Haywire - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #61 of 121 Old 05-16-2012, 07:58 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,004
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulpa View Post

Renting it not an option?

Not available to rent yet Tulpa I would have to buy from Amazon.

_________________________

Frank

Franin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 121 Old 05-16-2012, 08:37 AM
AVS Special Member
 
zoey67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: cloud9
Posts: 2,634
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Did you CARE?
Not me, the only thing worthy of positive mention is the slick cinematography and excellent use of music to amp up the vibe.

Well, kinda yeah since it was mentioned so many damn times. Btw what you said about her voice was hilarious and I didn't notice that 1st time seeing it. They should do something about it in the mixing room. And if you watch that opening scene with Tatum again you'll laugh hysterically how bad her acting was with that mono blank stare she had the entire time talking to him with that irksome voice.

I really like though from following her on the MMA circuit and she has a great personality and attitude in real life which is prob what drew Soderberg to make a film around her. She'll get better Im sure.
zoey67 is offline  
post #63 of 121 Old 05-16-2012, 08:50 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Aliens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,745
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey67 View Post

Btw what you said about her voice was hilarious and I didn't notice that 1st time seeing it. They should do something about it in the mixing room.

He did.

Gina Carano’s fake Haywire voice

Steven Soderbergh’s new movie Haywire opens this weekend. It stars MMA star Gina Carano. I’m not an MMA fan nor had I ever heard of Gina Carano until Haywire came about, so I didn’t notice anything wrong with the trailer until I saw on TMZ that Carano’s part—her ENTIRE part—was dubbed over in the final cut of the movie. Additional dialogue recording is part of every film, but it’s mainly for cleaning up bits of audio here and there, in scenes where the sound is garbage. Dubbing someone’s entire part, line by line, is not your typical ADR session. That’s some serious work.

Carano herself doesn’t deny that this happened, admitting she went into the recording studio and redid her part so that Soderbergh could remix her vocals and create a voice less identifiable with her own because she sounded too feminine...
Aliens is offline  
post #64 of 121 Old 05-16-2012, 09:26 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Tulpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10,018
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Not available to rent yet Tulpa I would have to buy from Amazon.

Oh, I read your post wrong. I thought you'd have to wait to buy it, too.

Honestly, it's not worth a blind buy. It's a good in the moment action movie, but has no replay value. Rent it when it comes by, but don't buy. It'll just take up shelf space.

Don't believe everything on the Interwebz! A duck's quack DOES echo!
Tulpa is offline  
post #65 of 121 Old 05-16-2012, 12:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
thedeskE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 3,576
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Dear Mr. Soderbergh,

Get over yourself already.
Take a few years off and sip Mai Tais on a tropical beach somewhere.

Sincerely,
A guy who was smart enough to rent Haywire, not buy.


What a craptastic, screenplay on the back of a cocktail napkin, boring, shallow, style over substance, non-charismatic lead with an annoying voice, BS movie if there ever was one.
I want my frickin' 2 hours back...

Gee, I thought about warning you off the rental, but... darn it! I have a theory - The next good movie you see will be better than it should be.
Blowback
thedeskE is offline  
post #66 of 121 Old 05-17-2012, 12:39 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

oink -- I've always been an easier mark for new movies than you have. If they are slickly made, move quickly, and aren't too long, that's usually enough for me. That was the way I reacted to Haywire, despite its nonsensical plot and obviousness.

It is true you are a little more forgiving than I, but we do agree a great deal.

I guess I expected more and was just disappointed with what was served.

SS has made some fine films....sadly, I don't think this was one of them.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #67 of 121 Old 05-17-2012, 07:26 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Matt_Stevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: NYC
Posts: 13,818
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens View Post

He did.

Gina Carano's fake Haywire voice

Steven Soderbergh's new movie Haywire opens this weekend. It stars MMA star Gina Carano. I'm not an MMA fan nor had I ever heard of Gina Carano until Haywire came about, so I didn't notice anything wrong with the trailer until I saw on TMZ that Carano's parther ENTIRE partwas dubbed over in the final cut of the movie. Additional dialogue recording is part of every film, but it's mainly for cleaning up bits of audio here and there, in scenes where the sound is garbage. Dubbing someone's entire part, line by line, is not your typical ADR session. That's some serious work.
.

Wow wow WOW, she does sound like Laura San Giacomo in the film. Completely!

Reminds me of Andie MacDowell being dubbed by Glen Close for GREYSTOKE The Legend Of Tarzen.

