The Avengers - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 1397 Old 02-07-2012, 09:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 50
For one thing, Bruce wasn't chucked out, he voluntarily threw himself out( sorry for the semantics). Second, we have no evidence to conclude that he died. It wasn't clear whether he actually had started the transformation before he landed on the ground, or after the impact. If it was before, that means the situation of falling a few thousand feet acted as a sufficient catalyst for his pulse to reach the necessary speed( 200?) for transforming. If it was after he landed, that would suggest that Bruce, even in human form, is impervious on some level or that something shocking to his body( i.e falling through the street from an incredible height or getting shot) can initiate the transformation.

Too many systems and games....not enough time or money!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 1397 Old 02-07-2012, 09:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 306
^^^ okay now I'm confused ...don't we see him at the very end of the movie doing meditation so he can control the transformation? he's very much alive as far as I can remember so there's no question?
post #183 of 1397 Old 02-07-2012, 10:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

^^^ okay now I'm confused ...don't we see him at the very end of the movie doing meditation so he can control the transformation? he's very much alive as far as I can remember so there's no question?

I believe our lines are getting crossed in this conversation lol.... who has suggested that Bruce died at any point in the film?

Edit: looking back a bit, I see where I quoted something that DaveFi said about 'hulking out before dying', I didn't intend to suggest that Bruce died at any point. As far as I can tell, DaveFI is the only person here who mentioned Bruce dying (when he jumped from the airplane I assume). Bruce, as far as I can tell, did NOT die. What is inconclusive is whether he started transformation BEFORE he landed, or AFTER.

post #184 of 1397 Old 02-07-2012, 10:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post

Edit: looking back a bit, I see where I quoted something that DaveFi said about 'hulking out before dying', I didn't intend to suggest that Bruce died at any point. As far as I can tell, DaveFI is the only person here who mentioned Bruce dying (when he jumped from the airplane I assume). Bruce, as far as I can tell, did NOT die.

wheew! I was beginning to think that maybe I ended up 'over there' in the middle of a Fringe episode where movies might be 'slightly different' ...I guess I misunderstood a bit or two somewhere in my reading. He's french you know!
post #185 of 1397 Old 02-07-2012, 01:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 26
Wait. I said he died? Where? I said just the opposite. Reading skills peoples!!!

My point was that Bruce is pretty much impossible to kill because he always "Hulks out" just before he dies.

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
post #186 of 1397 Old 02-07-2012, 01:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Wait. I said he died? Where? I said just the opposite. Reading skills peoples!!!

ok my bad my bad...
post #187 of 1397 Old 02-07-2012, 03:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

My point was that Bruce is pretty much impossible to kill because he always "Hulks out" just before he dies.

Ohhhh....ummm.....ok.....I think.

post #188 of 1397 Old 02-07-2012, 04:30 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Reserving my opinion on this movie. Concerned about the number of super hero's in one film. It didn't work too well (IMO) for Fantastic Four.
post #189 of 1397 Old 02-08-2012, 05:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post

Reserving my opinion on this movie. Concerned about the number of super hero's in one film. It didn't work too well (IMO) for Fantastic Four.

Right, because the problem with Fantastic Four was the cast and not the director of Barbershop and the writer of the Hulk and Punisher.

Your mom is a classy lady!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

/ 

post #190 of 1397 Old 02-08-2012, 05:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Concerned about the number of super hero's in one film. It didn't work too well (IMO) for Fantastic Four.

Then there's X2: Xmen United, which is one of the better superhero films imo.

post #191 of 1397 Old 02-08-2012, 06:42 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonyeuw View Post

Then there's X2: Xmen United, which is one of the better superhero films imo.

Wait...What does X2 United or FF movies have to do with this one?

