post #31 of 76 Old 04-10-2010, 03:06 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOA View Post

Found them in the bed, in the tub, on the walls, on the couch, and had them drop on me from the ceiling.

This bug give me the willies!
I would totally freak out finding a 6 inches+ centipede in my bed or dropping on me from the ceiling.

I found a 2.5 inches centipede on my kitchen floor 3-4 months ago and I freaked out checked my beds. I think I found where it came from and used silicone to seal the hole and make sure no insects use the same route

God I hate big insects!
I'm glad we have a winter afterall, bugs are dying every fall and don't get huge.

Cheers,
Gui.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 76 Old 05-03-2010, 05:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 118
those huge centipedes are freaky!

This came out on 4/30. It's supposed to be available on Comcast on demand and @ limited theaters. Not on DirecTV or a theater around me.

Anybody going to check it out?

The above post is 100% medically accurate

31 Days of Horror:

post #33 of 76 Old 05-03-2010, 05:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzack View Post

those huge centipedes are freaky!

This came out on 4/30. It's supposed to be available on Comcast on demand and @ limited theaters. Not on DirecTV or a theater around me.

Anybody going to check it out?

I will watch to see if its in a theater here, i enjoy getting out of the house and going to the theater, but if not, i will try to find it on Comcast On Demand.

This thing really looks wild.

never take life seriously
post #34 of 76 Old 05-03-2010, 07:56 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post

I will watch to see if its in a theater here, i enjoy getting out of the house and going to the theater, but if not, i will try to find it on Comcast On Demand.

Hasn't shown up OnDemand.
post #35 of 76 Old 05-03-2010, 09:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Check out this review: Horror Chick: Do Not See 'The Human Centipede' Unless You Are a Sick, Sick Puppy, And Even Then Reconsider.

I don't think she liked it.

"Marines have no qualms about killing Martians"

2011 List

2009 List

2008 List
post #36 of 76 Old 05-03-2010, 10:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboss View Post

Check out this review: Horror Chick: Do Not See 'The Human Centipede' Unless You Are a Sick, Sick Puppy, And Even Then Reconsider.

I don't think she liked it.

You think?

Well, since even my wife calls me totally sick when i talk to her about the movies i like, this one should be right up my alley.

post #37 of 76 Old 05-03-2010, 11:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I read the review from Horror Chick which Airboss linked. Not having seen this, I still give "Horror Chick" credit for being almost certainly correct. This premise is sick.

A.L.a.E.o.t.U.S., as proven 3/21 - never forget.
Defend liberty.
Knowledge isn't Truth; it's just mindless agreement.
post #38 of 76 Old 05-03-2010, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAM4UK View Post

I read the review from Horror Chick which Airboss linked. Not having seen this, I still give "Horror Chick" credit for being almost certainly correct. This premise is sick.

Probably not as sick as the sequel, from Dread Central:

"The way Tom Six described it to me," says Williams, "was that in the first film he kind of held back, and in the second one he's gonna go full force. When you see the original film, the wheels will start turning and you'll be wondering how he could actually make a sequel to this? I actually don't know what exactly he's going to do, but he said at FrightFest in London that he wants to have twelve parts."

Twelve parts?!? Can our psyches handle twelve parts?!? Look for The Human Centipede II - The Full Sequence sometime in 2010.

Can't wait to see both of these.

2011 List

2009 List

2008 List
post #39 of 76 Old 05-03-2010, 12:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Twelve parts! Now you are talking!!!!!!

post #40 of 76 Old 05-03-2010, 03:15 PM
KOA
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
Be thankful he's not doing all 22 segments, but maybe he's using a different type of centipede from the one in the picture as his technical advisor.

I noticed the movie is currently available on PPV. I have Time Warner and it's listed on "IFC in Theaters" menu, but nowhere else including "All Movies A-Z".
post #41 of 76 Old 05-03-2010, 03:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 87
so the Japanese guy is the head and the 2 American girls are the middle and back?...I would have liked to see the 2 girls in front and back
post #42 of 76 Old 05-03-2010, 04:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Pardon me for taking the premise literally, but would not such a procedure lead to fairly quick death by sepsis for all but the "head" section?

Defend liberty.
post #43 of 76 Old 05-04-2010, 08:37 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Aw man that review isn't too promising. I won't expect too much and hopefully be surprised.

Can any medical professionals please chime in? I'd love to know how this would work. :P

31 Days of Horror:

post #44 of 76 Old 05-04-2010, 08:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboss View Post

Twelve parts?!? Can our psyches handle twelve parts?!? Look for The Human Centipede II - The Full Sequence sometime in 2010.[/i]

Can't wait to see both of these.

The Human Centipede aka the new "Saw"

lol

31 Days of Horror:

post #45 of 76 Old 05-04-2010, 09:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Aw man that review isn't too promising. I won't expect too much and hopefully be surprised.