Vimeo is the home of the Super8 Shooter...
http://vimeo.com/super8shooter
Matt_Stevens is offline  
post #68 of 121 Old 05-17-2012, 08:42 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
gwsat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 14,427
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

It is true you are a little more forgiving than I, but we do agree a great deal.

I guess I expected more and was just disappointed with what was served.

SS has made some fine films....sadly, I don't think this was one of them.

Soderbergh has directed so many films, it's not surprising that some of them were mediocre or worse. For example, I couldn't get through his bloated and nearly endless Che films and wondered why Soderbergh had bothered. No wonder they were financial disasters. On the other hand, Out of Sight, based on one of my hero Elmore Leonard's stories, is one of my favorite films. As you noted, Soderbergh has made a number of terrific films.
gwsat is offline  
post #69 of 121 Old 05-17-2012, 12:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Stevens View Post

Wow wow WOW, she does sound like Laura San Giacomo in the film. Completely!

Reminds me of Andie MacDowell being dubbed by Glen Close for GREYSTOKE The Legend Of Tarzen.

WTF is wrong with that guy????
There is nothing wrong with her natural voice.
What a moron.....

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #70 of 121 Old 05-17-2012, 01:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
zoey67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: cloud9
Posts: 2,634
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

WTF is wrong with that guy????
There is nothing wrong with her natural voice.
What a moron.....

OMG exactly, it's like we're on the same wavelength lately. She has a great natural voice as is, the one in the movie made her sounded like butch and monotonous. I'm telling u soderberg is such a douche
zoey67 is offline  
post #71 of 121 Old 05-29-2012, 08:21 PM
AVS Special Member
 
fookoo_2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,706
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Get a hold of the BR and watch the special features where one of them is the training that Gina Carano underwent and there you will find her natural voice which doesn't seem to be much different than in the movie. It seems highly unlikely that her voice is dubbed there.
fookoo_2010 is online now  
post #72 of 121 Old 05-30-2012, 12:37 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by fookoo_2010 View Post

Get a hold of the BR and watch the special features where one of them is the training that Gina Carano underwent and there you will find her natural voice which doesn't seem to be much different than in the movie. It seems highly unlikely that her voice is dubbed there.

I'm confused here....I HEARD her speak in that interview.....

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #73 of 121 Old 05-30-2012, 10:56 AM
AVS Special Member
 
adpayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Camp Lake,WI
Posts: 1,505
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by fookoo_2010 View Post

Get a hold of the BR and watch the special features where one of them is the training that Gina Carano underwent and there you will find her natural voice which doesn't seem to be much different than in the movie. It seems highly unlikely that her voice is dubbed there.

I guess you didn't read this whole thread before posting. No one is saying it wasn't her voice, just that it had been altered.

"Carano herself doesn't deny that this happened, admitting she went into the recording studio and redid her part so that Soderbergh could remix her vocals and create a voice less identifiable with her own because she sounded too feminine... "
adpayne is offline  
post #74 of 121 Old 05-30-2012, 02:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
fookoo_2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,706
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by adpayne View Post

I guess you didn't read this whole thread before posting. No one is saying it wasn't her voice, just that it had been altered.

"Carano herself doesn't deny that this happened, admitting she went into the recording studio and redid her part so that Soderbergh could remix her vocals and create a voice less identifiable with her own because she sounded too feminine... "

Your point is well taken, but it is not that unusual for an actress to change her voice so that it is not easily recognizable. I just didn't think that what I heard was so dramatically different, but then I cannot claim to know her voice that well.
fookoo_2010 is online now  
post #75 of 121 Old 07-06-2012, 10:57 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Shaded Dogfood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Terminus and the Lake of Light
Posts: 4,797
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Just managed to see this last night; now trying to set up a group viewing with fellow cinephiles/women-who-can-kick-your-butt-o-philes.

Seems to me lots of people are missing the point. This is not one to over-analyse; much of it is incomprehensible, and I hope a second viewing will make it easier to understand, but I'm not holding my breath.

Rather, this is one to sit back and relax and watch one of the most amazing athletes you will ever see. It's like watching a Bruce Lee film. Or ballet. The poetry of motion and all that. The extra with footage of Gina Carano in training is a must-watch too. And, by all accounts, she is a charming and centered person who just happens to enjoy pounding on opponents.