My main concern here is the 3D and how "tacked-on" it will look. You know it's a bad sign when the director says (something to the effect) the 3D will be "inoffensive".

post #192 of 1397 Old 02-08-2012, 08:02 AM
CIH USER

Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:

My main concern here is the 3D and how "tacked-on" it will look. You know it's a bad sign when the director says (something to the effect) the 3D will be "inoffensive".

I didn't know the avengers will be in 3D

Frank

post #193 of 1397 Old 02-08-2012, 08:41 AM

Liked: 44
Quote:

More than one super hero in the movie.

Quote:

So go see it in 2D.
post #194 of 1397 Old 02-08-2012, 09:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Lee Stewart expressed concern about a film with multiple superheroes, and cited Fantastic Four. That prompted me to mention Xmen 2, as an example of a (IMO) well-made movie featuring multiple superheroes. The 'multiple hero' dynamic is a shared trait between the Avengers and the Xmen/Fantastic 4 series.

One thing I will say about the Avengers film, each of the heroes( Hulk, Thor, Captain America, Iron Man) have their own solid standalone films to establish the characters and the universe they all reside in. It remains to be seen whether or not this will translate to a competent Avengers film, but I'm interested to see how they pull it off.

post #195 of 1397 Old 02-08-2012, 10:11 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 816
Quote:

One thing I will say about the Avengers film, each of the heroes( Hulk, Thor, Captain America, Iron Man) have their own solid standalone films to establish the characters and the universe they all reside in. It remains to be seen whether or not this will translate to a competent Avengers film, but I'm interested to see how they pull it off.

+1

No doubt there will be unequal screen-time and that will generate bitching from some fanboys.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
post #196 of 1397 Old 02-08-2012, 10:35 AM
CIH USER

Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

+1

No doubt there will be unequal screen-time and that will generate bitching from some fanboys.

+1 that is true.

Frank

post #197 of 1397 Old 02-08-2012, 11:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

+1

2008's Ironman film brought that character into the public eye for a new generation( he was always a second tier hero) and, well, it's tough to put a character like Hulk in the background. If I had to guess, Cap America and Thor will be in the background, if only a bit( along with Black widow and whoever else). Also consider that the biggest 'stars' in the film are Robert Downey and Sam Jackson, so I figure both Iron-man and Nick Fury will be at the forefront.

post #198 of 1397 Old 02-08-2012, 11:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

So go see it in 2D.

Problem with that (as I expressed earlier) is that it will be hard to find in 2D. My local multiplex mainly shows 3D movies now and rarely does any 2D showings at all anymore if given the choice (why would they when they can charge $4+ more for a 3D movie?).

post #199 of 1397 Old 02-08-2012, 11:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 131
The bigger question being, since its whedon, is: Will one of them die?

"There is no truth. There's just what you believe."
post #200 of 1397 Old 02-08-2012, 11:42 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 816
Quote:

If I had to guess, Cap America and Thor will be in the background, if only a bit( along with Black widow and whoever else). Also consider that the biggest 'stars' in the film are Robert Downey and Sam Jackson, so I figure both Iron-man and Nick Fury will be at the forefront.

My guess too.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
post #201 of 1397 Old 02-08-2012, 12:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Also consider that the biggest 'stars' in the film are Robert Downey and Sam Jackson, so I figure both Iron-man and Nick Fury will be at the forefront.

I still can't get over the fact that Natalie Portman is not in this! We have Gwyneth, Scarlet, we should have had Natalie! I mean what is he gonna do in his spare time that Thor character?

...I don't know about screen time, I'm pretty sure RDJ is biggest selling name (even more than Samuel L. Jackson) for the movie but this is not Iron Man 3 either, which is also coming soon. Hopefully they will all have their 15 minutes of fame in the Avengers
post #202 of 1397 Old 02-08-2012, 12:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 233
After the Superbowl commercial, the wife said we are going to see that! I said "you bet!" but in my mind said go with LOW expectations. I love me some superhero splosions but so many superheros in one movie will take a "heroic" effort to pull it off.

