AVS Forum banner

best cult film that nobody knows about

43K views 1K replies 189 participants last post by  Josh Z 
#1 ·
i need to know of a funny underground movie that prety much nobody knows about. my girlfriend has seen the clerks series, both bill & ted's, both heave metals, a clockwork orange, boogienights, detroit rock city, dazed and confused, rocky horror, the one where the kid writes a report for rolling stone after doin somthin at a sabbath show, ferris bullers day off, and tomy. as far as i know. help a brother out man.

#3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezno13
i need to know of a funny underground movie that prety much nobody knows about. my girlfriend has seen the clerks series, both bill & ted's, both heave metals, a clockwork orange, boogienights, detroit rock city, dazed and confused, rocky horror, the one where the kid writes a report for rolling stone after doin somthin at a sabbath show, ferris bullers day off, and tomy. as far as i know. help a brother out man.
How about:

Cashback (2006) (a romantic comedy for men; meaning lots of nudity)

Lair of the White Worm (1988) (comedy horror, a bit gruesome)

Magic Christian, The (1969) (groovy)

Rancho Deluxe (1975) (modern western)

Twister (1989) (this is not the tornado-chasing movie)

Withnail and I (1987) (a British "fear and loathing" story)

All are funny, offbeat and not too heavy.

-Bill

#4 ·
There isn't much left that nobody knows about these days. Thank you internets.

Here's some recent movies with cult status that come to mind:

The Foot Fist Way - Danny Mcbride playing a karate douchebag
The Room - one of the most worstest movies ever. Internet is crazy over it.
The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters - the ultimate tale of good vs. evil
Troll 2 - horrible "horror" movie that's so bad it's funny
Observe and Report (approaching cult status) - sick and funny

#6 ·
Another vote for King of Kong.

#606 · (Edited)
+1 Love that doc. Still follow the record holder today.

"In December of 2010, New York area plastic surgeon Hank Chien set the world record high score for Donkey Kong — 1,068,000 points.He topped that score four times over the next two years, setting the score at 1,138,600 in November of 2012. Thursday evening (Sept 4, 2014 ??), DK competitor Robbie Lakeman scored 1,141,800 points, ending Chien's reign of terror."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.