post #811 of 1397 Old 05-07-2012, 07:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug View Post

"First Clip". Was their more than one post movie?

Yes there was. A two-fer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 1397 Old 05-07-2012, 07:15 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by SbWillie View Post

So the post prod. IMAX 3d is not that bad??I'm going tot he WC Moore Warren (take that gwsat!)Tuesday morning so I hope the 3D rocks!!

I hope you like The Avengers in 3D IMAX. You will certainly see it in a state of the art facility. The IMAX 3D presentation of Titanic I saw at the Moore Warren IMAX convinced me that I needed to give up on post production 3D presentations. They just don't work for me. I'm going to see The Avengers in 2D at Tinseltown later this week. I can hardly wait!
post #813 of 1397 Old 05-07-2012, 07:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Wow, what a movie. I have seen a lot of movies in my day, but I'm not sure I've ever had that much fun. Whedon blended the whole thing perfectly...just even screen time for all of the characters. The script was perfect. Truly, unbelieveable. I think this even beats Christopher Nolan's take on Batman. This is something to see!!!
post #814 of 1397 Old 05-07-2012, 07:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

I know waboman went to go and see it in 3D I wonder if he got the same presentation?

I picked the wrong theater to see this in, Franin. I really had planned on heading out to an IMAX. As you know, with families, plans change often and quickly. So to the local Regal multiplex we went. It was just bad timing all around. They had it showing on at least half of their 16 screens. The screen for the time slot we picked must be regulated to films on their last legs. The screen was small, and the audio anemic. I mean, really anemic and weak. I kept thinking, just give me the blu-ray and I'll watch it at home. The 3D didn't really add anything except make the picture darker. I did earn a free small soda with my Regal points. But enough of my whining. What did I think of the film? It was freakin' awesome! I want to take my kids to see this done properly on an IMAX next week.

Growing Older But Not Up
post #815 of 1397 Old 05-07-2012, 07:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Closet Geek View Post

I read that too. And an interesting note, the article also said 40% were women. And when I think about it the theater was about 50/50 when I went yesterday. I know it wasn't that hig

That is about what I noticed when I saw it during the Mavel Matathon. The amount of ladies who sat thru all 15 hours with me. Bodes well for it's earnings

The numbers back him up. "The Avengers" audience was 60 percent male and 40 percent female, and 50 percent over 25 and 50 percent under. Couples made up 55 percent of the crowds, teens 21 percent.
"As much as there were exceptional expectations, that A+ CinemaScore shows everyone left satisfied," Hollis said
post #816 of 1397 Old 05-07-2012, 08:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 104
I thought the addition of Agent Maria Hill (Cobie Smulders) was a nice touch and hopefully we'll see more of her in the future.

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Movies

post #817 of 1397 Old 05-07-2012, 08:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug View Post

"First Clip". Was their more than one post movie?

yes there are two.

post #818 of 1397 Old 05-07-2012, 08:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

Ok, thanks for the heads up. I'm not familiar with him.

Yeah - not the most famous villian to the uninitiated. Its as if Whedon & Feige played the full geek card hand with that one.

Saw the film on Friday (early afternoon 2D showing - not super crowded). There was a group of 5-6 "30 yr old virgins" behind the missus & I. An intriguing geek conversation happened behind us before the movie and during the trailers (we got new TDKR, new Spidey & Prometheus previews). I thought I was fairly steeped in comics/movie lore....

When the end credits reveal occured, one of them shouted out the name of the villian excitedly.

I later related to the missus who the character was, partially from memory - mostly from Wikipedia during some after movie drinks. My wife joked ..."knowing that level of comic book villian probably also acts as a shield for one's virginity. In your defense, honey...you did have to use the Internet a little". God I love that woman....

Oh yeah.....both a great Marvel flick, arguably the best to date. And also just a solid piece of summer entertainment. Think I may see it again before it leaves the multiplexes.

As to said scene & reveal....I wonder if it may also be acting as a preview/setup of sorts for THOR 2?

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

post #819 of 1397 Old 05-07-2012, 08:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach View Post

Yes there was. A two-fer.

