post #121 of 142 Old 08-23-2012, 09:48 PM
CIH USER

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

In most ways I liked the Maguire films best but that was mostly because they were fresh and new. That said, I think that Andrew Garfield is a better actor than Maguire, so I liked Garfield's performance as Spiderman better than Maguire's.

Ill have to rent it when it comes out.
Quote:
The backstory reprise bothered me because it took so much time to tell the same story as the first Maguire Spiderman film, which was released only 10 years ago. I was therefore bored because the tale was so familiar. I ended up thinking that it had been a waste of over an hour. After that, though, the film got much better. I am really looking forward to the sequel.

So this film did well that there going to do a sequel ?

Frank

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 142 Old 08-24-2012, 07:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Unfortunately, yes.

Kaboom.
post #123 of 142 Old 08-24-2012, 02:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 495
Quote:

I hope there's a sequel. Garfield was terrific in the Spiderman role and now that the backstory in his universe has been told, the writers could give us all new stuff in a sequel.
post #124 of 142 Old 08-24-2012, 02:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 308
Quote:

Right now it's at 258 million domestic and 697 million worldwide... Not bad at all smile.gif According to imdb, the release date is already set for May 2, 2014. I'm looking forward to the sequel I loved the film. Garfield was excellent. And Emma Stone was so cute I definitely want to see more of her! wink.gif Seriously though, The Amazing Spider-Man was better than the previous trilogy imo, I never really liked Maguire in the role.
post #125 of 142 Old 08-24-2012, 10:19 PM
CIH USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

Right now it's at 258 million domestic and 697 million worldwide... Not bad at all smile.gif According to imdb, the release date is already set for May 2, 2014. I'm looking forward to the sequel I loved the film. Garfield was excellent. And Emma Stone was so cute I definitely want to see more of her! wink.gif Seriously though, The Amazing Spider-Man was better than the previous trilogy imo, I never really liked Maguire in the role.

Quote:

I hope there's a sequel. Garfield was terrific in the Spiderman role and now that the backstory in his universe has been told, the writers could give us all new stuff in a sequel.

Something to look forward to then. Pity he couldnt be part of the avengers.

Frank

post #126 of 142 Old 11-07-2012, 05:27 AM
CIH USER

Quote:

I agree gwsat

Frank

post #127 of 142 Old 11-07-2012, 05:50 PM
sb1
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 136
I'm going to rent this one via Vudu this weekend. The quality is always great and the ability to not have to leave the house to rent a movie helps a tremendous amount since I'm usually several drinks in by the time I crank up the projector.

Stephen.

Chances are very good that I was drinking when I posted the above.

post #128 of 142 Old 11-08-2012, 01:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post

Mucho truth in this post. I'll add that the new female lead wasn't as good as Kirsten's Dunst's portrayal of Mary Jane in the first Spidey film, but much better than Dunst's character in the third one.
Overall, the movie was too long; they spent too much time on re-telling the origin of Spidey so the movie was lacking in meaningful action until the third act.

great. another movie thats too long for its own good.
post #129 of 142 Old 11-08-2012, 02:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1 View Post

I'm going to rent this one via Vudu this weekend. The quality is always great and the ability to not have to leave the house to rent a movie helps a tremendous amount since I'm usually several drinks in by the time I crank up the projector.

I plan to be at Blockbuster at 10am to trade in my mailer, and hope they have a bluray on the shelf and don't smell anything on my breath...tongue.gif

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #130 of 142 Old 11-08-2012, 03:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow View Post

I plan to be at Blockbuster at 10am to trade in my mailer, and hope they have a bluray on the shelf and don't smell anything on my breath...tongue.gif

They're probably hoping you don't smell anything on their breath. tongue.gif
post #131 of 142 Old 11-15-2012, 04:13 AM

Liked: 10
I just watched this for the first time. One thing that bothered me is that Spider-Man seemed like a total weakling when battling the Lizard. Maybe the Lizard is significantly stronger than Spider-Man, but Spider-Man is super strong himself, and I would at least expect him to get a few good licks in, instead, he seemed like an acrobatic weakling almost powerless against the Lizard. And in the climax, it was more Capt. Stacey who was kicking the Lizard's a## than Spider-Man, which made Spider-Man look even weaker.

