The Dark Knight Rises - Page 19 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!



Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2012, 07:15 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Matt_Stevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: NYC
Posts: 13,929
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 48
I've not viewed the full Avengers trailer and won't view this DK trailer either. No need. Why spoil the fun? I'm going to both.... DUH!!!

Vimeo is the home of the Super8 Shooter...
http://vimeo.com/super8shooter
Matt_Stevens is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-01-2012, 07:29 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Morpheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montreal by day, Paris by night...
Posts: 7,819
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 908 Post(s)
Liked: 739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Stevens View Post

I've not viewed the full Avengers trailer and won't view this DK trailer either. No need. Why spoil the fun? I'm going to both.... DUH!!!

I don't think TDKR reveals too much. It just makes me want to see the movie RIGHT NOW. So I guess maybe that's a good trailer

__________
Nicolas.

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."- Victor Hugo.
Morpheo is offline  
Old 05-01-2012, 10:50 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Dbuudo07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3,145
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by goneten View Post

For me, Avengers was a case of style over substance. It was a popcorn flick with little depth. At the end of the day I was entertained, so mission accomplished on that front. However films like Dark Knight are so well executed, the cinematography, acting and depth of these characters is what pulls me in. It also feels a lot more dangerous. In Avengers I never cared about the characters because I knew they were never in danger.

But to each their own. Everyone has different tastes.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

David Budo
Dbuudo07 is offline  
Old 05-01-2012, 11:33 AM
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 36,583
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5299 Post(s)
Liked: 3031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

I don't think TDKR reveals too much. It just makes me want to see the movie RIGHT NOW. So I guess maybe that's a good trailer

Maybe I'm getting good at this game, but most trailers I see give too much away...
Because I see a ton of movies, the lack of creative writing in Hollywood allows me to put 2+2 together and get a good idea where a movie is going just from trailers.
I am toying with the idea of not watching trailers of movies I know I'm gonna see.

OTOH, with my middle age memory, I forget most trailers pretty quickly.
oink is offline  
Old 05-01-2012, 11:51 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Morpheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montreal by day, Paris by night...
Posts: 7,819
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 908 Post(s)
Liked: 739
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

OTOH, with my middle age memory, I forget most trailers pretty quickly.

hehe! otoh, we can assume from day one that The Dark Knight Rises will have Bruce struggling to get back to his former self (as Batman that is, given TDK's ending), with Rachel gone Anna Hathaway will probably get cozy, Bane will be a cool and scary badass, and Michael Caine will help Bruce come down to his senses, while Morgan Freeman will provide the coolest weapons and suit variations... The trailer doesn't say much actually, also let's not forget we have 2 new faces with Joseph Gordon levitt and Marion Cotillard, nothing is really said about them in the trailer(s). And speaking of 'variations', I can't wait to hear those from Hans Zimmer and the themes we already know.

__________
Nicolas.

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."- Victor Hugo.
Morpheo is offline  
Old 05-01-2012, 01:45 PM
Senior Member
 
Schloob1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 404
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurani View Post

Hooray, I can understand what Bane is saying.

agreed, I think someone may have gone back and re-did his lines
Schloob1 is offline  
Old 05-01-2012, 02:20 PM
 
lwright84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,855
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Bane's voice doesn't sound nearly as menacing now, I'm actually a bit disappointed. Should be somewhere inbetween what it sounds like in this trailer and what it sounded like in the first one, imo.

Also, anyone notice that Batman's gruffness is toned down a bit too? It was a bit exaggerated at times in TDK, so that's an improvement overall. I just hope they didn't soften it too much.
lwright84 is offline  
Old 05-01-2012, 02:27 PM
Bass Enabler
 
Scott Simonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Clovis, CA
Posts: 20,198
Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4728 Post(s)
Liked: 3654
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwright84 View Post

Bane's voice doesn't sound nearly as menacing now, I'm actually a bit disappointed. Should be somewhere inbetween what it sounds like in this trailer and what it sounded like in the first one, imo.

Agreed. I liked the way it sounded before.
Scott Simonian is online now  
Old 05-01-2012, 02:40 PM
Senior Member
 
Schloob1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 404
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post

Agreed. I liked the way it sounded before.

