post #211 of 1397 Old 02-14-2012, 08:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach View Post

If you have ever read the comics or watched Avengers cartoons, Iron Man is the lead character in most if not all.

Then I guess you've never read the comics.

Cap is the main character and almost always has been (except at the very beginning, I know I know.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 1397 Old 02-14-2012, 09:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 24
^^ You beat me to it. Cap is the team leader, the "Captain" pardon the pun, in the comics, so it is natural to see the movie show that as well.
post #213 of 1397 Old 02-14-2012, 10:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug View Post

Probably cause they all stay in his mansion (lol). I always thought Cap was the leader. In the comics out of respect to his legend, didn't they all want Cap to lead the team when it was first formed? I have the bootleg Thor, Iron Man, Captain American, Prince Namor 1960's tv shows with the cool themes so I'm going to look at how the Avengers were formed again. This is the tv show that has the distinction of following the exact story line and having the exact same art work as the comic books.

Speaking of that tv show. It's disappointing that they haven't gotten around to releasing it on DVD yet.

Hey, I thought I was first with the truth (lol).
post #214 of 1397 Old 02-14-2012, 12:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Cap may be the team leader in much the same way that Cyclops is the leader of the Xmen, but another, larger than life personality will likely outshine him. The Tony Starks character, as portrayed by RDJ, is too awesome to think he won't be one of, if not THE, focal point of the story. I mean, Iron-man's stature in the public conscience has raised alot due to the 2008 film( I thought Iron 2 was pretty meh though), and IMO is the best of all the Avenger 'lead-in' flicks.

Too many systems and games....not enough time or money!

post #215 of 1397 Old 02-14-2012, 12:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
There were a ton of press releases from Whedon a couple of months ago stating that the story will be CA centric as the POV character. He felt the story hung together better since Cap was a fish out of water in our time. That said, I'm sure there will be plenty of action and screen time shared with the others.

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

post #216 of 1397 Old 02-15-2012, 07:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Temple View Post

There were a ton of press releases from Whedon a couple of months ago stating that the story will be CA centric as the POV character. He felt the story hung together better since Cap was a fish out of water in our time. That said, I'm sure there will be plenty of action and screen time shared with the others.

This is great to hear as Cap is my favorite cartoon character but Iron Man is still the ring leader in most of the comics.
post #217 of 1397 Old 02-15-2012, 07:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Probably cause they all stay in his mansion (lol). I always thought Cap was the leader. In the comics out of respect to his legend, didn't they all want Cap to lead the team when it was first formed? I have the bootleg Thor, Iron Man, Captain American, Prince Namor 1960's tv shows with the cool themes so I'm going to look at how the Avengers were formed again. This is the tv show that has the distinction of following the exact story line and having the exact same art work as the comic books.

Speaking of that tv show. It's disappointing that they haven't gotten around to releasing it on DVD yet.

It's possible you could have me on this one. I always thought that Iron Man was the first recruited, they live in his mansion...seems to be the man with the plan.
post #218 of 1397 Old 02-15-2012, 08:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTyson View Post

I've read somewhere about Whedon saying the film is from Captain America's perspective. RDJ said he told Whedon he should be the lead role, but then he realized this one just didn't work that way.

Man, its good to see you're still here, M. My mentor...

"There is no truth. There's just what you believe."
post #219 of 1397 Old 02-15-2012, 09:21 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 26
RDJ will have the lead role because he's the best actor (and the biggest ego) of the bunch.

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
post #220 of 1397 Old 02-16-2012, 07:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Is the decision based on the best actor or the best character for the job? I hope the humbler Captain America has that honor in the movie version of the Avengers. Steve Rogers has combat, tactical and leadership skills. Info here may help in solving the mystery.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=44957
post #221 of 1397 Old 02-16-2012, 09:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:

Steve Rogers has combat, tactical and leadership skills.

Well... sorta. In the movie's universe, Cpt 'merica, has very minimal experience with that.
post #222 of 1397 Old 02-16-2012, 10:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by javanpohl View Post

Well... sorta. In the movie's universe, Cpt 'merica, has very minimal experience with that.

Why do you say that? In The First Avenger, from the time he rescued Bucky until he was put in the deep freezer, he led numerous missions with the Howling Commandos to attack various bases. That time frame seems to have covered many months. While it's very true going in that Steve Rogers didn't possess these skills, I believe it was implied toward the end of the movie that in fact, he developed them leading the HC's.
post #223 of 1397 Old 02-16-2012, 11:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1812 View Post

Why do you say that? In The First Avenger, from the time he rescued Bucky until he was put in the deep freezer, he led numerous missions with the Howling Commandos to attack various bases. That time frame seems to have covered many months. While it's very true going in that Steve Rogers didn't possess these skills, I believe it was implied toward the end of the movie that in fact, he developed them leading the HC's.

Yep, the other Avengers were in awe of Cap cause of his WWII experiences. He was a hero twice over, a born leader and the best person to lead. Now whether or not the director goes with Cap, is unknown to me.
post #224 of 1397 Old 02-16-2012, 11:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

He didn't have the physical skills but did have gumption, smarts and the ability to think on his feet early on by looking at the scene at the flag pole. He also had bravery and a sacrificial heart. Would Starks drop on a grenade to save others? Just saying.
post #225 of 1397 Old 02-16-2012, 11:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 101
I like the capt but he has ww2 experience. Not modern times so we shall see how that goes

No subwoofer I've heard has been able to produce the bass I've experienced in the Corps!

