Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

*hiding himself behind his desk*
oops you're right you're right!

No worries. I was more concerned I had missed something!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1142 of 1397 Old 05-16-2012, 05:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but the only "primary" Avenger not scheduled for a solo sequel in the next two years is the Hulk (IM2, T2 and CA2 are all due out by Fall 2014).

As it turns out, the Hulk will instead get his own TV series, produced by Guillermo del Toro no less. The big green guy will smash the small screen for ABC in a year or so. I hope Lou Ferrigno gets the lead role.

Hmm, this from the network that thought remaking Charlie's Angels was a brilliant idea. I dunno. I'd rather see Ruffalo appear in the other movies (which is a likely scenario as he's supposedly signed on for 6 movies) than have a series which might not fit into the current timeline/universe. This screams "Money Grab". They know how much audiences loved the Hulk in the movie, so this seems like a mad dash to capitalize on that.
post #1143 of 1397 Old 05-16-2012, 07:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

I recently posted my thoughts about Nolan and Whedon in, I think, The Dark Knight Rises thread. I love everything either one does but would find it impossible to say which I think is "better." Nolan and Whedon are both great writers and directors but each is unique. I'm just glad we have both of them, will be there early on to see all of their new films, and will end up buying the BDs of most of them.

Nicely said. For the record I wasn't comparing the talents of the two. What I meant to say was I connected with the Avengers in a way that I didn't with either of The Dark Knights (or any other superhero or comic book film for that matter), and for me that puts The Avengers on another level. There was a moment in the film where I thought, not in a bad way, "this is a comic book", and I was suddenly watching with the awed wonder of a twelve yeart old.

"There is no truth. There's just what you believe."
post #1144 of 1397 Old 05-16-2012, 09:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwebb1970 View Post

THOR 2 is in the development pipe, so I think your hopes will be fullfilled, esp since
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Thor returned to Asgard w/ both the Tesseract & Loki at the end of AVENGERS. Fans seem to have enjoyed Loki in this film, so its a sure bet we'll see more of him

Excellent im looking forward to it.

Frank

post #1145 of 1397 Old 05-17-2012, 12:19 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 814
Quote:

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but the only "primary" Avenger not scheduled for a solo sequel in the next two years is the Hulk (IM2, T2 and CA2 are all due out by Fall 2014).

As it turns out, the Hulk will instead get his own TV series, produced by Guillermo del Toro no less. The big green guy will smash the small screen for ABC in a year or so. I hope Lou Ferrigno gets the lead role.

WTF?!?
I can't believe this.
This is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of....

The Hulk can ONLY (and I mean ONLY) exist as a cameo in Marvel Superhero movies or as a member of The Avengers.
ANNNNNNYYYYY thing else is beyond the pale.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
post #1146 of 1397 Old 05-17-2012, 12:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 101
You mean im3

No subwoofer I've heard has been able to produce the bass I've experienced in the Corps!

Must..stop...buying...every bluray release...
post #1147 of 1397 Old 05-17-2012, 12:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

WTF?!?
I can't believe this.
This is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of....

The Hulk can ONLY (and I mean ONLY) exist as a cameo in Marvel Superhero movies or as a member of The Avengers.
ANNNNNNYYYYY thing else is beyond the pale.

Hm. I'll check out the series. lol. They are using the same CGI hulk model from The Avengers movie. That alone means I'm gonna check it out.
post #1148 of 1397 Old 05-17-2012, 01:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 285
Quote:

"NOOOOOooooooooooooo!!!!"

I was hoping for a film. This is ridiculous, we know now thanks to Ruffalo and the film that at long last, Hulk has potential for his own franchise. But this? no thanks. No mention of Mark Ruffalo of course, and it would surprise me if he were to be part of a TV series. What's next, a Loki spin-off? damn!
post #1149 of 1397 Old 05-17-2012, 03:37 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

"NOOOOOooooooooooooo!!!!"

I was hoping for a film. This is ridiculous, we know now thanks to Ruffalo and the film that at long last, Hulk has potential for his own franchise. But this? no thanks. No mention of Mark Ruffalo of course, and it would surprise me if he were to be part of a TV series. What's next, a Loki spin-off? damn!

I'm sure they will do another incredible hulk film with Ruffalo.

Frank

post #1150 of 1397 Old 05-17-2012, 08:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1812 View Post

Hmm, this from the network that thought remaking Charlie's Angels was a brilliant idea. I dunno. I'd rather see Ruffalo appear in the other movies (which is a likely scenario as he's supposedly signed on for 6 movies) than have a series which might not fit into the current timeline/universe. This screams "Money Grab". They know how much audiences loved the Hulk in the movie, so this seems like a mad dash to capitalize on that.

