post #1171 of 1397 Old 05-17-2012, 04:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Temple View Post

The $300K was for Captain America First Avenger...I think it was on his IMDB trivia page. Of course there was back loaded compensation, as well. I'm also sure there were excalators for each movie and I don't doubt the article that breaks down what the stars are making for TA. Still Evans and Hemsworth are sucking hindtit vs. the other names. I'll bet Renner is getting a bigger slice.

Yep, I just looked...it's on his triva page on IMDB...$300,000 (maybe they dropped a 0 ;^))

*picking myself up off the floor*

Unreal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1172 of 1397 Old 05-17-2012, 04:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Closet Geek View Post

Unreal.

I just reread that Downey payday article from another source. I guess Marvel is renowned for low balling talent. Mickey Rourke was only offered $250K for IM2. Unless they are offering serious backend, then I can't see anyone signing with them. If they are...and chances are good that the movies will be successful, then a low salary wouldn't be much of a handicap and might have tremendous tax advantages in the year the picture is made.

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

post #1173 of 1397 Old 05-17-2012, 10:29 PM
CIH USER

Quoted: 281 Post(s)
Liked: 293
Quote:

Aren't we all?

Yep and proud. My friends are into cars and boats me I get excited over avengers

Frank
post #1174 of 1397 Old 05-18-2012, 08:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:

Unreal.

+1. Unbelieveable.
post #1175 of 1397 Old 05-18-2012, 08:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Yep and proud. My friends are into cars and boats me I get excited over avengers

Unless the cars have cannons and can do things like "Intimidate" and the boats turn into invisible flying fortresses.
post #1176 of 1397 Old 05-18-2012, 11:41 AM
sb1
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 152
Quote:

The $300K was for Captain America First Avenger...I think it was on his IMDB trivia page. Of course there was back loaded compensation, as well. I'm also sure there were excalators for each movie and I don't doubt the article that breaks down what the stars are making for TA. Still Evans and Hemsworth are sucking hindtit vs. the other names. I'll bet Renner is getting a bigger slice.

Yep, I just looked...it's on his triva page on IMDB...$300,000 (maybe they dropped a 0 ;^))

Still, I imagine it was certainly in his best interest to accept that particular role at that price, or even less. Same for Hemsworth. Most likely a solid springboard for those guys after successfully portraying CA and Thor. Kind of a bigger picture thing, I guess. Hell I don't know...

I'm seeing TA in a few hours. I hope I like it.

Stephen.

Chances are very good that I was drinking when I posted the above.

post #1177 of 1397 Old 05-18-2012, 12:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1 View Post

Still, I imagine it was certainly in his best interest to accept that particular role at that price, or even less. Same for Hemsworth. Most likely a solid springboard for those guys after successfully portraying CA and Thor. Kind of a bigger picture thing, I guess. Hell I don't know...

While the scene w/ Fury @ the end of the 1st IRON MAN was there from the get go, Marvel was waiting to see how well the film did before completely moving forward w/ Feige's AVENGERS plans.

As well, it could have been seen that a major contributer to the success of IM was it's lead actor. Once the remaining Avenger member movies were announced, they may still have not been sure how well they would do.

Marvel surely was just hedging their bets up front on the less-than-marquee actors cast as Cap & Thor (at least compared to RDJ or Ed Norton). I'm sure the other AVENGERS members all have decent agents who saw to it that back end deals were eventually negotiated.

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

post #1178 of 1397 Old 05-18-2012, 01:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwebb1970 View Post

While the scene w/ Fury @ the end of the 1st IRON MAN was there from the get go, Marvel was waiting to see how well the film did before completely moving forward w/ Feige's AVENGERS plans.

As well, it could have been seen that a major contributer to the success of IM was it's lead actor. Once the remaining Avenger member movies were announced, they may still have not been sure how well they would do.

Marvel surely was just hedging their bets up front on the less-than-marquee actors cast as Cap & Thor (at least compared to RDJ or Ed Norton). I'm sure the other AVENGERS members all have decent agents who saw to it that back end deals were eventually negotiated.