Next time I'll be more specific....lie to me!
post #820 of 1397 Old 05-07-2012, 09:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwebb1970 View Post

I later related to the missus who the character was, partially from memory - mostly from Wikipedia during some after movie drinks. My wife joked ..."knowing that level of comic book villian probably also acts as a shield for one's virginity. In your defense, honey...you did have to use the Internet a little". God I love that woman....

Very funny.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
post #821 of 1397 Old 05-07-2012, 09:14 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 19
I managed to see this twice over the weekend, and I'll not repeat all of the well-deserved praise for this movie. I was tickled pink both times.

First was in realD3D on an XD screen at Cinemark. I THOUGHT it was good, but my poor vision (weak uncorrectable left eye; 20/20 right eye) leaves me with no sense of 3D effects in a 3D viewing - I went for screen size and sound (for which the volume was on 11!). THEN, I saw it in 2D at the same theater a couple days later. What was so startling was that the 2D showing was much more vivid, colorful, all around just a better picture, but the audio mix had shifted. FX sounds were weak (no punch), but the dialogue was so much clearer I was able to make out everything I'd missed in the first pass (except for the phrase Hulk says after that Loki scene). Interesting contrast between 3D and 2D.

I don't go out of my way to avoid spoilers. I got motion sickness watching the Spiderman 3D trailer (I will have to avoid the 3D for that movie) and frankly, the trailer for DKR didn't impress me (and I loved BB and TDK). I don't see DKR topping Avengers. I think you've got the 2012 box office juggernaut in theaters already (and it has a Hulk!).
post #822 of 1397 Old 05-07-2012, 09:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:

I picked the wrong theater to see this in, Franin. I really had planned on heading out to an IMAX. As you know, with families, plans change often and quickly. So to the local Regal multiplex we went. It was just bad timing all around. They had it showing on at least half of their 16 screens. The screen for the time slot we picked must be regulated to films on their last legs. The screen was small, and the audio anemic. I mean, really anemic and weak. I kept thinking, just give me the blu-ray and I'll watch it at home. The 3D didn't really add anything except make the picture darker. I did earn a free small soda with my Regal points. But enough of my whining. What did I think of the film? It was freakin' awesome! I want to take my kids to see this done properly on an IMAX next week.

I had a similar experience with batman TDK, horrible never go to that cinema again.

Frank

post #823 of 1397 Old 05-07-2012, 09:39 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:

Ok, thanks for the heads up. I'm not familiar with him.

Nor was I. I had to Google it also.

Frank

post #824 of 1397 Old 05-07-2012, 09:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 368
Quote:

There was a group of 5-6 "30 yr old virgins" behind the missus & I. An intriguing geek conversation happened behind us before the movie and during the trailers (we got new TDKR, new Spidey & Prometheus previews). I thought I was fairly steeped in comics/movie lore....

None of them said his name was Sheldon or Leonard? Great quip from your wife.
post #825 of 1397 Old 05-07-2012, 09:54 AM
AVS Special Member

There is an interesting article on CNN (actually Entertainment Weekly) that talks about the "secret scene".

Be advised there are spoilers.
post #826 of 1397 Old 05-07-2012, 10:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 276
Box Office Report: 'Avengers' Even Bigger With $207.1 Million Opening

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...-whedon-320876

well I guess Disney is feeling better now!
post #827 of 1397 Old 05-07-2012, 10:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

Box Office Report: 'Avengers' Even Bigger With $207.1 Million Opening

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...-whedon-320876

well I guess Disney is feeling better now!

Making up for those John Carter losses.

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

post #828 of 1397 Old 05-07-2012, 10:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 290
Unless it's already been mentioned...
Pepper Potts, denim shorts, bare feet... droool

My Rig

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

post #829 of 1397 Old 05-07-2012, 10:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

I too was a little surprised by Ms Potts' casual appearence - in a good way

post #830 of 1397 Old 05-07-2012, 10:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:

I picked a bad one too, Rolling Hills AMC. All the way through the trailers, they had sound running out of a single car speaker on the left side of the screen (that's what it sounded like anyway), and the house lights (flourescent bulbs, for cleaning up between shows) full on; when the feature started, they turned off the flourescents, but one kept glowing red the entire time, the runway lights on the sidewall were distractingly bright to me, the sound improved but still not good (a bit tinny, and one note bass) - and then to top it off, "come on, open the curtains, open the curtains!" - nope, its 16:9. Boo.