I haven't seen the actual reports of Ruffalo's deal but is it a boilerplate studio deal for six films? Or is it a studio agreement specific to the Marvel franchise?

And believe me, I get the appeal of "Hulk Smash" especially after the performance in the Avengers, but what do you guys think of a Hulk movie that's less (if not no) Hulk and more Banner's storyline as a build up to other Marvel Superhero movies? I'm only asking because IMO, what really made Hulk effective in the Avenger's is the build of tension and anticipation of if/when and how Hulk would show. And IMO, Bana nor Norton could pull that off like Ruffalo did.
post #1151 of 1397 Old 05-17-2012, 08:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Closet Geek View Post

And believe me, I get the appeal of "Hulk Smash" especially after the performance in the Avengers, but what do you guys think of a Hulk movie that's less (if not no) Hulk and more Banner's storyline as a build up to other Marvel Superhero movies? I'm only asking because IMO, what really made Hulk effective in the Avenger's is the build of tension and anticipation of if/when and how Hulk would show. And IMO, Bana nor Norton could pull that off like Ruffalo did.

I found myself wanting to know more about Banner watching the movie. The way Ruffalo played him and the way it was written, he was an intriging character. Much more than just the Hulk's alter ego. I think Banner could carry a film, as long as the big guy shows up eventually...

"There is no truth. There's just what you believe."
post #1152 of 1397 Old 05-17-2012, 08:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 View Post

I found myself wanting to know more about Banner watching the movie. The way Ruffalo played him and the way it was written, he was an intriging character. Much more than just the Hulk's alter ego. I think Banner could carry a film, as long as the big guy shows up eventually...

Agreed but I just keep thinking about a cliffhanger of sorts. At the end of the movie he changes and segue's into....Thor 2? Iron Man 3? Could be fun.
post #1153 of 1397 Old 05-17-2012, 09:15 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Actually it would be cool if in iron man 3,Thor 2 etc another member of the avenger team makes a guest appearance in there movie.

Frank

post #1154 of 1397 Old 05-17-2012, 09:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 34
Quote:

I haven't seen the actual reports of Ruffalo's deal but is it a boilerplate studio deal for six films? Or is it a studio agreement specific to the Marvel franchise?

I watched a brief vide interview w/ Ruffalo via Rotten Tomatoes the day before Avengers came out in the US. 2 things I recall being mentioned:

1-Ruffalo confirmed that Marvel did in fact sign him up for a multi picture deal (may in fact be 6, but do not recall). Thinking they are keeping all options open beyond Avengers 2 - perhaps a new Hulk movie or the possibility of Ruffalo appearing in other related Marvel projects (still hoping he turns up in IM3 or Thor 2).

2-Ruffalo was bummed that much of his scene w/ Harry Dean Stanton ended up on the cutting room floor. Really felt that he & Stanton had a "beautiful scene" together. But was encouraged when the interviewer stated that Whedon plans to cram most if not all of the cut material on the BluRay.

I'll try to find the link.....

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

post #1155 of 1397 Old 05-17-2012, 10:44 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 551 Post(s)
Liked: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Actually it would be cool if in iron man 3,Thor 2 etc another member of the avenger team makes a guest appearance in there movie.

Agreed. Having already interacted with each other in Avengers, I hope Marvel is less coy/stingy about having their characters interact in upcoming movies. I'll admit, it was a treat seeing Tony Stark in a Hulk film. And, post Avengers, it will seem completely natural to see Banner at Stark's lab in the next Iron Man film. Sharing the characters a little more in future Marvel films will make their coming together feel even more inevitable in the second Avengers movie.

Sanjay
post #1156 of 1397 Old 05-17-2012, 11:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
IIRC, RDJ, Evans and Hemsworth all signed 6 picture deals. RDJ would love to do a cameo appearance in another film since with IM3 that makes 4 down, 2 to go. If they use him up for a short shoot on another Marvel film besides Avengers II, then he can walk or renegotiate. The other guys are pretty much trapped for another 4 films. For an actor that's a huge commitment and depending on how stringent the contract terms are, perhaps not financially as rewarding as doing other work. Downey had some leverage, Hemsworth and Evans not so much. I read where Evan's salary for Cap was only $300Gs...I'm sure there was some backend because he's a bigger name than that. Hemsworth was nearly an unknown, so I wonder if he even scored an Evans level contract...not that he's not going to have opportunity to make tons of cash during his career. He's young and working a full slate of other projects.

