Easy A - Emma Stone - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 28 Old 01-02-2011, 02:28 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Best teen movie since Juno, and even more intelligently written. Going with that comparison a little futher, the support actors are better in Easy A than they were in Juno.

Emma Stone does a great job starring in this smartly written movie, and there were several belly-laughs. The direction had no wow factor, its just a drama and they told the story just fine!

The DVD quality was up to par for 2010, again no spectacular achievement, but who cares ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 01-02-2011, 05:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
+1

"Marines have no qualms about killing Martians"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 28 Old 01-02-2011, 06:22 AM

Great movie
post #4 of 28 Old 01-02-2011, 07:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Emma Stone is so darn likable. The parents were hilarious!

The above post is 100% medically accurate

31 Days of Horror:

post #5 of 28 Old 01-04-2011, 07:46 AM

I loved it, there's no reason why teen comedies cant have a brain too. Emma Stone is turning into one of my favourite actresses, first Superbad, now Easy A!
post #6 of 28 Old 01-06-2011, 10:28 PM

I couldn't find anything I was interested in renting the other day and remembred something positive I had heard about this. I found it clever and funny. Great movie and my girlfriend liked it too.
post #7 of 28 Old 01-07-2011, 07:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Wow. Different strokes for different folks I guess. My wife and her girlfirends brought this over to watch last week. I thought it was terrible. The dialogue just irritated me to no end. the way they spoke and interacted with each other seemed so forced. The whole time I watced I kept thinking that some 50 year old guy was writing the script for how he thought high school kids talked and acted.

I like teen comedies, but this one was not for me.

Xbox360 / PS3 / Failed HDM Supporter
I have no idea what you are referring to
Gamertag: antwon412
(A/V)Ignorance is Bliss -------- sweet, cheap bliss
post #8 of 28 Old 01-10-2011, 09:15 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Almost all teen comedies are somewhat of a caricature of real life, I found this one no more "forced" than some of the great movies of this genre, like "The Breakfast Club".

You almost have to remove the "comedy" part to get more real interpetations of teen life, like the awesome movie that came out a while back called "Thirteen".
post #9 of 28 Old 01-15-2011, 07:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I was cracking up, and this is usually not my genre. Enjoyed the script. sort of remind me of Clueless by A. Silverstone.
post #10 of 28 Old 01-16-2011, 05:31 AM
CIH USER

Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 205
ive finally picked this up going by the trailer it looked quite good.

Frank

post #11 of 28 Old 01-16-2011, 10:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Saw Emma Stone's face pop up on the Golden Globes tonight. Had no idea she was nominated for her role in Easy A. Good going! I hope this is the beginning of a long career.

So far so good.

Superbad
Zombieland
Easy A

31 Days of Horror:

post #12 of 28 Old 01-17-2011, 07:24 AM

She was blond as she's shooting her role as Gwen Stacy in the upcoming Spiderman reboot.
post #13 of 28 Old 06-11-2011, 10:41 PM

Saw this tonight and enjoyed it. Some great dialog and seriously funny moments. Also has more heart than films of this style\\genre. Recommended all around for a fun movie time.
post #14 of 28 Old 06-12-2011, 06:10 AM
CIH USER

Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwright84 View Post

Saw this tonight and enjoyed it. Some great dialog and seriously funny moments. Also has more heart than films of this style\\genre. Recommended all around for a fun movie time.

I agree its a fun movie

Frank

post #15 of 28 Old 06-25-2011, 07:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwright84 View Post

This was pretty well done. Much better than I thought or the trailers indicated it would be. Emma kind of irritated me in Zombieland, but was great in Superbad and this movie.

post #16 of 28 Old 06-25-2011, 08:19 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 67
I loved "Easy A". I've watched it a few times and I enjoyed it thoroughly every time. I think she is an incredibly good comedic actor for her age. Something like the greeting card scene, which could have been completely boring as read on paper and she made it hilarious.

Dean Roddey
Chairman/CTO, Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd

post #17 of 28 Old 06-26-2011, 11:50 AM

Watched this one based on this thread.. not quite "LOL" funny to me but I did really enjoy the comedic timing and obvious chemistry among the actors. Emma Stone's cynical humor style was perfect. Good flick, but for all it's effort to emulate, it still lacked the heart of an actual John Hughes film, imo..
post #18 of 28 Old 06-26-2011, 08:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I'm slipping frighteningly close to 50, so all those John Hughes movies would have been the ones around when I was just a bit beyond the age group that they were targeting. But I still think that Easy A is way better than any of those JH movies, honestly.

Dean Roddey

post #19 of 28 Old 06-28-2011, 09:13 AM

That makes sense, Dean, I was born in '75 so was definitely in the crosshairs of those Hughes films
post #20 of 28 Old 06-28-2011, 10:56 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 816
Gave this one a try.

Neither I nor the wife could buy E.S. as a teenager.
Should have casted a kid for the part (or at least someone who WASN'T in the running for a barstool part alongside Mickey Rourke).

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
post #21 of 28 Old 06-29-2011, 09:50 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Didn't bother me at all. I didn't think that she looked out of place particularly.

Dean Roddey

post #22 of 28 Old 06-29-2011, 10:44 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Gave this one a try.

Neither I nor the wife could buy E.S. as a teenager.
Should have casted a kid for the part (or at least someone who WASN'T in the running for a barstool part alongside Mickey Rourke).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Roddey View Post

Didn't bother me at all. I didn't think that she looked out of place particularly.

Although, as those of you who have posted to the Falling Skys thread in the HDTV Programming Forum already know, I am nearly pathologically sensitive to seeing actors who are far too old cast as teenagers, I thought Emma Stone still looked the part. She was only 20 when the film was shot and her big eyes and round face made her look young enough to be credible as a high school kid.

Like others, I watched Easy A only because I couldn't find anything else at my neighborhood BB and decided to get it. I thought it was a fun movie and well worth the hour and a half it took to watch.
post #23 of 28 Old 07-11-2011, 09:53 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Netflixed Easy A and found it smart and very funny...will be adding it to the BR collection, and looking forward to the next Emma Stone movie.
post #24 of 28 Old 07-12-2011, 07:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 34
looking forward to the next Emma Stone movie.

...as should all right-thinking people be. There's an article on her in the most recent Vanity Fair, and The Help is out in August.

CW Hinkle
post #25 of 28 Old 07-12-2011, 03:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 32
We watched this one last night. ES is very charming. The movie was entertaining though not my cup of tea. Not a great movie, but a very nice performance from ES was 2009s Paper Man. A sometimes hard to watch little dramedy starring Jeff Daniels, Lisa Kudrow, ES and Ryan Reynolds.

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

post #26 of 28 Old 07-13-2011, 07:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Wow peep the.vanity fair.mag. this week.. yowza!

31 Days of Horror:

post #27 of 28 Old 12-08-2012, 08:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Ok third time watching this. Best"teen flick"since Clueless. There I said it.

31 Days of Horror:

post #28 of 28 Old 12-08-2012, 10:19 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Temple View Post

We watched this one last night. ES is very charming. The movie was entertaining though not my cup of tea. Not a great movie, but a very nice performance from ES was 2009s Paper Man. A sometimes hard to watch little dramedy starring Jeff Daniels, Lisa Kudrow, ES and Ryan Reynolds.

I've seen that one also, and it is a very interesting, though very off the beaten path flick. Most folks wouldn't get it

Dean Roddey

Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page