CW Hinkle
Shaded Dogfood is offline  
post #76 of 121 Old 07-06-2012, 01:10 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaded Dogfood View Post

this is one to sit back and relax and watch one of the most amazing athletes you will ever see. It's like watching a Bruce Lee film. Or ballet. The poetry of motion and all that.
Ballet is about music and dance.
Haywire isn't about music or dance, it's about a guy who has some kind of twisted sexual view with women on the fringes and gives them leads in his movies.
THAT is why Haywire is so "incomprehensible," he isn't trying to make a real movie with a real story.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #77 of 121 Old 07-06-2012, 01:24 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Shaded Dogfood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Terminus and the Lake of Light
Posts: 4,797
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Okay, the music is missing, but I maintain what Carano is pretty damn close to dancing. It's certainly choreographed.

And his sexual view is nowhere near as smarmy as what we get in the beloved Kick-Ass. Or so much of Woody Allen's later films. Or movies where women get torured in various ways. Haven't seen Oliver Stone's latest opus but I have my suspicions.

As far as no real story, well, you got me there. But it's an excercise in style nonetheless.

CW Hinkle
Shaded Dogfood is offline  
post #78 of 121 Old 07-06-2012, 01:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
gwsat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 14,427
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaded Dogfood View Post

Just managed to see this last night; now trying to set up a group viewing with fellow cinephiles/women-who-can-kick-your-butt-o-philes.
Seems to me lots of people are missing the point. This is not one to over-analyse; much of it is incomprehensible, and I hope a second viewing will make it easier to understand, but I'm not holding my breath.
Rather, this is one to sit back and relax and watch one of the most amazing athletes you will ever see. It's like watching a Bruce Lee film. Or ballet. The poetry of motion and all that. The extra with footage of Gina Carano in training is a must-watch too. And, by all accounts, she is a charming and centered person who just happens to enjoy pounding on opponents.
+1!
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Ballet is about music and dance.
Haywire isn't about music or dance, it's about a guy who has some kind of twisted sexual view with women on the fringes and gives them leads in his movies.
THAT is why Haywire is so "incomprehensible," he isn't trying to make a real movie with a real story.
As I mentioned earlier in the thread, there's a lot of Soderbergh's work I don't like either. In Haywire, though, I thought that Soderbergh did a great job of showcasing both Gina Carano's remarkable physical skills and her beauty. He told an exciting if somewhat muddled story, which was much improved by high production values, a superior supporting cast, and a laudably short runtime of 93 minutes. Soderbergh should do loud, dumb, and short more often.smile.gif
gwsat is offline  
post #79 of 121 Old 07-06-2012, 02:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
zoey67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: cloud9
Posts: 2,634
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

Soderbergh should do loud, dumb, and short more often.smile.gif
I think you got your wish with Magic mike
zoey67 is offline  
post #80 of 121 Old 07-06-2012, 03:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaded Dogfood View Post

Okay, the music is missing, but I maintain what Carano is pretty damn close to dancing. It's certainly choreographed.
I have to admit she does have some great moves and should be applauded for that.
Unfortunately, she didn't exhibit much screen presence.

Quote:
nowhere near as smarmy as what we get in the beloved Kick-Ass.
WOW, I never got that from KA.eek.gifconfused.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

+1!
As I mentioned earlier in the thread, there's a lot of Soderbergh's work I don't like either. In Haywire, though, I thought that Soderbergh did a great job of showcasing both Gina Carano's remarkable physical skills and her beauty. He told an exciting if somewhat muddled story, which was much improved by high production values, a superior supporting cast, and a laudably short runtime of 93 minutes. Soderbergh should do loud, dumb, and short more often.smile.gif
Well, he has been doing "dumb" for quite awhile now...tongue.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey67 View Post

I think you got your wish with Magic mike
Yeah, Magic Mike...here we go again.rolleyes.gif
One day we will read in the newspaper SS has been arrested for doing something very weird....in a public restroom or an airport.wink.gif

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #81 of 121 Old 07-06-2012, 08:17 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Shaded Dogfood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Terminus and the Lake of Light
Posts: 4,797
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Unfortunately, she didn't exhibit much screen presence.

I beg to differ. Various critics faulted her acting. I thought she did fine. As far as looping all her dialogue, well, DooDoo happens. I see extensive looping all the time.

