Insidious - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 65 Old 03-03-2011, 06:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
From the creator\\writer\\director of the original Saw comes a brand new horror film, with two excellent leads!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 65 Old 04-25-2011, 12:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
After reading the reviews on IMDB I was expecting "One of the scariest movies of all time". Instead what I got was a POS lame a$$ movie with a very LOUD soundtrack.

I guess loud noises are really scary for some people.

Don't waste your money. As far as I'm concerned this is not even worth a rent.

On the plus side, at least the popcorn was pretty good.

"Marines have no qualms about killing Martians"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 65 Old 04-25-2011, 10:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Nooe..,say it isn't so. The boards on IMDB leads me to believe this was a dandy fright fest and quite a ride. I am very much waiting for this to come on on BD so I can watch it the same way like I did with PA2...late at night in the dark, in my warm cozy bed with the safety blanket . It doesn't get much better than that for me, it's like going on a haunted house ride. It's about the environment and ambience. There's no way I will pass this up.
post #4 of 65 Old 04-26-2011, 06:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey67 View Post

Nooe..,say it isn't so. The boards on IMDB leads me to believe this was a dandy fright fest and quite a ride. I am very much waiting for this to come on on BD so I can watch it the same way like I did with PA2...late at night in the dark, in my warm cozy bed with the safety blanket . It doesn't get much better than that for me, it's like going on a haunted house ride. It's about the environment and ambience. There's no way I will pass this up.

Zoey, different stokes for different folks... hopefully it will be enjoyable for you.

post #5 of 65 Old 04-26-2011, 12:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Looks like a remake of "The Baby's Room", a Spanish horror film, that I watched last week on Netflix. That and maybe half a dozen other films with the same theme.
post #6 of 65 Old 04-27-2011, 06:06 PM
AVS Special Member

According to hollywood reporter this film was made with just 1.5 mil and raked in 45 mil so far. Good for them, Im glad to see the small guys like this and Skyline produce decent movies without spending a gazzilion dollars on crappy over hyped junk. I rather watch 10 of these than 2-3 types of Expendables or avatar.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...lm-2011-182335
post #7 of 65 Old 04-28-2011, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey67 View Post
According to hollywood reporter this film was made with just 1.5 mil and raked in 45 mil so far. Good for them, Im glad to see the small guys like this and Skyline produce decent movies without spending a gazzilion dollars on crappy over hyped junk. I rather watch 10 of these than 2-3 types of Expendables or avatar.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...lm-2011-182335

Have you seen it yet??? You might change your mind. As I said this movie just did not click with me, it is be far the worst movie I've seen this year.

But, that's just me, it is clicking with many others.

post #8 of 65 Old 05-10-2011, 06:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Doesnt do it for me, reminds me too much of Paranormal Activity, a movie i hate with a passion. It does look better than that movie, but enough for me.

never take life seriously
post #9 of 65 Old 07-07-2011, 02:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 341
This is out next week. I have it queued up with mediocre expectations but damn am I starved for some horror right now... where the hell are all the good horror flicks

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

post #10 of 65 Old 07-07-2011, 03:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

....damn am I starved for some horror right now... where the hell are all the good horror flicks

So am I General K, let me know if you find a good one. I'm looking all the time but haven't found anything really good in a long time.

post #11 of 65 Old 07-09-2011, 12:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Well this one I saw on showtime from directv for free 6 mos the other night and thought it was not bad if you like the Saw series called The Collector. It was like Saw meets Home Alone where visitors check in, but they don't check out because of all the traps inside the house.
post #12 of 65 Old 07-12-2011, 01:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboss View Post

So am I General K, let me know if you find a good one. I'm looking all the time but haven't found anything really good in a long time.

I just grabbed a copy from blockbuster today so will report back. I also have Seconds Apart shipping today from nf, I can't vouch for it but might be worth a rent.

post #13 of 65 Old 07-12-2011, 02:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I just grabbed a copy from blockbuster today so will report back. I also have Seconds Apart shipping today from nf, I can't vouch for it but might be worth a rent.
I've seen "Seconds Apart", it really didn't work for me although I would say it is worth a rent.