Liked how it "sounded", but not being able to understand it clearly 100% of the lines was annoying. Would definitely like an in-between point of now and the original.
Schloob1 is offline  
Old 05-01-2012, 05:57 PM
AVS Special Member
 
SbWillie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: War Eagle,Oklahoma
Posts: 3,775
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 16
If all you guys are complaining about is the sound of Batman's voice (in DK) or Bane's in DKR that is a good thing!
SbWillie is offline  
Old 05-01-2012, 10:16 PM
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 36,583
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5299 Post(s)
Liked: 3031
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwright84 View Post

Bane's voice doesn't sound nearly as menacing now, I'm actually a bit disappointed. Should be somewhere inbetween what it sounds like in this trailer and what it sounded like in the first one, imo.

Also, anyone notice that Batman's gruffness is toned down a bit too? It was a bit exaggerated at times in TDK, so that's an improvement overall. I just hope they didn't soften it too much.

I am going out on a limb here...I believe hope Nolan really wants to have the dialog understood by the audience.
However, I could be wrong.

And, yes, I do WANT to believe Nolan is NOT an idiot....

As it stands, there is no question the original trailer's dialog was difficult to make out (and there has been a lot of complaints about this).
oink is offline  
Old 05-02-2012, 02:08 AM
AVS Special Member
 
pokekevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 5,093
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Stevens View Post

I've not viewed the full Avengers trailer and won't view this DK trailer either. No need. Why spoil the fun? I'm going to both.... DUH!!!

Hmm..I should try that! Would make movies SO much more epic lol

No subwoofer I've heard has been able to produce the bass I've experienced in the Corps!

Must..stop...buying...every bluray release...
pokekevin is offline  
Old 05-02-2012, 08:57 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Matt_Stevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: NYC
Posts: 13,929
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schloob1 View Post

Liked how it "sounded", but not being able to understand it clearly 100% of the lines was annoying. Would definitely like an in-between point of now and the original.

The Bane dialogue in the new trailer is very clearly audio enhanced and clarified for our ears and I doubt if it will sound that way in the final film.

By the way, I did not watch this new trailer. I just listened. Yes, I am serious. It's bad enough the local news showed a few seconds and some key explosions were spoiled for me.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The bridge explosions, which are actual plot points.

Vimeo is the home of the Super8 Shooter...
http://vimeo.com/super8shooter
Matt_Stevens is offline  
Old 05-02-2012, 09:16 AM
Bass Enabler
 
Scott Simonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Clovis, CA
Posts: 20,198
Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4728 Post(s)
Liked: 3654
Yeah, I was pretty annoyed seeing all that. Uurgghh! But I only have myself to blame for watching the damn thing.
Scott Simonian is online now  
Old 05-02-2012, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Dbuudo07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3,145
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Stevens View Post

The Bane dialogue in the new trailer is very clearly audio enhanced and clarified for our ears and I doubt if it will sound that way in the final film.

By the way, I did not watch this new trailer. I just listened. Yes, I am serious. It's bad enough the local news showed a few seconds and some key explosions were spoiled for me.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The bridge explosions, which are actual plot points.

+1

I didn't get why there was a need to show that. If that's not an important part of the movie, I'm lost. Now when I"m watching the movie and they reach that point, I'll know exactly it's going to end.

David Budo
Dbuudo07 is offline  
Old 05-02-2012, 01:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
gwsat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 16,695
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1534 Post(s)
Liked: 1612
Quote:
Originally Posted by goneten View Post


For me, Avengers was a case of style over substance. It was a popcorn flick with little depth. At the end of the day I was entertained, so mission accomplished on that front. However films like Dark Knight are so well executed, the cinematography, acting and depth of these characters is what pulls me in. It also feels a lot more dangerous. In Avengers I never cared about the characters because I knew they were never in danger.

But to each their own. Everyone has different tastes.

I'm a big Joss Whedon fan so I will be surprised if I don't love The Avengers. I think that at his best Whedon tells moving stories in a highly entertaining and humorous way. In stark contrast, Christopher Nolan is a master of menace and suspense. I love both Whedon's and Nolan's work but will be surprised I don't end up liking The Avengers just as much as The Dark Knight. Anyway, I really am looking forward with high hopes to both films.