I think her skills make her a natural actor. She did seductive when she needed to, and I thought the scenes with Fassbinder really smouldered. When she was in action she was a weird combination of total frenzied body control and an eerie stillness. And I loved seeing her run up walls.

imdb indicates she is in several projects now. I look forward to seeing more of her, she was my kind of woman. I like a woman that can make me mind. tongue.gif

CW Hinkle
Shaded Dogfood is offline  
post #82 of 121 Old 07-06-2012, 10:56 PM
AVS Special Member
 
inky blacks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,784
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This movie was shot on the horrible Red One Camera, so it looked dingy with poor color reproduction. The sound quality was below average as well.

The lead actress cannot act, and the plot was irrational and poorly scripted.

It is difficult to understand why the same director who produced Sex, Lies, and Videotape would bother filming such a poorly conceived project.
inky blacks is offline  
post #83 of 121 Old 07-07-2012, 12:49 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaded Dogfood View Post

Various critics faulted her acting. I thought she did fine.
For a relative amateur, I agree....she did OK.
BUT she has little 'screen presence' (or charisma, to be more precise).

As you said, the audio looping didn't help her cause....
Nevertheless, she didn't inspire me to want to sit thru the entire movie.wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by inky blacks View Post

It is difficult to understand why the same director who produced Sex, Lies, and Videotape would bother filming such a poorly conceived project.
*See my above posts.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #84 of 121 Old 07-07-2012, 06:10 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Shaded Dogfood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Terminus and the Lake of Light
Posts: 4,797
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 33
It is difficult to understand why the same director who produced Sex, Lies, and Videotape would bother filming such a poorly conceived project.

No it's not: Ocean's 11, 12, 13 + pitch: ``I want to do a Bourne movie with a good-looking woman MMA champion.''

$$$

And as far as her acting chops or charisma, well, one man's meat is another man's poison.

CW Hinkle
Shaded Dogfood is offline  
post #85 of 121 Old 07-10-2012, 01:40 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Fredrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,922
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
My verdict on this movie is........"was that it" ?

I've seen worse movies thats for sure.
But with that cast you would think that it would be interesting, it's not.
Except for some of the action scenes it's a pretty boring movie.
IMO it has a direct-to-video vibe over it.

Only possitive thing I can say is that I rented it smile.giftongue.gif

21:st century Karate Kid......Logon, Logoff, Logon, Logoff..
Fredrik is offline  
post #86 of 121 Old 07-10-2012, 12:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredrik View Post

IMO it has a direct-to-video vibe over it.
+1

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #87 of 121 Old 07-10-2012, 12:46 PM
Advanced Member
 
Scout's staff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 586
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 21
+2 - I made the mistake of buying it - the acting was so bad, I decided to fast forward to just watch the action scenes. I made it through in under 30 minutes
Scout's staff is offline  
post #88 of 121 Old 07-10-2012, 01:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Wytchone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: LaPlace, La.
Posts: 4,568
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout's staff View Post

+2 - I made the mistake of buying it - the acting was so bad, I decided to fast forward to just watch the action scenes. I made it through in under 30 minutes

Honest I did not watch it for the acting but for the action.
Wytchone is offline  
post #89 of 121 Old 07-10-2012, 02:30 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rezzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: The Matrix
Posts: 7,636
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I haven't yet seen this, but I knew in advance Tatum Channing is a suck actor.

"But I didn't do it...!"
"I knew you'd say that"...*BLAM!*
rezzy is offline  
post #90 of 121 Old 07-11-2012, 12:44 AM
AVS Special Member
 
zoey67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: cloud9
Posts: 2,634
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzy View Post

I haven't yet seen this, but I knew in advance Tatum Channing is a suck actor.
Trust me he wasn't even remotely why this movie failed miserably. But you have to envy the guy as probably the most promising and in the top A list of young actors working right now. I mean he can pretty much do anything...comedy like 21 jump st, romantic comedies, a historic period like the Eagle, junk stripper like Magic Mike, Blockbusters like GI joe, and even is not afraid to stoop down and do something like Haywire to help out his friend Carano 1st movie.

Tator tots Channing is a big asset to studios because he has so much diversity, he can do anything from Willis action to a Crowe Gladiaor to comedies. In the next 2 yrs he'll be in 2 huge blockbuster with Roland Emerich and the Wachowski bros. Can any actor young or old say that? I think it's not to bad to be in his shoes right about now and the future.

As a suck actor, I think that's a bit harsh. He's not a great technical actor like say Bale or Pacino but at this young age he's ahead of the curve of when Cruise, Pitt or Keanu reeves were at this age and will continue to get better as he grows and matures. If he was a stock, I would buy
zoey67 is offline  
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off