AVS Forum banner

The Dark Knight Rises

84K views 2K replies 163 participants last post by  Brad Levine 
#1 ·
 Coming July 2012 to a theater near you.

Quote:
Big news from the Batman camp in today’s L.A. Times: Christopher Nolan has revealed the name of the third film in his Gotham City trilogy. In July 2012, we’ll be queuing for The Dark Knight Rises.

EDIT: Anyone who plans to reveal details of the film as it approaches, pleases use the
tags. Thanks!

#302 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by SbWillie /forum/post/21291659

I didn't realize you had been to the *Max....I'm guessing that they dug down quite a ways to pull of a 60 ft tall screen. I'm sure sure why it is costing that much but who cares!

Yeah, I'm excited, too. Assuming the screen will be 60 feet high, it appears that it will have to be at least 100 feet wide. That's impressive, even with the current limitations of digital technology. Call me Pollyanna but I can't help but believe digital IMAX will improve to the point that it will provide resolution equal to that of 70 mm/15 perf.

#303 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat /forum/post/21291985

Yeah, I'm excited, too. Assuming the screen will be 60 feet high, it appears that it will have to be at least 100 feet wide. That's impressive, even with the current limitations of digital technology. Call me Pollyanna but I can't help but believe digital IMAX will improve to the point that it will provide resolution equal to that of 70 mm/15 perf.

I'm fine with the Grande theaters' pic quality so it wont be that hard to please me ! I was originally disappointed with the Warren's bass performance (simply because I wanted to feel it in my chest) but it is very accurate so no complaints.

I had to settle for `blue spots' Harkins with DK but won't settle for less than W's IMAX next year.

#304 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart /forum/post/21291328

2012 London Olympics Super Hi-Vision broadcast coming to select US, Japan, UK locations

http://www.engadget.com/2011/11/13/2...-coming-to-se/

Crock. I have spoken with industry people who say that flat out, it's inferior.

Besides, it doesn't matter. Most of the IMAX screens are LIEmax. Screens no bigger than the larger 35mm screens. It's all about economics.

#305 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Stevens /forum/post/21292857

Crock. I have spoken with industry people who say that flat out, it's inferior.

Besides, it doesn't matter. Most of the IMAX screens are LIEmax. Screens no bigger than the larger 35mm screens. It's all about economics.

Next year you will have a chance to decide with your own eyes if the industry people you spoke are right.

#306 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Stevens /forum/post/21291085

Digital LIEmax cannot come close to capturing the detail in true IMAX film projection. The resolution is not there. 4k doesn't cut it. They would need something surpassing 6k, which isn't even on the drawing board.

Indeed when ILM was doing the visual effects for the IMAX-originated footage in 'Transformers 2', they found it necessary to scan the images at 12.5k in order to maintain film-based IMAX resolution.

#307 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart /forum/post/21293634

Next year you will have a chance to decide with your own eyes if the industry people you spoke are right.

No doubt. I'll see it opening night at the Lincoln Square IMAX, which hasn't been castrated as of yet. If the film is good, I will seek out one of the newer IMAX setups to compare.

#316 ·
#317 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z /forum/post/21336698

Everything I've read claims that nobody could make out a single line of Tom Hardy's dialogue.

That's quite a bit over the top there, Josh. It's half of what he said. Not all.

Thing is, was that intentional so that we still don't know certain spoilerific aspects of the plot?

#319 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z /forum/post/21336698

Everything I've read claims that nobody could make out a single line of Tom Hardy's dialogue.

Pretty much. And, he's not the only one barely intelligible in that scene. At this rate, any conversations between Bane and Batman will need to be subtitled. Hopefully, feedback from this preview will reach the filmmakers and they will consider a change in their mix. As for the scene itself: not nearly as well written and executed as the introduction to the Joker. Still, glad I saw it, as it will keep my expectations in check until I see the finished film.

#321 ·
8 years? No. 2008 to 2012 will be 4 years. BB was made in 2005.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.