I'm still looking for the next movie that will grab me the way "Descent" did.

post #14 of 65 Old 07-12-2011, 04:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I've seen "Seconds Apart", it really didn't work for me although I would say it is worth a rent.

Tell me about it, they seem to come along only once in a while. I was just watching my Aussie bd copy of that last week thinking how glad I was I imported it The Descent was for me a landmark in horror but so was Pontypool and both aren't that old so hopefully we will see at least something of that caliber before the year is out. I'm starving!

If you haven't seen REC 2 that is a pretty solid sequel and amazon.ca has them both bundled on blu for a decent price.

post #15 of 65 Old 07-12-2011, 05:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Tell me about it, they seem to come along only once in a while. I was just watching my Aussie bd copy of that last week thinking how glad I was I imported it The Descent was for me a landmark in horror but so was Pontypool and both aren't that old so hopefully we will see at least something of that caliber before the year is out. I'm starving!

If you haven't seen REC 2 that is a pretty solid sequel and amazon.ca has them both bundled on blu for a decent price.
I've seen REC 2, Ok but no where near as good as REC. I've also seen "Quarantine 2" which was really lame. I thought "Le meute" (The Pack) was going to be good, it started off pretty good but I ended up disappointed with it also.... Where's a great French horror movie when you need one? Or any great horror movie for that matter.

A few others that I've watched recently which were also disappointing include:

"The Anniversary at Shallow Creek" - Boring

"YellowBrickRoad" - Very annoying!

"Dylan Dog: Dead of Night" - Ugh!

"Wake Wood" - Boring

"Red White & Blue" - Actually not too bad once it gets going, you should check it out.

"Red White & Blue" was probably the best of the bunch.

One of the better movies I've seen in the past month or so is "La doppia ora" (The Double Hour) - Not horror but a pretty good crime/mystery flick.

post #16 of 65 Old 07-13-2011, 06:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
I'm on the fence about this one. I hated PA and Saw but the premise here is much more promising.
post #17 of 65 Old 07-13-2011, 08:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I was disappointed to hear this movie wasn't what the hype said it was, although I'll still give it a look..just because.
Yeah, there are no good horror movies anymore, I wonder if I've seen so many now that I'm just desensitized, because I just don't get the willies anymore, and movies don't ''haunt"' me anymore after watching them.
At any rate I don't watch so many anymore because after reading the synopisis, it's always "been there done that".
One I did have fun with and had to own was a "B" creature feature called Infestation..it still tickles me and will have to do until a good horror movie comes along.
post #18 of 65 Old 07-13-2011, 08:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 129
Quote:

There has to be something good coming soon. It's been too long - we are due!

The above post is 100% medically accurate

31 Days of Horror:

post #19 of 65 Old 07-13-2011, 08:29 AM
sb1
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacco View Post

I was disappointed to hear this movie wasn't what the hype said it was, although I'll still give it a look..just because.
Yeah, there are no good horror movies anymore, I wonder if I've seen so many now that I'm just desensitized, because I just don't get the willies anymore, and movies don't ''haunt"' me anymore after watching them.

Because it's all about blood, guts, and shock value now for the younger crowds and dumber crowds (which are taking over judging from the movies that do big money these days).

Stephen.

Chances are very good that I was drinking when I posted the above.

post #20 of 65 Old 07-13-2011, 08:33 AM
AVS Special Member

One that's been getting a lot of buzz lately is some German zombie movie called Rammbock. I thought it was decent but kind of short. If any of you regular horror AVS'ers want to watch it let me know and I'll snail mail it over to you. We can pass it around to hold us over.

31 Days of Horror:

post #21 of 65 Old 07-13-2011, 08:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1 View Post

Because it's all about blood, guts, and shock value now for the younger crowds and dumber crowds (which are taking over judging from the movies that do big money these days).

that's a bingo!

