The Avengers - Page 47 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
First ... 45  46  47
Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion > The Avengers
rezzy's Avatar rezzy 02:47 PM 10-09-2012
Back off, you pervs. In spite of not being a great actress (and Elektra "bombing"), I still love Jen. Square jaw and all!

zoey67's Avatar zoey67 03:47 PM 10-09-2012
I would say that commentaries are geared towards hard core movie buffs, film students, or people that work in the film industry that get a kick out of the technical aspects of how the film was made. For most of us, incl myself I tried it several times but it's just too distracting when someone is talking in the background, it's almost like turning the volume off..you're totally removed from the movie.
gwsat's Avatar gwsat 04:19 PM 10-09-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzy View Post

Back off, you pervs. In spite of not being a great actress (and Elektra "bombing"), I still love Jen. Square jaw and all!

+1! Jennifer Garner is adorable. Ben Affleck is lucky to have her.
oink's Avatar oink 05:58 PM 10-09-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Closet Geek View Post

Ok, between you saying it or me thinking it, either way there is some impropriety going on here! biggrin.gif
Yeah, but it's true.tongue.gif
Morpheo's Avatar Morpheo 04:52 AM 10-10-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambesolman View Post

I think he meant that she has a jaw shaped like a front loader or bulldozer smile.gif As long as she can open her mouth I'm happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Closet Geek View Post

Ok, between you saying it or me thinking it, either way there is some impropriety going on here! biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Yeah, but it's true.tongue.gif

Of course it's true, the contrary would be hard to swallow.


tongue.gif
Sanjeev Kumar's Avatar Sanjeev Kumar 07:53 AM 10-10-2012
I will give 4 star out of 5 for Avengers. Another ultimate Hollywood movie with top-notch performances,
Here you can read full critic review about Avengers:

http://www.movieplus.com/hollywood/the-avengers-reviews-1850/


Closet Geek's Avatar Closet Geek 08:35 AM 10-10-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

Of course it's true, the contrary would be hard to swallow.
tongue.gif

Wow. Just.....wow. biggrin.gif
bcruiser's Avatar bcruiser 06:52 PM 10-14-2012
Hmm... something in common?

Loki--Thor-and-The-Avengers_gallery_primary.jpg

paulreubensmugshot07261991.jpg
Closet Geek's Avatar Closet Geek 09:19 AM 10-15-2012
Gives a whole new meaning to his line "I come to bring you glad tidings". eek.gif
Two Cents's Avatar Two Cents 02:14 AM 09-14-2013
So I bought the box set & finally sat down to watch the last of it today. The Avengers & every movie in the set has been in 16.9 go to watch the main attraction & it's full screen. Wtf???
Josh Z's Avatar Josh Z 12:58 PM 09-16-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Cents View Post

So I bought the box set & finally sat down to watch the last of it today. The Avengers & every movie in the set has been in 16.9 go to watch the main attraction & it's full screen. Wtf???

Are you talking about DVD or Blu-ray?

The Original Aspect Ratio for The Avengers is 1.85:1. The other Marvel movies (Iron Man 1 & 2, Thor, Captain America, Incredible Hulk) are all 2.35:1.
Two Cents's Avatar Two Cents 03:52 PM 09-16-2013
Blu ray.

I had seen it before but before I had an anamorphic lens & never really took much notice. Just strange all the previous were in 2.35.1 & get to the avengers & it's full screen.
Josh Z's Avatar Josh Z 01:30 PM 09-17-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Cents View Post

Blu ray.

I had seen it before but before I had an anamorphic lens & never really took much notice. Just strange all the previous were in 2.35.1 & get to the avengers & it's full screen.

The movie's cinematographer says that Joss Whedon wanted 1.85:1 in order to emphasize that the Hulk is taller than the other characters when standing side-by-side in group shots. If he'd shot at 2.35:1, either Hulk's head would get cut off or he'd have to move the camera back and make all the other characters look too small.
Two Cents's Avatar Two Cents 03:24 PM 09-17-2013
Fair enough I guess. Thank you for the explanation. Was just disappointed to go through the whole box set in 2.35.1 widescreen epicness & get to the main event & have a TV screen.
Morpheo's Avatar Morpheo 09:54 AM 09-18-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Cents View Post

Fair enough I guess. Thank you for the explanation. Was just disappointed to go through the whole box set in 2.35.1 widescreen epicness & get to the main event & have a TV screen.

Even in 2013 I would venture that 1.85:1 is still considered "widescreen" wink.gif
Two Cents's Avatar Two Cents 03:24 PM 09-18-2013
Well with my set up it's a matter of a 154" screen versus a 210" screen. Maybe I'm just greedy.
StaffordM's Avatar StaffordM 06:42 AM 09-23-2013
One of the best movies of this genre for sure, I mean of course it's not an Oscar movie or anything like that but as an action movie it's a great one. Plus I like when you finish watching the movie and you are in a great mood. Although I enjoyed Tom Hiddleston as Loki and was pretty sad when he lost the battle:)
First ... 45  46  47

Up