AVS Forum banner
4K views 51 replies 18 participants last post by  Scott Simonian 
#1 ·
A new twist on a familiar experience. Produced by Timur Bekmambetov (of Day Watch\\Night Watch and Wanted fame), written by one of the co-writers on Prometheus, and directed by Chris Gorak. Stars Emile Hirsch, Olivia Thirlby, Max Minghella, Rachael Taylor.

#3 ·
Judging by the lack of activity in this thread, I'm not sensing much love for this movie. I think it looks pretty cool. Yeah, I'm a fan of these kind of movies.

#4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman /forum/post/21367738

Judging by the lack of activity in this thread, I'm not sensing much love for this movie. I think it looks pretty cool. Yeah, I'm a fan of these kind of movies.

+1

I might just have to go to an ACTUAL movie theater for this.

#5 ·
PG-13? Are you kidding me? A giant horror movie and it is PG-13? Yet again, here we go. **** YOU Hollywood!

#8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman /forum/post/0

Lol. It's a tough crowd. Looks like just Oink and myself will be enjoying this sci-fi treat.

I'll be watching it too!

#12 ·
That too.

By the way, i saw Mi4 and Sherlock 2 this past weekend and both were a blast. And both were PG-13. They were appropriate for that rating. These horror and action sci-films with much more adult oriented content, made for PG-13, are crap because they should be R rated. Forcing all films into the PG-13 rating is just stupid.

#13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Stevens /forum/post/21375935

That too.

By the way, i saw Mi4 and Sherlock 2 this past weekend and both were a blast. And both were PG-13. They were appropriate for that rating. These horror and action sci-films with much more adult oriented content, made for PG-13, are crap because they should be R rated. Forcing all films into the PG-13 rating is just stupid.

You're g**damn'd right!

#16 ·
Holy crap shoot,..movies cannot get any worse than this. Besides the no plot, horrible script, cheap trick nickoldean student film f/x, is the horrendous acting. I can prob overlook a lot things but suck ass acting I cannot. You got the main star emile hirsch who comes from the Leo Decrapio over acting school of acting...jeesus how does this guy get to be in the movies? That kid from Skyline did a much better job. And the rest of the cast like those Russian gangs were like extras who the director said: hey guys you want to be in a big action movie?

What a joke! the aliens come in the form of 1940's sci-Fi electric current zap that transform into burned looking chihuahuas when shot at. Watch at your own risk, this is worst than some straight to video sci-fi/horror I've seen on showtime.

#17 ·
REALLY ZOEY????

This is just silly fun, nothing more.

I know EM is not very good (honestly, he is probably the worst of the bunch).

Popcorn stuff, not deep, lots of wine (may I recommend a good port?).

#18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey67 /forum/post/21916222

Holy crap shoot,..movies cannot get any worse than this. Besides the no plot, horrible script, cheap trick nickoldean student film f/x, is the horrendous acting. I can prob overlook a lot things but suck ass acting I cannot. You got the main star emile hirsch who comes from the Leo Decrapio over acting school of acting...jeesus how does this guy get to be in the movies? That kid from Skyline did a much better job. And the rest of the cast like those Russian gangs were like extras who the director said: hey guys you want to be in a big action movie?
Skyline? Really?

...well at least we can't miss your posts zoey, cause they always come from your overreacting school of posting

#19 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey67 /forum/post/21916222

What a joke! the aliens come in the form of 1940's sci-Fi electric current zap that transform into burned looking chihuahuas when shot at. Watch at your own risk, this is worst than some straight to video sci-fi/horror I've seen on showtime.

I don't know if im going to bother with this movie as a rental either.

#22 ·
I didn't think it was horrible, but it's nothing special. They definitely should have just gotten rid of the alien "reveal" shots towards the end. That was some really really bad CGI, which really put a whole damper/SyFy budget movie on the visuals since up to that point, it was pretty decent for a low-budget film (the orange electric, the shots of people turning to ash, etc).

Of course, you can nitpick it to death: I think they spent way too much time trying to build up characters, which very little payoff. For example, these guys are supposed to be tech geniuses, yet I waited the entire movie for them to come up with some sortof plan, which they never did. Same with the guy they run into that has built himself an entire cage and microwave gun? How did he know to do all of that and how did he have time? Why did the girl run 1/2 mile inland to hide in a bus instead of swimming 50 feet to the sub?

Regardless, while the film could use a lot of work with some parts re-written, it was worth a rental and I was mostly entertained.

#23 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman /forum/post/21917065

It's worth a rent, Franin. If for nothing else quality AQ/PQ.

Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mproper /forum/post/21917329

They definitely should have just gotten rid of the alien "reveal" shots towards the end. That was some really really bad CGI, which really put a whole damper/SyFy budget movie on the visuals since up to that point, it was pretty decent for a low-budget film (the orange electric, the shots of people turning to ash, etc).

Of course, you can nitpick it to death: I think they spent way too much time trying to build up characters, which very little payoff. For example, these guys are supposed to be tech geniuses, yet I waited the entire movie for them to come up with some sortof plan, which they never did. Same with the guy they run into that has built himself an entire cage and microwave gun? How did he know to do all of that and how did he have time? Why did the girl run 1/2 mile inland to hide in a bus instead of swimming 50 feet to the sub?

Regardless, while the film could use a lot of work with some parts re-written, it was worth a rental and I was mostly entertained.

You have summed it up nicely...agree with all your points.

#26 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehun /forum/post/21918068

Yeah, good audio is a must for me to consider this even for a rent. I will hold you that.

Lol. You'll enjoy the audio. To quote the Men's Warehouse guy, I guarantee it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin /forum/post/21921642

Ill have a look waboman i was just hoping for a good story to go with it.

If you want a good story watch MI4 instead.
Give this a rent. It's a decent popcorn movie.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.