31 Days of Horror:

post #22 of 65 Old 07-13-2011, 09:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I've seen REC 2, Ok but no where near as good as REC. I've also seen "Quarantine 2" which was really lame. I thought "Le meute" (The Pack) was going to be good, it started off pretty good but I ended up disappointed with it also.... Where's a great French horror movie when you need one? Or any great horror movie for that matter.

"Red White & Blue" was probably the best of the bunch.
I agree, I've relied heavily on foreign horror since the US seems bankrupt on originality but even that seems dry over the past 12 months plus.
Thanks for the rec on Red, White & Blue, I added it to my queue.

Any word on Macabre (Rumah Dara)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1 View Post
I don't mind all that if the concept is original and story can pull you in. Problem is like I said above there seems to be serious deficiencies in the original idea pool. We either get all shock value with terrible acting, terrible story, and zero substance, or we get re-hashed PG-13 rubbish dumbed down to sell tickets to highschoolers

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzack View Post
One that's been getting a lot of buzz lately is some German zombie movie called Rammbock. I thought it was decent but kind of short. If any of you regular horror AVS'ers want to watch it let me know and I'll snail mail it over to you. We can pass it around to hold us over.
I heard some buzz on that from BD, I wouldn't mind checking it out if you are willing to share. I'd be happy to send you Rawhead Rex if you have a hankering for some cheesy 80's UK horror

post #23 of 65 Old 07-13-2011, 10:17 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 816
Quote:

"Red White & Blue" - Actually not too bad once it gets going, you should check it out.

One of the better movies I've seen in the past month or so is "La doppia ora" (The Double Hour) - Not horror but a pretty good crime/mystery flick.
Thanx for the heads-up...added to my queue.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
post #24 of 65 Old 07-13-2011, 10:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I agree, I've relied heavily on foreign horror since the US seems bankrupt on originality but even that seems dry over the past 12 months plus.
Thanks for the rec on Red, White & Blue, I added it to my queue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post
Thanx for the heads-up...added to my queue.
Red White & Blue is slow to start and I almost ejected it but it slowly pulled me in, not great but not bad and more entertaining than a bunch of the stuff I've seen lately.

post #25 of 65 Old 07-13-2011, 04:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I heard some buzz on that from BD, I wouldn't mind checking it out if you are willing to share. I'd be happy to send you Rawhead Rex if you have a hankering for some cheesy 80's UK horror

Heck yeah I havent seen rawhead in years and lost my copy . I'll shoot you a pm as soon as.i can get on a pc.

Insidious is in my mailbox now. Hopefully since my expectations can't be any lower ill be surprised.

31 Days of Horror:

post #26 of 65 Old 07-13-2011, 07:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
seen it last night. 1st half was ok..but soon after it was just eh..Not worth buying but worth a rental.
post #27 of 65 Old 07-14-2011, 01:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikieson View Post

seen it last night. 1st half was ok..but soon after it was just eh..Not worth buying but worth a rental.

I agree, james wan didn't finish with a bang like it was capable of. Great premise and original plot/story in the same line of paranormal activity so if you like that series you will probably like this as well. PA was kinda like a one trick pony where this one was more of a circus with more scares.

I had another great ride with Insidious like PA 2 watching it alone late at night with the lights off in bed gives the the movie an extra creepy ambient and mood. Based on that aprupt ending looking forward to another sequel.
post #28 of 65 Old 07-15-2011, 09:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I watched it last night...almost FForwarded it in places, all in all it was another seen it before movie. I liked the sound though and I'll give them a solid B for effort..moving on .
post #29 of 65 Old 07-15-2011, 05:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Yes the sound is all this one has going for it.Actually unintentionally very funny.

Matt
post #30 of 65 Old 07-16-2011, 11:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Wow, I cat believe this is what's passing for "scary" horror movies these days. So I guess the idea was to steal some ideas from Poltergeist and get Darth Maul to do a cameo? What a waste of 102 minutes!

Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

Tags
Blu Ray Movies , Insidious Blu Ray
Gear in this thread - Insidious by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page