Must..stop...buying...every bluray release...
post #226 of 1397 Old 02-16-2012, 12:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokekevin View Post

I like the capt but he has ww2 experience. Not modern times so we shall see how that goes

Well, I think that will probably be one of the plot lines of the movie - Cap will be a "fish out of water" (unless the time setting is long after he's awakened from suspended animation). No way to tell until May 4th.
post #227 of 1397 Old 02-16-2012, 12:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

He didn't have the physical skills but did have gumption, smarts and the ability to think on his feet early on by looking at the scene at the flag pole. He also had bravery and a sacrificial heart. Would Starks drop on a grenade to save others? Just saying.

True, I had completely forgotten about those scenes - those were the ones that convinced the good Dr. that he was the ideal choice for the Super Soldier Serum. He had the qualities of a great leader all the time!
post #228 of 1397 Old 02-17-2012, 06:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:

This is great to hear as Cap is my favorite cartoon character but Iron Man is still the ring leader in most of the comics.

Original post disproved, posted wrong information again, time to quit internets!

Not only is Steve in charge of ALL of the Avengers teams in the comics, even the ones he is not on, he has also been appointed Nick Fury's old position and is the "top cop" of superhero security in America. You are not only a little wrong, you are entirely 100% wrong.

He's been in charge of the Avengers for years and years.
post #229 of 1397 Old 02-17-2012, 06:59 AM
CIH USER

Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThru22 View Post

Original post disproved, posted wrong information again, time to quit internets!

Bit harsh.

Frank

post #230 of 1397 Old 02-17-2012, 07:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThru22 View Post

Not only is Steve in charge of ALL of the Avengers teams in the comics, even the ones he is not on, he has also been appointed Nick Fury's old position and is the "top cop" of superhero security in America. You are not only a little wrong, you are entirely 100% wrong.

He's been in charge of the Avengers for years and years.

That first line was incomprehensible. "time to quit internets!"??? Dude, stick to your points. Personal attacks are obviously NOT your strong point. Second paragraph's point taken.
post #231 of 1397 Old 02-17-2012, 07:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Bit harsh.

Bit idiotic is more like it.

In several Avengers (for example Earth's Mightiest Heroes) Iron Man is sort of "in charge" by default, IMO.
post #232 of 1397 Old 02-17-2012, 07:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by franin View Post

bit harsh.

+1.

Growing Older But Not Up
post #233 of 1397 Old 02-17-2012, 07:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Bit idiotic is more like it.

In several Avengers (for example Earth's Mightiest Heroes) Iron Man is sort of "in charge" by default, IMO.

Is EMH a later on story? In the begining it was Cap, Cap, Cap.
post #234 of 1397 Old 02-17-2012, 04:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Is EMH a later on story? In the begining it was Cap, Cap, Cap.

Yes, JBUG, it is a later story. I will take your word on the early cap, cap, cap...which great! Cap is my favorite superhero!!
post #235 of 1397 Old 02-19-2012, 01:32 AM

Liked: 17
I just think the chick with the gun is seriously out of her depth, as is the guy with the bow and arrows. We have 4 superheroes who can actually make a difference and the last two are just average humans who can be killed just like any other human.
post #236 of 1397 Old 02-19-2012, 03:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 View Post

Man, its good to see you're still here, M. My mentor...

Haha! Yeah, long time no talk!

It is totally surreal that my favorite writer/director that I became a HUGE fan of and idolized (since being all but forced to watch Buffy. lol) got to write and direct one of the biggest Marvel super hero films ever, if not the biggest.

I can't wait to see this one. It looks amazing, but I have a feeling it'll be much better than the trailers can show.
post #237 of 1397 Old 02-19-2012, 09:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Well, he's either going to be on top of the world, or crushed beneath it...I'm actually more excited about Cabin in the Woods, the buzz is so positive...

"There is no truth. There's just what you believe."
post #238 of 1397 Old 02-21-2012, 02:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:

Really? Guess I need to watch the movie again--I've only seen it 1 1/2 times. I thought he had like one mission. ... memorable film, that.
post #239 of 1397 Old 02-21-2012, 02:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by javanpohl View Post

Really? Guess I need to watch the movie again--I've only seen it 1 1/2 times. I thought he had like one mission. ... memorable film, that.

Not sure if that was sarcasm or not, but if not - after the Bucky rescue mission, there were numerous missions (based off the intel he picked up during the rescue) to wipe out the Skull's weapons manufacturing facilities - these occurred over time.
post #240 of 1397 Old 02-21-2012, 02:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
Quote:

Not sure if that was sarcasm or not, but if not - after the Bucky rescue mission, there were numerous missions (based off the intel he picked up during the rescue) to wipe out the Skull's weapons manufacturing facilities - these occurred over time.

There was about a 3 minute montage of mission cutups suggesting that Cap and Commandos were on the job over time.

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page