If they didn't then we'll start to see some flack about $ distribution in the coming months ala LOTR. Everyone came out of the woodwork to get a bigger piece of that trilogy.

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

post #1179 of 1397 Old 05-18-2012, 08:43 PM
sb1
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 152
Great film. Loved it.

Stephen.

Chances are very good that I was drinking when I posted the above.

post #1180 of 1397 Old 05-18-2012, 09:13 PM
CIH USER

Quote:

Great film. Loved it.

Can't wait till it hits blu ray.

Frank
post #1181 of 1397 Old 05-18-2012, 09:53 PM

Liked: 32
Quote:

Absolutely...
post #1182 of 1397 Old 05-18-2012, 11:36 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1395 Post(s)
Liked: 1008
Quote:

Most likely a solid springboard for those guys after successfully portraying CA and Thor.

Better than the alternative: not being the actor to portray CA or Thor. Besides, Downey likely went through his share of $300k paydays before working his way up the current deals he gets.

Sanjay
post #1183 of 1397 Old 05-19-2012, 12:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:

I was just watching Abram's Star Trek, and was pleasantly surprised to see a familiar face on the deck during the opening sequence ...

None other than Chris Hemsworth as George Kirk himself.
post #1184 of 1397 Old 05-19-2012, 11:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:

Saw it 2 days ago. Like most, if not all here, loved it. The only problem I had was the sound in my theater. I don't think the DD/DTS or whatever was working or activated. At least I did not notice any surround sound.

All the sound came from the front. And while the BASS/SUBWOOFER sounds were great, there was no surround sound. I didn't complain, or even ask, but I should have. This is the reason I cannot wait for the Blu-Ray.

The ending scene, after all the credits, had me cracking up. And the actors as well. I swear to God, Mark Ruffalo and Chris Evans could not keep a straight face. If you go too see it again, watch them. Especially Ruffalo(hope I spelled his name right).
post #1185 of 1397 Old 05-19-2012, 01:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Liked: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEELERSRULE View Post

The ending scene, after all the credits, had me cracking up. And the actors as well. I swear to God, Mark Ruffalo and Chris Evans could not keep a straight face. If you go too see it again, watch them. Especially Ruffalo(hope I spelled his name right).

+1! Also, those who see the scene after the end credits need to be sure to note the back wall with the name on it of the place where the gang has gone.
post #1186 of 1397 Old 05-19-2012, 01:58 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Quote:

Saw it 2 days ago. Like most, if not all here, loved it.

I think the general consensus around here (and probably everywhere else) is this is the finest Marvel flick yet.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
post #1187 of 1397 Old 05-19-2012, 02:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

I think the general consensus around here (and probably everywhere else) is this is the finest Marvel flick yet.

Amen! It's remarkable what combining Joss Whedon's brilliant directing and writing with $220 million can accomplish. For example in the middle of a fantastic action sequence we got a one-liner from the Hulk that made me howl: "Puny god." Not many moviemakers could have pulled off something like that. Fortunately for us, Whedon could and did.
post #1188 of 1397 Old 05-19-2012, 04:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Apparently I was the only one who thought the pistols sounded like muffled cap guns...Not sure why they were mixed into the film that flat sounding (Fure/Jackson shooting at the chopper is my main example).

Gswat, I'm guessing you didn't watch AVengers at T'Town in theater #12. .no left side surround sound at all (out I assume). Luckily I caught it at the IMAX for the first go 'round.

First day bluray purchase for my fam!
post #1189 of 1397 Old 05-19-2012, 06:24 PM

Liked: 44
"According to a Blu-Ray.com forum post (unofficially, of course), Joss Whedon’s The Avengers will hit stores as early as September 25th of this year."
post #1190 of 1397 Old 05-19-2012, 08:05 PM
CIH USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post

"According to a Blu-Ray.com forum post (unofficially, of course), Joss Whedon's The Avengers will hit stores as early as September 25th of this year."

