AVS Forum banner

Zack Snyder to direct next Superman movie: Man of Steel

40K views 1K replies 97 participants last post by  rezzy 
#1 ·
#853 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman2  /t/1281141/zack-snyder-to-direct-next-superman-movie-man-of-steel/840#post_23583848

Problem is they won't call him The Flash, but the "red blur"... because you know, clinging to the old and all...

You think they'll stick with the red costume? hmm. I'm thinking they'll go with a "new" and "different" darker color. Maybe another Batman-y kind of look...

#854 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman2  /t/1281141/zack-snyder-to-direct-next-superman-movie-man-of-steel/840#post_23583848

Problem is they won't call him The Flash, but the "red blur"... because you know, clinging to the old and all...
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitchfan  /t/1281141/zack-snyder-to-direct-next-superman-movie-man-of-steel/840#post_23583980

You think they'll stick with the red costume? hmm. I'm thinking they'll go with a "new" and "different" darker color. Maybe another Batman-y kind of look...

Considering the CW's history, it's easy to assume that, however at this point (very early in the process for sure) the producers are promising his name and look will come from the comics:

Johns reiterated that the Justice League member will be seen as The Flash -- complete with his trademark red costume and not a poor imitation. Added Kreisberg: "No sweat suits or strange code names; he will be The Flash."

Producers haven't yet figured out how they plan to depict the Flash's lightning speed but Johns insisted it won't just be the standard "blurring around."

"It's not what people expect," Kreisberg said. "We want to do something fresh, new and exciting and give people a real cinematic experience the same way we did with Arrow."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/flash-writers-preview-cws-newest-595705

We will see. I was a fan of "Smallville" and am enjoying "Arrow" so I'll give this a chance.

#855 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyF  /t/1281141/zack-snyder-to-direct-next-superman-movie-man-of-steel/840#post_23585079

"We want to do something fresh, new and exciting and give people a real cinematic experience the same way we did with Arrow."[/B]
This is anything BUT re-assuring.....

#857 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyF  /t/1281141/zack-snyder-to-direct-next-superman-movie-man-of-steel/840#post_23585079

Considering the CW's history, it's easy to assume that, however at this point (very early in the process for sure) the producers are promising his name and look will come from the comics:

Johns reiterated that the Justice League member will be seen as The Flash -- complete with his trademark red costume and not a poor imitation. Added Kreisberg: "No sweat suits or strange code names; he will be The Flash."

Producers haven't yet figured out how they plan to depict the Flash's lightning speed but Johns insisted it won't just be the standard "blurring around."

"It's not what people expect," Kreisberg said. "We want to do something fresh, new and exciting and give people a real cinematic experience the same way we did with Arrow."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/flash-writers-preview-cws-newest-595705

We will see. I was a fan of "Smallville" and am enjoying "Arrow" so I'll give this a chance.

Might be interesting if everything around him was pretty much frozen in time while he moved at a normal speed.

#859 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink  /t/1281141/zack-snyder-to-direct-next-superman-movie-man-of-steel/840#post_23586250

Inception?

Kind of. I was thinking more like the way Superman flew in front of the gun in Supermen Returns.

#863 ·
Saw this on Monday (also saw Pacific Rim) at a cheap theater. Really reinforced the fact that it is impossible to make an interesting Superman movie. The backstory was okay and the fight scenes were horrible and boring. How do you do fight scenes with two immortals? I thought the Avengers pulled that off. Here it was huge special effects and throwing someone into something and they come out completely unscathed. Then it ends with a snap of the neck which was really silly in light of everything else. If that was the only way to kill each other, why all the other stuff? It should have just been a wrestling match.

The one thing I liked was the tossing away of the Clark Kent character for the most part but then they hit us with it at the end. The glasses/disguise thing has always been stupid.

My verdict? C-

#864 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero  /t/1281141/zack-snyder-to-direct-next-superman-movie-man-of-steel/800_100#post_23700568

Saw this on Monday (also saw Pacific Rim) at a cheap theater. Really reinforced the fact that it is impossible to make an interesting Superman movie. The backstory was okay and the fight scenes were horrible and boring. How do you do fight scenes with two immortals? I thought the Avengers pulled that off. Here it was huge special effects and throwing someone into something and they come out completely unscathed. Then it ends with a snap of the neck which was really silly in light of everything else. If that was the only way to kill each other, why all the other stuff? It should have just been a wrestling match.

The one thing I liked was the tossing away of the Clark Kent character for the most part but then they hit us with it at the end. The glasses/disguise thing has always been stupid.

My verdict? C-

Although I gave the film slightly higher marks than you did, C+ to B-, I agree with your analysis. The first part of the film that gave us Superman's back story was very well done. In fact, If the final act had been in a class with what came before I would have been tempted to call Man of Steel the best Superman film ever made. Unfortunately, though, the fight scenes and gee whiz special effects were terribly uninvolving. So much so that by the end of the film I was mostly disappointed.

#865 ·
(Spoiler should've been used), but essentially one man-of-steel "breaks" another. They both are impervious to man-made materials, so why is that a stretch to believe?

In fact, I whispered "break his junk" during their embrace. I think MoS is quite good for a remake and I usually don't like redos. I liked it enough that I'll purchase.

#866 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzy  /t/1281141/zack-snyder-to-direct-next-superman-movie-man-of-steel/840_60#post_23701100

In fact, I whispered "break his junk" during their embrace. I think MoS is quite good for a remake and I usually don't like redos. I liked it enough that I'll purchase.
+1

My only real complaint is the final battle went on a bit too long.

#868 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Closet Geek  /t/1281141/zack-snyder-to-direct-next-superman-movie-man-of-steel/840#post_23703335

I still wanna know how he grows a beard and more importantly how he shaves it.

there's your answer.

#872 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy  /t/1281141/zack-snyder-to-direct-next-superman-movie-man-of-steel/840_60#post_23703502

That ain't no answer - that's an invitation to get a Gillette cookie implanted in your computer.
Cookies....I hate f_cking cookies....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.