The Dark Knight Rises - Page 19 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #541 of 1595 Old 05-01-2012, 08:15 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 48
I've not viewed the full Avengers trailer and won't view this DK trailer either. No need. Why spoil the fun? I'm going to both.... DUH!!!

Vimeo is the home of the Super8 Shooter...
http://vimeo.com/super8shooter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 1595 Old 05-01-2012, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Stevens View Post

I've not viewed the full Avengers trailer and won't view this DK trailer either. No need. Why spoil the fun? I'm going to both.... DUH!!!

I don't think TDKR reveals too much. It just makes me want to see the movie RIGHT NOW. So I guess maybe that's a good trailer
post #543 of 1595 Old 05-01-2012, 11:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by goneten View Post

For me, Avengers was a case of style over substance. It was a popcorn flick with little depth. At the end of the day I was entertained, so mission accomplished on that front. However films like Dark Knight are so well executed, the cinematography, acting and depth of these characters is what pulls me in. It also feels a lot more dangerous. In Avengers I never cared about the characters because I knew they were never in danger.

But to each their own. Everyone has different tastes.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

David Budo
post #544 of 1595 Old 05-01-2012, 12:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

I don't think TDKR reveals too much. It just makes me want to see the movie RIGHT NOW. So I guess maybe that's a good trailer

Maybe I'm getting good at this game, but most trailers I see give too much away...
Because I see a ton of movies, the lack of creative writing in Hollywood allows me to put 2+2 together and get a good idea where a movie is going just from trailers.
I am toying with the idea of not watching trailers of movies I know I'm gonna see.

OTOH, with my middle age memory, I forget most trailers pretty quickly.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
post #545 of 1595 Old 05-01-2012, 12:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

OTOH, with my middle age memory, I forget most trailers pretty quickly.

hehe! otoh, we can assume from day one that The Dark Knight Rises will have Bruce struggling to get back to his former self (as Batman that is, given TDK's ending), with Rachel gone Anna Hathaway will probably get cozy, Bane will be a cool and scary badass, and Michael Caine will help Bruce come down to his senses, while Morgan Freeman will provide the coolest weapons and suit variations... The trailer doesn't say much actually, also let's not forget we have 2 new faces with Joseph Gordon levitt and Marion Cotillard, nothing is really said about them in the trailer(s). And speaking of 'variations', I can't wait to hear those from Hans Zimmer and the themes we already know.
post #546 of 1595 Old 05-01-2012, 02:45 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurani View Post

Hooray, I can understand what Bane is saying.

agreed, I think someone may have gone back and re-did his lines
post #547 of 1595 Old 05-01-2012, 03:20 PM

Liked: 12
Bane's voice doesn't sound nearly as menacing now, I'm actually a bit disappointed. Should be somewhere inbetween what it sounds like in this trailer and what it sounded like in the first one, imo.

Also, anyone notice that Batman's gruffness is toned down a bit too? It was a bit exaggerated at times in TDK, so that's an improvement overall. I just hope they didn't soften it too much.
post #548 of 1595 Old 05-01-2012, 03:27 PM
Bass Enabler

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 822 Post(s)
Liked: 1001
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwright84 View Post

Bane's voice doesn't sound nearly as menacing now, I'm actually a bit disappointed. Should be somewhere inbetween what it sounds like in this trailer and what it sounded like in the first one, imo.

Agreed. I liked the way it sounded before.

My Dual 18" LLT subs 120dB down to 10hz

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link

http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website

post #549 of 1595 Old 05-01-2012, 03:40 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post

Agreed. I liked the way it sounded before.

Liked how it "sounded", but not being able to understand it clearly 100% of the lines was annoying. Would definitely like an in-between point of now and the original.
post #550 of 1595 Old 05-01-2012, 06:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
If all you guys are complaining about is the sound of Batman's voice (in DK) or Bane's in DKR that is a good thing!
post #551 of 1595 Old 05-01-2012, 11:16 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwright84 View Post

Also, anyone notice that Batman's gruffness is toned down a bit too? It was a bit exaggerated at times in TDK, so that's an improvement overall. I just hope they didn't soften it too much.

I am going out on a limb here...I believe hope Nolan really wants to have the dialog understood by the audience.
However, I could be wrong.

