post #361 of 367 Old 07-31-2012, 08:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby94928 View Post

Considering Larsson died just 2 months after Rathergate, I seriously doubt if there is any correlation at all. Larsson was very political and his writing is full of his take on events in Sweden during his lifetime.

I knew he died in '04 after submitting the manuscripts for the whole trilogy to his publisher, but I wasn't sure when the first book was published. If there was any correlation between the two events, it may have well gone the other way and Larsson thought of it first. Perhaps he was the inspiration for the other guy. Absent a death-bed confession from that guy, about as likely as hell freezing over, we'll never know. Fun to speculate, though, because of the similarities with regard to both plot and timing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 367 Old 07-31-2012, 10:15 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

If you have a chance I would suggest that you give the Swedish version a try (extended while you're at it). The ending, I think, is a bit more "rewarding" regarding Lisbeth's actions. I've said numerous times that I prefer the Swedish films but I'll second what gwsat said 2 posts above. These movies are in fact all about the Lisbeth character. I think she's more complex in her Swedish iteration, at times Rooney Mara just looked like an angry teenager so to speak, while Noomi Rapace was a wounded, albeit very "strong", fascinating, woman from beginning to end. Noomi's lisbeth is a person I would like to know, Rooney's is a cool movie character nothing more. YMMV wink.gif

I just checked Netflix and they have the Swedish version in BD, and the Extended Version for streaming (no BD). I pay dearly for that streaming option (after their big price increase) and never use it since BD's look so darn sensational on my display. Normally I hate subtitled films because I feel like I'm being taken out of the movie since I have to spend so much time reading the dialog instead of watching the action unfold "naturally" up on the screen. Honestly, in ya'll's opinion, is it worth it?

I also get Noomi and Rooney mixed up. Kept telling my wife how much different she looked in "Prometheus". tongue.gif
post #363 of 367 Old 07-31-2012, 11:26 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

I just checked Netflix and they have the Swedish version in BD, and the Extended Version for streaming (no BD). I pay dearly for that streaming option (after their big price increase) and never use it since BD's look so darn sensational on my display. Normally I hate subtitled films because I feel like I'm being taken out of the movie since I have to spend so much time reading the dialog instead of watching the action unfold "naturally" up on the screen. Honestly, in ya'll's opinion, is it worth it?
Arch -- By all means try the extended trilogy via streaming. They are great drama. I found that after a while I was able to follow a lot of the dialog without paying much attention to the subtitles. I own the extended edition BDs and have watched them multiple times. Highly, highly recommended.
post #364 of 367 Old 07-31-2012, 11:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

I also get Noomi and Rooney mixed up. Kept telling my wife how much different she looked in "Prometheus". tongue.gif

Like gwsat said, the subtitles in the swedish version are relatively easy to follow and since you've already seen Fincher's version, you'll know most of what's going on without needing to read the subtitles at all.
post #365 of 367 Old 08-01-2012, 10:37 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 182
I'm watching finchers version tomorrow night. Hopefully its good as the Swedish version.

Frank

post #366 of 367 Old 08-02-2012, 10:34 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 182
I've just finished watching the girl with the dragon tattoo and i loved it. I have to admit i found it better than the original i enjoyed it very much. Daniel Craig did a great job as usual and the girl who played lizabeth was just as good.

For me i would buy this over the original.

Frank

post #367 of 367 Old 08-02-2012, 11:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

I've just finished watching the girl with the dragon tattoo and i loved it. I have to admit i found it better than the original i enjoyed it very much. Daniel Craig did a great job as usual and the girl who played lizabeth was just as good.
For me i would buy this over the original.

Glad you liked it. I thought the original actor had eerily similar expressions to Craig. Or is it Craig was eerily similar to him?biggrin.gif

My Dedicated Home Theater Room
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

Tags
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo Three Disc Combo Blu Ray Dvd Ultraviolet Digital Copy , Blu Ray Movies

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page