Can any medical professionals please chime in? I'd love to know how this would work. :P

From Wikipedia:

Production

Writing
Tom Six has stated that the inspiration for the film came from a joke he always made to friends about punishing people who were nasty or annoying, or a child molester by stitching their mouths to the ass of a fat truck driver. From here came what he saw as the concept for a great horror movie, and he began to develop the idea. The inclusion of a German villain was a conscious decision, based upon the German invasion of the Netherlands during World War II, and the subsequent Nazi medical experiments. World War II also played an influence on the nationality of the other main characters (American and Japanese).

Casting
Casting for the film initially took place in New York City, with filming undertaken in the Netherlands. Six said that during the casting process, a lot of actresses walked out of readings with disgust upon hearing the full nature of the role. Having acted and written for a number of films and TV shows previously, Akihiro Kitamura was a relatively experienced cast member, as was Dieter Laser who had previously starred in the TV series Lexx, when compared with Ashlynn Yennie and Ashley C. Williams, for both of whom the feature was a first major film role.

Directing
When seeking funding for the film, Tom Six did not initially let on that the victims of The Human Centipede would be joined by mouth to anus, fearing that it would put off potential investors, and his backers did not find out the exact details of the film until it had been completed. Additionally, the actors themselves were not presented with a completed script prior to signing onto the film, instead only being given an outline of the film's storyboard.

Effects
Throughout the production process Tom Six stated that his intention to create a film that was 100% medically accurate, consulting a surgeon during the creation and filming process. Six claimed that while initially reluctant to take part in the film because of professional reputation, after reading the script, the surgeon consulted took a very strong interest in the procedure, devising a method that he believed would work in real life. Six claims that by using an IV drip to supplement the diet of the middle and back parts, the centipede would be able to survive for years.

Sequel(s)
On 19 October, 2009 it was announced a sequel, titled The Human Centipede II (Full Sequence) has been planned for theaters in 2011. Full Sequence will supposedly include a centipede composed of twelve individuals. Six has said how it had always been his intention to make two Centipede films, with the first film existing to get his audience used to the sick idea in order that the second could be much more nasty, with way more medical experiments in a way that would have been impossible in the original, and would have destroyed any chance of the film being made. Tom Six announced in April 2010 the film is part of The Human Centipede trilogy.

From IFC dates and venue

* IFC Center

4/30/2010

4/30/2010 New York, NY

California

5/7/2010 San Diego, CA Ken Cinema Landmark

5/7/2010 San Francisco, CA Bridge Landmark

Colorado

5/7/2010 Denver, CO Esquire Landmark

D.C.

5/7/2010 Washington, DC E Street Landmark

Illinois

5/7/2010 Chicago, IL Music Box

Los Angeles

5/7/2010 Los Angeles, CA Nuart Landmark

Massachusetts

5/7/2010 Brookline, MA Coolidge Corner

Minnesota

5/7/2010 Minneapolis, MN Landmark Uptown

Missouri

5/7/2010 St. Louis, MO Tivoli Landmark

Ohio

5/7/2010 Cleveland, OH Capitol

5/7/2010 Cleveland, OH Cedar Lee

Oregon

5/7/2010 Portland, OR Cinema 21

Texas

5/7/2010 Austin, TX Alamo Drafthouse S. Lamar

2011 List

2009 List

2008 List
post #46 of 76 Old 05-04-2010, 09:42 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Thanks Airboss. I think.

So I guess there's no way to do it via diet.

31 Days of Horror:

post #47 of 76 Old 05-04-2010, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member

A trilogy. I love it.

post #48 of 76 Old 05-04-2010, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member

The info Airboss provided included these facts:
"When seeking funding for the film, Tom Six did not initially let on that the victims of The Human Centipede would be joined by mouth to anus, fearing that it would put off potential investors, and his backers did not find out the exact details of the film until it had been completed. Additionally, the actors themselves were not presented with a completed script prior to signing onto the film, instead only being given an outline of the film's storyboard."

That sounds like major fraud, and if investors or actors wanted out of their contracts, they would surely have had grounds...

Defend liberty.
post #49 of 76 Old 05-04-2010, 10:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAM4UK View Post

The info Airboss provided included these facts:
"When seeking funding for the film, Tom Six did not initially let on that the victims of The Human Centipede would be joined by mouth to anus, fearing that it would put off potential investors, and his backers did not find out the exact details of the film until it had been completed. Additionally, the actors themselves were not presented with a completed script prior to signing onto the film, instead only being given an outline of the film's storyboard."

That sounds like major fraud, and if investors or actors wanted out of their contracts, they would surely have had grounds...