HT setup: Sony 75XBR X940D UHD HDR TV; Kaleidescape Movie Server 6 TB; Yamaha RX-A3060 AV receiver; Crestron Control System; Hsu VTF-3 MK3 Turbo subwoofer, 6 Hsu Bookshelf speakers 1 Hsu HC-1 Center speaker 4 Focal in-ceiling Atmos speakers; Oppo BDP-103 BD player; Mac Mini HTPC. TiVO Bolt 1TB DVR; TiVo Premiere Elite 2 TB DVR
gwsat is offline  
Old 05-08-2012, 06:32 AM
AVS Special Member
 
DavidML3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Posts: 1,105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

I don't think TDKR reveals too much. It just makes me want to see the movie RIGHT NOW. So I guess maybe that's a good trailer

It does the opposite for me. Why Bane? Why not a classic batman villian like Riddler? Penguin? Mr Freeze?

Im guessing Robin shows up in this too
DavidML3 is offline  
Old 05-08-2012, 08:00 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Matt_Stevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: NYC
Posts: 13,929
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Bane IS a classic Batman villain. For the last two decades he has been Batman's most lethal opponent. Riddler, Penguin and Freeze are old villains who are more of a joke at this point. Nolan knows that and so he and David S. Goyer (a huge comic nerd) discussed the most lethal villains available after Heath Ledger passed away (the Joker was always supposed to be in the third film as the main villain) and Bane was the only logical choice.

Vimeo is the home of the Super8 Shooter...
http://vimeo.com/super8shooter
Matt_Stevens is offline  
Old 05-09-2012, 12:36 AM
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Australie occidentale
Posts: 20,803
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2015 Post(s)
Liked: 1169
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

I'm a big Joss Whedon fan so I will be surprised if I don't love The Avengers. I think that at his best Whedon tells moving stories in a highly entertaining and humorous way. In stark contrast, Christopher Nolan is a master of menace and suspense. I love both Whedon's and Nolan's work but will be surprised I don't end up liking The Avengers just as much as The Dark Knight. Anyway, I really am looking forward with high hopes to both films.

I'm surprised you have not seen Avengers yet gwsat.

_________________________

Frank (直率的)(فرانك)(franc)(lantad)
Franin is offline  
Old 05-09-2012, 12:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
gwsat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 16,695
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1534 Post(s)
Liked: 1612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

I'm surprised you have not seen Avengers yet gwsat.

Your timing was exquisite! Just got back from seeing The Avengers an hour ago. I loved it and want to see it again because I'm sure that I missed the point of some of Whedon's many sly one-liners. The Avengers is so different from either of Nolan's Batman films I would hesitate to say which I liked best. It's like asking me to say whether I like a perfectly cooked filet better than an ice-cream sundae. I love both but would never, ever try to say that one is better than the other.

HT setup: Sony 75XBR X940D UHD HDR TV; Kaleidescape Movie Server 6 TB; Yamaha RX-A3060 AV receiver; Crestron Control System; Hsu VTF-3 MK3 Turbo subwoofer, 6 Hsu Bookshelf speakers 1 Hsu HC-1 Center speaker 4 Focal in-ceiling Atmos speakers; Oppo BDP-103 BD player; Mac Mini HTPC. TiVO Bolt 1TB DVR; TiVo Premiere Elite 2 TB DVR
gwsat is offline  
Old 05-09-2012, 05:59 PM
AVS Special Member
 
SbWillie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: War Eagle,Oklahoma
Posts: 3,775
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Stevens View Post

Bane IS a classic Batman villain. For the last two decades he has been Batman's most lethal opponent. Riddler, Penguin and Freeze are old villains who are more of a joke at this point. Nolan knows that and so he and David S. Goyer (a huge comic nerd) discussed the most lethal villains available after Heath Ledger passed away (the Joker was always supposed to be in the third film as the main villain) and Bane was the only logical choice.

They made the right decision.....the ONLY way they could've topped DK was too have an overview first 30 minute intro featuring lingering battles with the Joker,etc covering the aforementioned 8 years leading up to DKR's Bane timeline .