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

post #1157 of 1397 Old 05-17-2012, 11:11 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

^^ I would very much like to see this. More Banner, with "the Other Guy" showing up at the end to smash something. It's been a long time, but as I recall, that's what made the 70's series effective - Bixby drew you into Banner and you saw ALL the human elements before Big Lou showed up to smash things. Hmm. I need to go rent the dvd's of those shows. . .
post #1158 of 1397 Old 05-17-2012, 11:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Temple View Post

IIRC, RDJ, Evans and Hemsworth all signed 6 picture deals. RDJ would love to do a cameo appearance in another film since with IM3 that makes 4 down, 2 to go. If they use him up for a short shoot on another Marvel film besides Avengers II, then he can walk or renegotiate. The other guys are pretty much trapped for another 4 films. For an actor that's a huge commitment and depending on how stringent the contract terms are, perhaps not financially as rewarding as doing other work. Downey had some leverage, Hemsworth and Evans not so much. I read where Evan's salary for Cap was only $300Gs...I'm sure there was some backend because he's a bigger name than that. Hemsworth was nearly an unknown, so I wonder if he even scored an Evans level contract...not that he's not going to have opportunity to make tons of cash during his career. He's young and working a full slate of other projects.

The link a few posts back gave a good indication of what the primary cast members made. Apparently RDJ hit the mega millions jackpot, while ScarJo and Sam The Man came in 2nd with big contracts. The others made more than you estimate/heard, but not nearly what RDJ made.
post #1159 of 1397 Old 05-17-2012, 11:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The link a few posts back gave a good indication of what the primary cast members made. Apparently RDJ hit the mega millions jackpot, while ScarJo and Sam The Man came in 2nd with big contracts. The others made more than you estimate/heard, but not nearly what RDJ made.

Yeah, (assuming you believe the numbers, which I think are close). And if those numbers are real then I think a lot of agents are going to get fired. And not saying it's not possible but $300K for a big budget superhero action flick that was already billed as a catalyst for the Avengers seems very unlikely even if the contract is nicely back loaded. Especially since Evans was already experienced as playing Torch.
post #1160 of 1397 Old 05-17-2012, 12:21 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Hulk/Banner should make small cameos in these upcoming singular sequels.

We have had 2 Hulk origin movies and that is enough IMO.
As good a character as Hulk/Banner is, I don't think a Hulk sequel is a particularly good idea....there is so much other stuff for Marvel to mine.

post #1161 of 1397 Old 05-17-2012, 12:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Was I the only one like the chemistry between Stark and Banner in the lab or am I just a nerd like that?
post #1162 of 1397 Old 05-17-2012, 12:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidML3 View Post

Was I the only one like the chemistry between Stark and Banner in the lab or am I just a nerd like that?

Haha. I see what you did there.

Kaboom.
post #1163 of 1397 Old 05-17-2012, 01:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

LOL...yeah, you are "a nerd like that."

post #1164 of 1397 Old 05-17-2012, 01:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Aren't we all?
post #1165 of 1397 Old 05-17-2012, 02:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 406
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Aren't we all?

Absolutely true! Anybody who posts here and denies being a nerd knows nothing about how to retain one's credibility.
post #1166 of 1397 Old 05-17-2012, 02:34 PM
Advanced Member

Proud member of the Nerd Herd and Lambda Lambda Lambda!
post #1167 of 1397 Old 05-17-2012, 02:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
Quote:

Yeah, (assuming you believe the numbers, which I think are close). And if those numbers are real then I think a lot of agents are going to get fired. And not saying it's not possible but $300K for a big budget superhero action flick that was already billed as a catalyst for the Avengers seems very unlikely even if the contract is nicely back loaded. Especially since Evans was already experienced as playing Torch.

The $300K was for Captain America First Avenger...I think it was on his IMDB trivia page. Of course there was back loaded compensation, as well. I'm also sure there were excalators for each movie and I don't doubt the article that breaks down what the stars are making for TA. Still Evans and Hemsworth are sucking hindtit vs. the other names. I'll bet Renner is getting a bigger slice.

Yep, I just looked...it's on his triva page on IMDB...$300,000 (maybe they dropped a 0 ;^))

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

post #1168 of 1397 Old 05-17-2012, 02:44 PM

Liked: 10
This movie was my first IMAX 3D experience. My life is changed forever.
post #1169 of 1397 Old 05-17-2012, 03:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikimaru View Post

This movie was my first IMAX 3D experience. My life is changed forever.

Wait until you see an actual IMAX 3D movie...

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
post #1170 of 1397 Old 05-17-2012, 03:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Proud member of the Nerd Herd and Lambda Lambda Lambda!

Classic!
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page