Also included was the following:

Casting
Casting for the film initially took place in New York City, with filming undertaken in the Netherlands. Six said that during the casting process, a lot of actresses walked out of readings with disgust upon hearing the full nature of the role. Having acted and written for a number of films and TV shows previously, Akihiro Kitamura was a relatively experienced cast member, as was Dieter Laser who had previously starred in the TV series Lexx, when compared with Ashlynn Yennie and Ashley C. Williams, for both of whom the feature was a first major film role.

So they must have known something before signing on.

2011 List

2009 List

2008 List
post #50 of 76 Old 05-04-2010, 10:24 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I can see it now. American remake starring Ving Rhames, Mena Suvari and Lindsey Lohan.

31 Days of Horror:

post #51 of 76 Old 05-04-2010, 08:35 PM

oh dear!
post #52 of 76 Old 05-04-2010, 08:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Saw this tonight..... very disappointing, what a let down! The hype is a lot more exciting than the actual movie.

Not sure how there is going to be a sequel since
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
everyone dies (including the doctor) except for the girl in the middle (the middle piece)

This is available on IFC OnDemand until 6/20/2010.

2011 List

2009 List

2008 List
post #53 of 76 Old 05-06-2010, 08:20 AM
post #54 of 76 Old 05-06-2010, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Airboss, thanks for posting. A shame it was a disappointment. Good horror movies are like baby pigeons these days.

Looks I'll have to wait for the dvd release.

Ebert's review - has he ever reviewed a movie where the star system didn't apply before? Crazy!

31 Days of Horror:

post #55 of 76 Old 05-06-2010, 02:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

Airboss, thanks for posting. A shame it was a disappointment. Good horror movies are like baby pigeons these days.

Looks I'll have to wait for the dvd release.

Ebert's review - has he ever reviewed a movie where the star system didn't apply before? Crazy!

Obviously horror movies have their gore, and shock value, but at what point do you cross the line into pure filth?

Just visualize the main plot point of people being joined from anus to mouth. Does that not nauseate you immediately?
post #56 of 76 Old 05-06-2010, 03:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakesh.S View Post

Obviously horror movies have their gore, and shock value, but at what point do you cross the line into pure filth?

Just visualize the main plot point of people being joined from anus to mouth. Does that not nauseate you immediately?

There is very little (there are some major spoilers in the next part, you've been warned)
Spoiler  
blood/gore (almost none at all) in "The Human Centipede". The main plot line, while what you may visualize is indeed nauseating to say the least, in the movie is really a non-player. Everyone has a diaper on with a bandage which runs from the diaper around the back of their head to help hold their head in place. The only thing you see are some suture scars on their face. While it is anus to mouth you don't see it at all, ever. You see someones face against someone's butt who's wearing a diaper. It's not nearly as disturbing as it could have been. Really, it looks like their faces are placed against the diapers, not attached to the anus.

As a matter of fact, even though the two females have nothing on but the diapers there is very little nudity (you see their breasts often and when you do it is from a distance).

It did start out interesting and, as a matter of fact, there was one line which I really liked and started to change my tagline to. But, after seeing the whole movie I decided to leave my tagline as it is since "Pontypool" was a much better movie.

I still think it was the best line of the movie... The line was "YOU.. ARE.. THE... middle piece!" which was utter by the doctor (excellently portrayed by Dieter Laser) to Lindsay (Ashlynn Yennie) when she tired to escape and he had to chase her down. He told her the "middle piece" was twice as painful (or intense, something like that, the doctor is hard to understand at times).

Probably the most intense scene was the scene where he began to pull their teeth out, other than that not much to wince about.

2011 List

2009 List

2008 List
post #57 of 76 Old 05-06-2010, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakesh.S View Post

depends, was it tastefully done?

There isn't much that grosses me out anymore thanks to the internet (especially since that 2G1C video *GASP*). As long as people are whores for "shock value" movies like this will keep being made. I prefer my horror to shock me, scare me, make me care & think. Sounds like this movie only contains one of those values.

31 Days of Horror:

post #58 of 76 Old 05-07-2010, 03:30 PM

Quote:

(especially since that 2G1C video *GASP*)

I couldn't watch that. Absolutely no way. Getting tricked into the "tubgirl" pic was bad enough.
post #59 of 76 Old 05-14-2010, 03:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 65
This has hit the theaters!

"All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it."
post #60 of 76 Old 05-24-2010, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I finally got to see this over the weekend and pretty much agree with Airboss' thoughts on it.

The premise is much more disturbing and terrifying than the movie. Nothing new in the realm of horror, just this "centipede" idea. Everything else plays out like a zillion other horror flicks like it. Still glad I watched it though. I'll give it a C+ (+ for the cinematography).

I did love me some Dr. Deiter! He's currently in the running for my Halloween custume.

31 Days of Horror:

Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page