Oh well, my wife and I did enjoy the movie, although certainly not to the level that some reviews I've seen. I'll still buy the BD though - should be better at home, with properly calibrated sound.

Maybe I'm just in the mood more for more serious sci fi / suspense these days, and growing a little tired of the cute one liners mixed in.

Come on Prometheus!!
post #831 of 1397 Old 05-07-2012, 10:52 AM
AVS Special Member

post #832 of 1397 Old 05-07-2012, 10:53 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 814
Quote:

Agent Maria Hill, please.
GP is too stupid (Apple?) for my tastes....

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
post #833 of 1397 Old 05-07-2012, 11:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Boy, I'm glad you got that off my chest
post #834 of 1397 Old 05-07-2012, 11:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Horstkotte View Post

Come on Prometheus!!

It's been a while for sure, but......The Avengers was Marvel-ous! See what I did there?
post #835 of 1397 Old 05-07-2012, 12:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach View Post

I think this even beats Christopher Nolan's take on Batman. This is something to see!!!

I think so too.

Quote:

As to said scene & reveal....I wonder if it may also be acting as a preview/setup of sorts for THOR 2?

I didn't think about that. I had it in my head that they were building up to The Avengers 2.

David Budo
post #836 of 1397 Old 05-07-2012, 12:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytchone View Post

Just found this out, neat.

The Avengers; Lou Ferrigno as Hulk (voice), Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner

According to info from the link, it was also the case in the Ang Lee HULK & Marvel's Ed Norton venture. If true, a cool way to keep the "original" green guy working in the franchise.

post #837 of 1397 Old 05-07-2012, 12:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Thanks jwebb1970. What kind of earthly villains are there for them to battle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

I don't think that name is bad at all. If that's the case, then Rose is just as stupid. Apple is just different and I think it's cute.

David Budo
post #838 of 1397 Old 05-07-2012, 01:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbuudo07 View Post

Thanks jwebb1970. What kind of earthly villains are there for them to battle?

It'll likely be the villian seen @ the end...but like I said, I would wish for a non-alien threat. But Whedon pulled it off in this one, so I certainly hold out hope for the sequel to at least not suck regardless of villian.

Some semi-spoilerish info on the end credits scene as well as on what may be in store is found here, albeit the latter it is pretty much all conjecture:

http://www.movie-moron.com/?p=21636

This bit from the linked article is not a spoiler - comments made in the press by Kevin Feige not that long ago:

Producer Kevin Feige is in creative charge of the movies and says that Marvel’s upcoming movies will fit together as another set of films leading up to the Avengers sequel. Iron Man 3 “will be the first of what we refer to as phase two of this saga, that will culminate in Avengers 2.” He also mentioned that a Dr. Strange movie could well fit into this second phase. All of which means that the Avengers follow-up won’t hit theaters until 2014 at the very earliest, with 2015 more likely.

post #839 of 1397 Old 05-07-2012, 01:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbuudo07 View Post

I don't think that name is bad at all. If that's the case, then Rose is just as stupid. Apple is just different and I think it's cute.

What the hell kinda name is Pepper Potts for that matter?

Could care less what GP & the Coldplay dude named their kid in real life - Ms Potts was cute as hell prancing around Stark Tower in her cutoffs.

But I would be happy to see more of Agent Hill in the future as well.

post #840 of 1397 Old 05-07-2012, 01:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

What the hell kinda name is Pepper Potts for that matter?

Could care less what GP & the Coldplay dude named their kid in real life - Ms Potts was cute as hell prancing around Stark Tower in her cutoffs.

But I would be happy to see more of Agent Hill in the future as well.

Because "Redhead walking around Stark Tower looking like Hotsauce" would have made her name too long.

Agent Hill ain't bad either but IMO can't touch Potts.

But really guys (since we're temporarily taking the thread down here), are we not going to mention Natasha? Who doesn't want to know that at any moment their life could be in literal jeopardy by making the wrong...uh...move?!
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page