DK is a near perfect mix of a dramatic ganster/mob flick appetizer with a comic book main course! The Avengers IS not in the same class due to it solely being a comic book flick. I'm once again going to try and catch the Avengers tomorrow so I can definitively back up my opinion but I can't see it coming close to DK. Sorry about going slightly off topic with the `flavor of the month' movie.
SbWillie is offline  
Old 05-09-2012, 07:29 PM
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Australie occidentale
Posts: 20,803
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2015 Post(s)
Liked: 1169
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

Your timing was exquisite! Just got back from seeing The Avengers an hour ago. I loved it and want to see it again because I'm sure that I missed the point of some of Whedon's many sly one-liners. The Avengers is so different from either of Nolan's Batman films I would hesitate to say which I liked best. It's like asking me to say whether I like a perfectly cooked filet better than an ice-cream sundae. I love both but would never, ever try to say that one is better than the other.

Like you I enjoy the batman films just as much as I enjoy the marvel films . I'm curious to see if DC would do what marvel did with Avengers?

This film will be Christian Bale last time he wears the batman suit?

_________________________

Frank (直率的)(فرانك)(franc)(lantad)
Franin is offline  
Old 05-09-2012, 08:04 PM
 
Lee Stewart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 20,329
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Like you I enjoy the batman films just as much as I enjoy the marvel films . I'm curious to see if DC would do what marvel did with Avengers?

Warner Bros., for instance, has for years wanted to create a universe of films around its DC Comics heroes like Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman. But a Justice League movie has stalled, in part because there isn't a Feige type to keep the elements together. Warners' recent success with Christopher Nolan's Batman series led the studio to assign him producing duties on its Superman reboot and a planned relaunch of Batman after his The Dark Knight Rises hits theaters in July. Given Marvel's success with Avengers, don't be surprised if Warners -- and Nolan -- take on a Justice League movie soon.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-whedon-321760

Quote:


This film will be Christian Bale last time he wears the batman suit?

Correct
Lee Stewart is offline  
Old 05-10-2012, 02:04 AM
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Australie occidentale
Posts: 20,803
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2015 Post(s)
Liked: 1169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post


Given Marvel's success with Avengers, don't be surprised if Warners -- and Nolan -- take on a Justice League movie soon.

I hope so. It would be nice if Bale could be batman for that role.

_________________________

Frank (直率的)(فرانك)(franc)(lantad)
Franin is offline  
Old 05-10-2012, 02:18 AM
 
Lee Stewart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 20,329
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

I hope so. It would be nice if Bale could be batman for that role.

No Bale. There will be a new Batman.
Lee Stewart is offline  
Old 05-10-2012, 04:53 AM
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Australie occidentale
Posts: 20,803
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2015 Post(s)
Liked: 1169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post

No Bale. There will be a new Batman.

Don't know if i can accept a new Batman.

_________________________

Frank (直率的)(فرانك)(franc)(lantad)
Franin is offline  
Old 05-10-2012, 05:23 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Dbuudo07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3,145
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Don't know if i can accept a new Batman.

People were having problems with a new Bruce Banner and look how that turned out.

Personally, I welcome a new Batman. I don't really like Bale in the role.

David Budo
Dbuudo07 is offline  
Old 05-10-2012, 06:07 AM
 
Lee Stewart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 20,329
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Don't know if i can accept a new Batman.

Keep in mind that Nolan will still be in charge. That makes all the difference.
Lee Stewart is offline  
Old 05-10-2012, 06:22 AM
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Australie occidentale
Posts: 20,803
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2015 Post(s)
Liked: 1169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbuudo07 View Post


People were having problems with a new Bruce Banner and look how that turned out.

Personally, I welcome a new Batman. I don't really like Bale in the role.

I actually liked him.

_________________________

Frank (直率的)(فرانك)(franc)(lantad)
Franin is offline  
Old 05-10-2012, 06:23 AM
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Australie occidentale
Posts: 20,803
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2015 Post(s)
Liked: 1169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post


Keep in mind that Nolan will still be in charge. That makes all the difference.

It will continue the story from TDKR? Not a reboot.

_________________________

Frank (直率的)(فرانك)(franc)(lantad)
Franin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
 

Tags
Blu Ray Movies , The Dark Knight Bd Live Blu Ray
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off