And, yes, I do WANT to believe Nolan is NOT an idiot....

As it stands, there is no question the original trailer's dialog was difficult to make out (and there has been a lot of complaints about this).

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
post #552 of 1595 Old 05-02-2012, 03:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:

Hmm..I should try that! Would make movies SO much more epic lol

No subwoofer I've heard has been able to produce the bass I've experienced in the Corps!

Must..stop...buying...every bluray release...
post #553 of 1595 Old 05-02-2012, 09:57 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schloob1 View Post

Liked how it "sounded", but not being able to understand it clearly 100% of the lines was annoying. Would definitely like an in-between point of now and the original.

The Bane dialogue in the new trailer is very clearly audio enhanced and clarified for our ears and I doubt if it will sound that way in the final film.

By the way, I did not watch this new trailer. I just listened. Yes, I am serious. It's bad enough the local news showed a few seconds and some key explosions were spoiled for me.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
The bridge explosions, which are actual plot points.

post #554 of 1595 Old 05-02-2012, 10:16 AM
Bass Enabler

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 822 Post(s)
Liked: 1001
Yeah, I was pretty annoyed seeing all that. Uurgghh! But I only have myself to blame for watching the damn thing.

My Dual 18" LLT subs 120dB down to 10hz

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link

http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website

post #555 of 1595 Old 05-02-2012, 10:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The Bane dialogue in the new trailer is very clearly audio enhanced and clarified for our ears and I doubt if it will sound that way in the final film.

By the way, I did not watch this new trailer. I just listened. Yes, I am serious. It's bad enough the local news showed a few seconds and some key explosions were spoiled for me.

Spoiler  
The bridge explosions, which are actual plot points.

+1

I didn't get why there was a need to show that. If that's not an important part of the movie, I'm lost. Now when I"m watching the movie and they reach that point, I'll know exactly it's going to end.

David Budo
post #556 of 1595 Old 05-02-2012, 02:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Liked: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by goneten View Post

For me, Avengers was a case of style over substance. It was a popcorn flick with little depth. At the end of the day I was entertained, so mission accomplished on that front. However films like Dark Knight are so well executed, the cinematography, acting and depth of these characters is what pulls me in. It also feels a lot more dangerous. In Avengers I never cared about the characters because I knew they were never in danger.

But to each their own. Everyone has different tastes.

I'm a big Joss Whedon fan so I will be surprised if I don't love The Avengers. I think that at his best Whedon tells moving stories in a highly entertaining and humorous way. In stark contrast, Christopher Nolan is a master of menace and suspense. I love both Whedon's and Nolan's work but will be surprised I don't end up liking The Avengers just as much as The Dark Knight. Anyway, I really am looking forward with high hopes to both films.
post #557 of 1595 Old 05-08-2012, 07:32 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

It does the opposite for me. Why Bane? Why not a classic batman villian like Riddler? Penguin? Mr Freeze?

Im guessing Robin shows up in this too
post #558 of 1595 Old 05-08-2012, 09:00 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Bane IS a classic Batman villain. For the last two decades he has been Batman's most lethal opponent. Riddler, Penguin and Freeze are old villains who are more of a joke at this point. Nolan knows that and so he and David S. Goyer (a huge comic nerd) discussed the most lethal villains available after Heath Ledger passed away (the Joker was always supposed to be in the third film as the main villain) and Bane was the only logical choice.

post #559 of 1595 Old 05-09-2012, 01:36 AM
CIH USER

Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

I'm a big Joss Whedon fan so I will be surprised if I don't love The Avengers. I think that at his best Whedon tells moving stories in a highly entertaining and humorous way. In stark contrast, Christopher Nolan is a master of menace and suspense. I love both Whedon's and Nolan's work but will be surprised I don't end up liking The Avengers just as much as The Dark Knight. Anyway, I really am looking forward with high hopes to both films.

I'm surprised you have not seen Avengers yet gwsat.

Frank
post #560 of 1595 Old 05-09-2012, 01:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Liked: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

I'm surprised you have not seen Avengers yet gwsat.

