Hall Pass - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 13 Old 02-03-2011, 07:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
New comedy starring Owen Wilson, Jason Sudekis, Jenna Fischer, and Christina Applegate about a couple of married guys who get a free pass to go fulfill their mid-life fantasies of hooking up with the chicks their wives are always catching them checking out, haha.. great premise anyway.

Trailer:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 02-08-2011, 02:04 AM
CIH USER

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 195
This ones fantastic the trailer made me laugh. This will be a definite buy for me when it hits blu ray.

Frank

post #3 of 13 Old 04-25-2011, 08:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 44
Just saw this over the weekend. Surprisignly funny, although slower than I was prepared for. I liked it a lot, but not enough to make a purchase.

I LOVE MOVIES!!!!!!!!!!!!

post #4 of 13 Old 04-26-2011, 05:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Didn't do anything for me, I'd give it a 'pass' for sure.

"Marines have no qualms about killing Martians"

2011 List

2009 List

2008 List
post #5 of 13 Old 12-23-2011, 09:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 287
What was the last line of the movie? I must have replayed that 5 times and I still couldn't understand what Jason Sudeikis said to Christina Applegate.

I can't say the movie did anything for me. A couple of funny bits, but that was it. I was more frustrated that the guys didn't do anything when they had opportunities. Lots of good looking women in it, though. Lots.
post #6 of 13 Old 12-23-2011, 02:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 64
He didn't say anything to applegate. After she sd what is wrong with you 2? it showed him and owen wilson checking that blonde's rear and Owen sd what are you doing...and then Jason with his stupid clicking noise trying to sound like a camara..sd trying to take mental photographs. Wow even I got that one, usually I would have go to subtitles for something like that which btw if you had taken my advice to always leave subs on you wouldn't have to watch it 5x. That's when they came in handy... mumbling, accents, fast talking, whispering, back ground noise. etc.

I thought it was going to be great too like a male Bridesmaid but the movie just never took off. The jokes were juvenile but mostly poorly written. Add to the fact I can't stand that Owen wilson who tries to be every comedy possible along with Steve carrell are one the most annoying blokes doing to same old song n dance. I don't have a problem with Owen's brother though the brunette, maybe because he's not a comedy whore.
post #7 of 13 Old 12-23-2011, 02:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey67 View Post

He didn't say anything to applegate. After she sd what were you guys thinking of anyways? it showed him and owen wilson checking that blonde's rear and Owen sd what are you doing...and then Jason with his stupid clicking noise trying to sound like a camara..sd trying to take mental photographs. Wow even I got that one, usually I would have go to subtitles for something like that which btw if you had taken my advice to always leave subs on you wouldn't have to watch it 5x.
That's when they came in handy, mumbles, accents, whispering, back ground noise. etc.

I recorded it to DVR – no subtitles.

That was not the ending. And I’m not referring to the added clip when the credits started rolling. When they were standing outside the house, with Applegate's bandaged nose, they agreed not discuss what happened during the Hall Pass and to let it be what it was, much to Applegate’s relief, and then Jason made a comment that shocked Applegate, and it ended. There was one word in there that I couldn’t make out.
post #8 of 13 Old 12-24-2011, 09:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 22
There is only one reason to watch Hall Pass, Nicky Whelan.
post #9 of 13 Old 04-03-2012, 10:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 309
Just watched this over the weekend and really enjoyed it. My wife and I found plenty to laugh at and I'll probably add it to the collection since it is so cheap now.

My Rig

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

post #10 of 13 Old 04-03-2012, 10:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens View Post

I recorded it to DVR - no subtitles.

That was not the ending. And I'm not referring to the added clip when the credits started rolling. When they were standing outside the house, with Applegate's bandaged nose, they agreed not discuss what happened during the Hall Pass and to let it be what it was, much to Applegate's relief, and then Jason made a comment that shocked Applegate, and it ended. There was one word in there that I couldn't make out.

They both agree to work on their relationship, that whatever happened during the Hall Pass didn't matter, and Jason promised love her forever and to treat her like the queen she was. Then Applegate says they should go to the next Kathy Griffin event, and this completely blows away Jason's momentary rush of love. He realized that there was no use kidding each other, and blurts out that he "Fake Chow'ed" the babysitter's mom.

The signature line for me from this movie is Jason saying "She is hungry. She needs something in her mouth !!"
post #11 of 13 Old 04-03-2012, 11:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaj View Post

he "Fake Chow'ed" the babysitter's mom.

I watched the ending again (the movie has be replayed several times) since I posted and finally understood what he said. Thanks for the confirmation.
post #12 of 13 Old 04-03-2012, 11:23 PM
CIH USER

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

Just watched this over the weekend and really enjoyed it. My wife and I found plenty to laugh at and I'll probably add it to the collection since it is so cheap now.

I added this to my collection also we enjoyed it very much.

Frank

post #13 of 13 Old 04-06-2012, 12:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 224
Well, the "shart" scene is a classic.

My Dedicated Home Theater Room
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version