Old 04-27-2012, 08:10 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Sorry lonwolf615 my apologies mate that one flew over me. You will love the Avengers if you don't ill be very much surprised. One of the girls at our work has never seen the iron mans,capt America, Thor or Hulk and she went to go and see Avengers because her boyfriend made her go she loved it so much she is doing a marvel marathon this weekend to learn more about the characters then she is going again to watch Avengers. That gives you an idea how good it is. But i bet there will be a few on this forum who won't like it( there always is lol ).

I think the girl from your work will enjoy watching the other Marvel films. Watching my Iron Man BD earlier this week reminded me of what a fine movie it is, perhaps the all time best comic book based film ever made, with the exception of Christopher Nolan's Batman movies.
post #531 of 1397 Old 04-27-2012, 08:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

I think the girl from your work will enjoy watching the other Marvel films. Watching my Iron Man BD earlier this week reminded me of what a fine movie it is, perhaps the all time best comic book based film ever made, with the exception of Christopher Nolan's Batman movies.

I will be curious to your thoughts on this movie gwsat. The characters all played there parts well. That's all i will say

Frank

post #532 of 1397 Old 04-27-2012, 11:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Comingsoon.net Scott chitwood gave his review of 9.5/10 and others on the comment board who have seen it say same thing that it's a 10 and it's the best marvel comic book movie.

This is josh whedon and like everything new these days that just released gets all hyped up. I still vividly recall Serenity ah's and ooh's and being so let down later. I'm not going through that again and keeping it real.
post #533 of 1397 Old 04-27-2012, 11:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey67 View Post

I still vividly recall Serenity ah's and ooh's and being so let down later. I'm not going through that again and keeping it real.

Though Serenity probably had a slightly smaller fanbase, smaller budget, smaller ad campaign, smaller star power, smaller production value, etc...
post #534 of 1397 Old 04-27-2012, 12:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:

Comingsoon.net Scott chitwood gave his review of 9.5/10 and others on the comment board who have seen it say same thing that it's a 10 and it's the best marvel comic book movie.

This is josh whedon and like everything new these days that just released gets all hyped up. I still vividly recall Serenity ah's and ooh's and being so let down later. I'm not going through that again and keeping it real.

It's Joss Whedon & Serenity was great! Though, much better if one had seen the series Firefly beforehand and already knew the characters and their history; Helped much better in understanding the context of everything. I had already loved the characters going in so the movie was great, but am confident I still would have thought it was quite good without having seen the series first. It stilll has an 89% audience rating on Rotten Tomatoes and an above 80% critic rating. So, most were not let down. Sorry that you were. I definitely was not.

Whedon makes gold, but as with anything there will be a percentage that doesn't like it or appreciate his work. That goes for everyone and everything in life though. Hopefully The Avengers will meet or exceed your expectations. If not, it's already exceeded many others and I am confident it will meet my very high expectations....simply because it's Joss Whedon writing AND directing. Every thing I've seen him do both for has been wonderful, always had great unique dialogue, heart and is fun, funny and/or intense.
post #535 of 1397 Old 04-27-2012, 12:28 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

It's "Joss," not "Josh" Whedon. I loved Serenity and thought Firefly's cancellation after just one season was a big mistake. That Whedon directed The Avengers is one of the reasons why I, like so many of the critics, am excited about it. I know Joss Whedon is not for all tastes but I am an unabashed fan.
post #536 of 1397 Old 04-27-2012, 12:31 PM
sb1
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

Watching my Iron Man BD earlier this week reminded me of what a fine movie it is

I watched it again a couple of weeks ago and was reminded of the same thing, as well as being reminded just how much better it really is than the second one.

Stephen.

Chances are very good that I was drinking when I posted the above.

post #537 of 1397 Old 04-27-2012, 12:32 PM
AVS Special Member

LOL. More glowing Avengers reviews coming in from non critics that are nice reads. lol.:

"Saw it on Wednesday. The movie was amazingly epic. From start to finish i was enthralled. Each member had their little moment to shine and that was rather evident in the sweeping one camera take during one of two fantastic choreographed action set pieces. And yes...the Hulk/Loki scene had our cinema laughing for what seemed like a good hour or so. hahaha.

A+ seems...inadequate."

"I just got back as well. Epic. Totally epic. Lived up to the hype. Not going to give a detailed review, I just want to gush a little. Every character had their moments and the dialogue was sharp (thank you Whedon). One of the complaints I have about the other Marvel films is that the action feels lacking towards the climax, but in Avengers it never lets up. I was very sad when it ended and I can't wait to see it again."

"There was a moment when I was just sat in the cinema thinking 'I'm watching Captain America, Iron Man, Bruce Banner and Thor arguing. Holy ****'."

"Just back from it. It's as if Joss Whedon went back in time to when I was 8 and planted a camera in my imagination. It was wonderful and everything I dreamed of for the Avengers on screen. Thrilling, funny and, yes, heartbreaking. Whedon pulls his Serenity trick of hitting the fans with a tragic surprise and sets up a truly epic ending. I can't wait to see it again. Oh, A+, in case you hadn't guessed."

"Just came back from the movie. Ohmygod, I didn't know they could be this good."
post #538 of 1397 Old 04-27-2012, 12:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 26
100% Top Critics on Rottentomatoes

Now the real question: Is it worth seeing in 3D or not?

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
post #539 of 1397 Old 04-27-2012, 12:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Also, the movie has broken several overseas records with highest opening day ever. And "According to MovieTickets.com, pre-sales for The Avengers are through the roof. A rep for the ticketing company says that The Avengers has sold 1.5 times as many tickets as Captain America: The First Avenger, Thor, Iron Man, and Iron Man 2 combined had sold at the same point in their pre-release cycles. Cha-ching!"

Nice.
post #540 of 1397 Old 04-27-2012, 12:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post

100% Top Critics on Rottentomatoes

Now the real question: Is it worth seeing in 3D or not?

Usually, I talk people out of seeing movies that are post converted. Not a fan of that. It's just the studios trying to make more money. However, I have heard this movie was shot WITH post 3D conversion in mind. So, that could mean it will be better. I have read a few people say it's good in 3D. My only option is to view in 3D, so I guess I'll be seeing it in 3D. lol.
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page