Your timing was exquisite! Just got back from seeing The Avengers an hour ago. I loved it and want to see it again because I'm sure that I missed the point of some of Whedon's many sly one-liners. The Avengers is so different from either of Nolan's Batman films I would hesitate to say which I liked best. It's like asking me to say whether I like a perfectly cooked filet better than an ice-cream sundae. I love both but would never, ever try to say that one is better than the other.
post #561 of 1595 Old 05-09-2012, 06:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:

Bane IS a classic Batman villain. For the last two decades he has been Batman's most lethal opponent. Riddler, Penguin and Freeze are old villains who are more of a joke at this point. Nolan knows that and so he and David S. Goyer (a huge comic nerd) discussed the most lethal villains available after Heath Ledger passed away (the Joker was always supposed to be in the third film as the main villain) and Bane was the only logical choice.

They made the right decision.....the ONLY way they could've topped DK was too have an overview first 30 minute intro featuring lingering battles with the Joker,etc covering the aforementioned 8 years leading up to DKR's Bane timeline .

DK is a near perfect mix of a dramatic ganster/mob flick appetizer with a comic book main course! The Avengers IS not in the same class due to it solely being a comic book flick. I'm once again going to try and catch the Avengers tomorrow so I can definitively back up my opinion but I can't see it coming close to DK. Sorry about going slightly off topic with the `flavor of the month' movie.
post #562 of 1595 Old 05-09-2012, 08:29 PM
CIH USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

Your timing was exquisite! Just got back from seeing The Avengers an hour ago. I loved it and want to see it again because I'm sure that I missed the point of some of Whedon's many sly one-liners. The Avengers is so different from either of Nolan's Batman films I would hesitate to say which I liked best. It's like asking me to say whether I like a perfectly cooked filet better than an ice-cream sundae. I love both but would never, ever try to say that one is better than the other.

Like you I enjoy the batman films just as much as I enjoy the marvel films . I'm curious to see if DC would do what marvel did with Avengers?

This film will be Christian Bale last time he wears the batman suit?

Frank
post #563 of 1595 Old 05-09-2012, 09:04 PM

Liked: 44
Quote:

Like you I enjoy the batman films just as much as I enjoy the marvel films . I'm curious to see if DC would do what marvel did with Avengers?

Warner Bros., for instance, has for years wanted to create a universe of films around its DC Comics heroes like Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman. But a Justice League movie has stalled, in part because there isn't a Feige type to keep the elements together. Warners' recent success with Christopher Nolan's Batman series led the studio to assign him producing duties on its Superman reboot and a planned relaunch of Batman after his The Dark Knight Rises hits theaters in July. Given Marvel's success with Avengers, don't be surprised if Warners -- and Nolan -- take on a Justice League movie soon.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-whedon-321760

Quote:

This film will be Christian Bale last time he wears the batman suit?

Correct
post #564 of 1595 Old 05-10-2012, 03:04 AM
CIH USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post

Given Marvel's success with Avengers, don't be surprised if Warners -- and Nolan -- take on a Justice League movie soon.

I hope so. It would be nice if Bale could be batman for that role.

Frank
post #565 of 1595 Old 05-10-2012, 03:18 AM

Quote:

I hope so. It would be nice if Bale could be batman for that role.

No Bale. There will be a new Batman.
post #566 of 1595 Old 05-10-2012, 05:53 AM
CIH USER

Quote:

No Bale. There will be a new Batman.

Don't know if i can accept a new Batman.

Frank
post #567 of 1595 Old 05-10-2012, 06:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

People were having problems with a new Bruce Banner and look how that turned out.

Personally, I welcome a new Batman. I don't really like Bale in the role.

David Budo
post #568 of 1595 Old 05-10-2012, 07:07 AM

Quote:

Keep in mind that Nolan will still be in charge. That makes all the difference.
post #569 of 1595 Old 05-10-2012, 07:22 AM
CIH USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbuudo07 View Post

People were having problems with a new Bruce Banner and look how that turned out.

Personally, I welcome a new Batman. I don't really like Bale in the role.

I actually liked him.

Frank
post #570 of 1595 Old 05-10-2012, 07:23 AM
CIH USER

Quote:

Keep in mind that Nolan will still be in charge. That makes all the difference.

It will continue the story from TDKR? Not a reboot.

Frank
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

Tags
Blu Ray Movies , The Dark Knight Bd Live Blu Ray
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page