I hope so

Frank
post #1191 of 1397 Old 05-19-2012, 08:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SbWillie View Post

Gswat, I'm guessing you didn't watch AVengers at T'Town in theater #12. .no left side surround sound at all (out I assume). Luckily I caught it at the IMAX for the first go 'round.

I saw it in one of the big Tinseltown auditoriums just off the lobby on the west side, don't remember what the number was. In any event, I noticed nothing whatever wrong with the audio and thought it sounded terrific.
post #1192 of 1397 Old 05-19-2012, 08:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

Amen! It's remarkable what combining Joss Whedon's brilliant directing and writing with $220 million can accomplish. For example in the middle of a fantastic action sequence we got a one-liner from the Hulk that made me howl: "Puny god." Not many moviemakers could have pulled off something like that. Fortunately for us, Whedon could and did.

My favorite line in the film.

"There is no truth. There's just what you believe."
post #1193 of 1397 Old 05-19-2012, 09:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 View Post

My favorite line in the film.

I really like Stark's conversation with Loki at his tower though I dislike the fact that Loki does exactly what Stark thinks he is going to do.

[/quote]

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
post #1194 of 1397 Old 05-20-2012, 09:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 131
"There's only one God and he doesn't dress like that."

Might have the quote wrong, but it's close

"There is no truth. There's just what you believe."
post #1195 of 1397 Old 05-20-2012, 11:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Quote:

Saw it 2 days ago. Like most, if not all here, loved it. The only problem I had was the sound in my theater. I don't think the DD/DTS or whatever was working or activated. At least I did not notice any surround sound.

All the sound came from the front. And while the BASS/SUBWOOFER sounds were great, there was no surround sound. I didn't complain, or even ask, but I should have. This is the reason I cannot wait for the Blu-Ray.

I just saw this and the bass was a little anemic but the surrounds were good. We saw this in the same theater that we saw HTTYD and the bass was very good for that movie so not sure what to expect for the bluray? Either way, will be picking it up first day.

My six year old was not totally sure if she wanted to see this as she thought the Hulk looked mean - by the end she is yelling HULK SMASH!

My Dedicated Home Theater Room
post #1196 of 1397 Old 05-20-2012, 11:43 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1395 Post(s)
Liked: 1008
Based on weekend estimates, 'Avengers' is now the 4th highest grossing film (worldwide) of all time, passing 'Dark of the Moon' by $57 million. If it can make another $150 million by the end of its run, it will pass 'Harry Potter' to become the 3rd highest grossing film of all time. Should be able to do it, considering Memorial Day weekend is coming up and other big budget films ('Battleship') aren't much competition.

Sanjay
post #1197 of 1397 Old 05-20-2012, 01:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurani View Post

Based on weekend estimates, 'Avengers' is now the 4th highest grossing film (worldwide) of all time, passing 'Dark of the Moon' by $57 million. If it can make another $150 million by the end of its run, it will pass 'Harry Potter' to become the 3rd highest grossing film of all time. Should be able to do it, considering Memorial Day weekend is coming up and other big budget films ('Battleship') aren't much competition.

MIB3 and Prometheus will slow it down some.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
post #1198 of 1397 Old 05-20-2012, 01:53 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Saw it for the second time last night. Enjoyed it just as much as the first time. Amazed that the theater was dang near sold out again.
post #1199 of 1397 Old 05-20-2012, 05:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:

If they didn't then we'll start to see some flack about $ distribution in the coming months ala LOTR. Everyone came out of the woodwork to get a bigger piece of that trilogy.

Also bet to remember that most of the major cast signed multi-picture deals w/ Marvel prior to AVENGERS. I'm betting that all of them not named Downey are currently getting or will soon get a lot more than what their initial payday amount was.

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

post #1200 of 1397 Old 05-21-2012, 09:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 View Post

"There's only one God and he doesn't dress like that."

Might have the quote wrong, but it's close

You got it pretty close and at my first screening the entire theater cheered!
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page