5 Days of War - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 07-03-2011, 07:46 PM - Thread Starter
 
lwright84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,762
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
From director Renny Harlin, and starring Rupert Friend, Emmanuelle Chriqui, Richard Coyle, Andy Garcia, Val Kilmer, Heather Graham, Dean Cain, Johnathon Schaech, Anna Walton.

Based on true events: A drama set centered around the war between Russia and Georgia, and focused on an American journalist, his cameraman, and a Georgian native who become caught in the crossfire.

lwright84 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 Old 07-04-2011, 07:57 AM
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,552
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 291
Ill definitley put this on my must see list.

_________________________

Frank
Franin is offline  
post #3 of 9 Old 07-04-2011, 09:51 AM
AVS Special Member
 
dragonbud0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Monmouth County, NJ
Posts: 1,930
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 22
+1
dragonbud0 is online now  
post #4 of 9 Old 07-12-2011, 02:33 PM
Senior Member
 
ernie6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Niagara Falls, NY
Posts: 382
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I watched "5 Days of War" last night and really enjoyed the movie. Andy Garcia and Val Kilmer have small roles. Andy as the President of Georgia and Val as a war correspondent.

The story deals with the life threating experiences war correspondents faced when covering the Russian invasion of Georgia in 2009. I was surprised to find this DVD not available in North America resulting in my purchase from Amazon UK. Video is Region 2 PAL anamorphic widescreen with the audio DD 5.1.
ernie6 is offline  
post #5 of 9 Old 04-07-2012, 11:27 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Tried to watch this one on BD...

WOW is all I can say.
I can't recall a more earnest attempt at making a propaganda film than this one.
Simply unbelievable.

Well, I guess the government of Georgia has too much money.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #6 of 9 Old 04-07-2012, 11:54 AM
AVS Special Member
 
thedeskE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 3,636
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Tried to watch this one on BD...

WOW is all I can say.
I can't recall a more earnest attempt at making a propaganda film than this one.
Simply unbelievable.

Well, I guess the government of Georgia has too much money.

My thoughts as well. I didn't make it through 20% of the movie before the doo doo detector ran out of batteries from beeping constantly.

Earnest Don't Surf!
thedeskE is offline  
post #7 of 9 Old 04-07-2012, 12:08 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedeskE View Post

My thoughts as well. I didn't make it through 20% of the movie before the doo doo detector ran out of batteries from beeping constantly.

Earnest Don't Surf!

It really is very very blatant.
And I thought Atlas Shrunk was the most qualified in this category...

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #8 of 9 Old 04-07-2012, 01:56 PM
Member
 
netudki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 115
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

It really is very very blatant.
And I thought Atlas Shrunk was the most qualified in this category...

Nah, that belongs to any of the crapfast by Moore.
netudki is offline  
post #9 of 9 Old 04-07-2012, 07:16 PM
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,552
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie6 View Post

I watched "5 Days of War" last night and really enjoyed the movie. Andy Garcia and Val Kilmer have small roles. Andy as the President of Georgia and Val as a war correspondent.

The story deals with the life threating experiences war correspondents faced when covering the Russian invasion of Georgia in 2009. I was surprised to find this DVD not available in North America resulting in my purchase from Amazon UK. Video is Region 2 PAL anamorphic widescreen with the audio DD 5.1.

I agree damn good film. If I find it on the cheap I will buy it.

_________________________

Frank
Franin is offline  
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off