Even the commercial smacked a bit of them being caricatures of themselves - standing around posing and looking tough. This movie is going to need a lot of meat on the bones to validate all these characters. There is also Johansen and the Archer guy to work in as well...

post #203 of 1397 Old 02-08-2012, 04:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

...I don't know about screen time, I'm pretty sure RDJ is biggest selling name (even more than Samuel L. Jackson) for the movie but this is not Iron Man 3 either

No it isn't, but I'd be very surprised if Downey's role in the film is on equal footing with, say, Chris Evans( Downey being the bigger name). Also, the Iron-man character is very big right now, moreso than either Cap or Thor, which is why I say Iron-man may have a slightly bigger role ( with Hulk). Which is not to say the others will be completely relegated to the background, only that in films like this with multiple protagonists, it's extremely difficult to put everyone on equal footing. Someone(s) is going to have to take a slightly lesser role, my guess is Thor and Cap America.....

post #204 of 1397 Old 02-09-2012, 07:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 110
I agree that RDJ/Iron Man will have the most prominent role. The character is very intelligent and will probably take on a leadership role. But I think the screen time should be relatively even for the bigger characters, with Jeremy R's and Scarlet J's characters getting the fewest minutes.

David Budo
post #205 of 1397 Old 02-13-2012, 09:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbuudo07 View Post

I agree that RDJ/Iron Man will have the most prominent role. The character is very intelligent and will probably take on a leadership role. But I think the screen time should be relatively even for the bigger characters, with Jeremy R's and Scarlet J's characters getting the fewest minutes.

I've read somewhere about Whedon saying the film is from Captain America's perspective. RDJ said he told Whedon he should be the lead role, but then he realized this one just didn't work that way.
post #206 of 1397 Old 02-14-2012, 04:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTyson View Post

I've read somewhere about Whedon saying the film is from Captain America's perspective. RDJ said he told Whedon he should be the lead role, but then he realized this one just didn't work that way.

That's surprising and interesting. I really need to watch Captain America before this movie comes out. I think this movie looks very promising and I have a feeling it wiLl surprise a lot of people.

David Budo
post #207 of 1397 Old 02-14-2012, 07:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbuudo07 View Post

If you have ever read the comics or watched Avengers cartoons, Iron Man is the lead character in most if not all.
post #208 of 1397 Old 02-14-2012, 07:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:

Once again you think it's all about you.
Quote:

Reading skills peoples!!!

post #209 of 1397 Old 02-14-2012, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:

No it isn't, but I'd be very surprised if Downey's role in the film is on equal footing with, say, Chris Evans( Downey being the bigger name). Also, the Iron-man character is very big right now, moreso than either Cap or Thor, which is why I say Iron-man may have a slightly bigger role ( with Hulk). Which is not to say the others will be completely relegated to the background, only that in films like this with multiple protagonists, it's extremely difficult to put everyone on equal footing. Someone(s) is going to have to take a slightly lesser role, my guess is Thor and Cap America.....

Well, that'd be a shame. Thor may be a second-tier CHARACTER, but Helmsworth(?) definitely has the on-screen presence and charisma to command more attention and screen-time.

Personally I think he and RDJ have been the two most entertaining leads in the Marvel films yet. Shame Thor as a film was a bit of a clunker.
post #210 of 1397 Old 02-14-2012, 08:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach View Post

If you have ever read the comics or watched Avengers cartoons, Iron Man is the lead character in most if not all.

Probably cause they all stay in his mansion (lol). I always thought Cap was the leader. In the comics out of respect to his legend, didn't they all want Cap to lead the team when it was first formed? I have the bootleg Thor, Iron Man, Captain American, Prince Namor 1960's tv shows with the cool themes so I'm going to look at how the Avengers were formed again. This is the tv show that has the distinction of following the exact story line and having the exact same art work as the comic books.

Speaking of that tv show. It's disappointing that they haven't gotten around to releasing it on DVD yet.
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page