All in all, I enjoyed the film, but was somewhat disappointed by it. I like Garfield more than Tobey McGuire in the role; although Tobey's portrayal had its good points, he was too much of a dork nerd, compared to Garfield, who is more of cool nerd, and Tobey McGuire couldn't tell a joke to save his life, which didn't word for the wisecracking Spider-Man. But overall, I thought Spider-Man 1 and 2 were better done movies, though this was better than Spider-Man 3.
post #132 of 142 Old 11-15-2012, 09:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 343
I agree with the point on Spiderman's strength, he did seem soft compared to the prior films. I actually like McGuire better in the role... I've never read the comics but felt that McGuire was much better as the awkward nerd. The kid that played Spiderman in this just bothered me... maybe it was his dumb haircut or his mannerisms but I didn't care for him. Emma Stone was a huge improvement and I liked the suit and web better but the need for the web shooter things in his wrists was weak and overall I did not feel the film brought anything new or original to the character other than a bit more mystery behind his parents and past. Everything after that was pretty much been there seen that for me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

post #133 of 142 Old 11-15-2012, 01:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

Emma Stone was a huge improvement and I liked the suit and web better but the need for the web shooter things in his wrists was weak and overall I did not feel the film brought anything new or original to the character other than a bit more mystery behind his parents and past. .

Guess you've never read the comics. The mechanical web shooters were one of the biggest things they got right in this new incarnation.
post #134 of 142 Old 11-15-2012, 07:09 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 26
If i never saw the original Spiderman this would be a pretty good movie. The first hour was so looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong. Like i was watching the same movie again but with different actors.
post #135 of 142 Old 11-16-2012, 05:53 AM
sb1
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Damn, son. 10am? And I thought I was hardcore...

Stephen.

post #136 of 142 Old 11-16-2012, 08:27 AM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 459
Here is my review..............Less Garfield, more Lizard.

Thank You for reading.

biggrin.gif

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
post #137 of 142 Old 11-16-2012, 08:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post

Not fair.

wink.gif
post #138 of 142 Old 11-16-2012, 09:59 AM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Nice! biggrin.gif

post #139 of 142 Old 11-16-2012, 11:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1 View Post

Damn, son. 10am? And I thought I was hardcore...

Shoot, you're just getting to bed at 10am. wink.gif

My wife invited another family over for a weekend viewing party and I had to make sure I could get one to rent. Something told me I did not want to have to buy this. smile.gif Walked in at 10am and plenty on the shelf. You never know with Blockbuster...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post

Thank You for reading.
biggrin.gif

+1

This was ok. Fun to watch once. The teenagers in my party probably liked it better for all the reasons it was meh with me. smile.gif

Well done though. The audio, specifically the LFE, was pretty fun.

post #140 of 142 Old 11-16-2012, 11:28 AM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Shoot, you're just getting to bed at 10am. wink.gif
My wife invited another family over for a weekend viewing party and I had to make sure I could get one to rent. Something told me I did not want to have to buy this. smile.gif Walked in at 10am and plenty on the shelf. You never know with Blockbuster...
+1
This was ok. Fun to watch once. The teenagers in my party probably liked it better for all the reasons it was meh with me. smile.gif
Well done though. The audio, specifically the LFE, was pretty fun.

Agreed. I really enjoyed it from a technical perspective. Great LFE/audio and I thought the PQ was excellent as well.

post #141 of 142 Old 11-17-2012, 01:39 PM
sb1
AVS Special Member

Just watched this one and found it much more enjoyable than the Raimi/Maguire crap. Quite frankly I've never understood the internet love for anything Raimi does. I find it campy and unwatchable at times. Garfield was about 10 times less whiny bitch than Maquire. An unsure and nervous teenager, yes, but not a bitch. Yes, the film had issues, and several of them. However, being a superhero movie based on a comic, I'm willing to forget much of them.

Stephen.

post #142 of 142 Old 11-17-2012, 10:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Count me as another surprised viewer, a year ago I had zero hopes for this only because I never liked the Raimi/Tobey spiderman. I just could never get over Tobey as spiderman. He had that one stupid expression in all 3 films: you know the one where he looked liked his puppy just died. And when he talked his lips hardly moved like he just woke up from a coma. Garfield was able to show all emotions and had much better range esp as a tortured teen. And Kirsten dunst was this wet nap always sad and depressed whereas Emma stone brought some much needed energy and quirkiness.

But I also felt the lizard was too cartoonish and not very real. Other than that, it was alright and they should tighten it up for the sequels.
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page