Underworld: Awakening - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #91 of 145 Old 01-24-2012, 10:08 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Wytchone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: LaPlace, La.
Posts: 4,578
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinema13 View Post

Jeez, what is with the obsession with Kate smoking? Lots of people do. And she looks terrific! I'd buy her 10 cartons if she'd just have dinner with me!

Hey I like my women like my BBQ, SMOKED!
Wytchone is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 145 Old 01-24-2012, 10:29 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
Keenan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 28,045
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

For me it's books. Yet I keep doing it as well. I can't count how many copies of "Ben Hogan's Five Lessons" or "The Millennial Project" or "The Forever War" I've had to buy because I keep tossing them into those black holes. Sometimes I can't even remember who I lent them to; I just reach for them one day and they're gone. Again.

Yeah, books are definitely high on the list. And when you can't remember who you lent the item to you look like an idiot and insult your friends/family/neighbors at the same time by asking if you lent it to them, and insult their honor by insinuating they would borrow something and never return it.
Keenan is online now  
post #93 of 145 Old 01-24-2012, 02:27 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 814
Re-watched the prequel and the first UnderKateworld last nite in preparation for going tomorrow for the 3D.

I had forgotten just how terrific the lossless of the prequel is....the SW action is almost non-stop.

The AV quality differences between the 2 is very noticable, as is the color timing.
To be expected, I suppose.
Nevertheless, a ton of fun.

Tonite is #2.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #94 of 145 Old 01-24-2012, 08:36 PM
AVS Special Member
 
lordcloud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,308
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytchone View Post

I dont think we saw the same movie. Yes the movie was very entertaining but your statement about the biting. I found unfounded. Low budget? Not even close to say a SyFy release.

Other then Kate getting older (and still smoking I might add) her action scenes where very nice .

For a Vamp vs wolve movie part 4 (ok 3 ) its was fine. More then fine, I almost want to see it in 3d. Sucks you see a movie and then wonder after if
3D would have added more. (I doubt it but hey I think that way).

We saw the same movies, just with different eyes. The opening scenes looked really low budget to me, and the cgi was definitely not awesome. I'm not sure what you mean when you say that my statement about the biting was unfounded.

I LOVE MOVIES!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

 

lordcloud is offline  
post #95 of 145 Old 01-24-2012, 11:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Re-watched the prequel and the first UnderKateworld last nite in preparation for going tomorrow for the 3D.

I had forgotten just how terrific the lossless of the prequel is....the SW action is almost non-stop.

The AV quality differences between the 2 is very noticable, as is the color timing.
To be expected, I suppose.
Nevertheless, a ton of fun.

Tonite is #2.

Watched #2 (again) tonite.

I liked the explanation, in detail, of the vampire/werewolf origins and bloodlines, etc.

One small screw-up I noticed....for some reason (that defies logic), our heroes "forget" to bring the silver nitrate ammo to kill William in the final scene.
Oh well, somethin' is always forgotten when packing a suitcase....

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #96 of 145 Old 01-25-2012, 12:35 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Terraforming Planet Wabo
Posts: 6,637
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Re-watched the prequel and the first UnderKateworld last nite in preparation for going tomorrow for the 3D.

I had forgotten just how terrific the lossless of the prequel is....the SW action is almost non-stop.

The AV quality differences between the 2 is very noticable, as is the color timing.
To be expected, I suppose.
Nevertheless, a ton of fun.

Tonite is #2.

I'm jealous. It's been far too long since I watched the trilogy. I want to watch my Underworld BD's. But nooooooo! (Darth Vader). I don't have them. Word to the wise, kids. Careful who you loan your stuff to.

I'm planning on seeing Awakenings this week sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Watched #2 (again) tonite.

I liked the explanation, in detail, of the vampire/werewolf origins and bloodlines, etc.

One small screw-up I noticed....for some reason (that defies logic), our heroes "forget" to bring the silver nitrate ammo to kill William in the final scene.
Oh well, somethin' is always forgotten when packing a suitcase....

Now you're just rubbing it in.

Growing Older But Not Up
Waboman is online now  
post #97 of 145 Old 01-25-2012, 05:14 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Wytchone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: LaPlace, La.
Posts: 4,578
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordcloud View Post

We saw the same movies, just with different eyes. The opening scenes looked really low budget to me, and the cgi was definitely not awesome. I'm not sure what you mean when you say that my statement about the biting was unfounded.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Vamps did die from the bite. However Kate was able to bring at least one back to life.


Woot thought I fogot how to do spoiler tags!
Wytchone is offline  
post #98 of 145 Old 01-25-2012, 06:14 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,091
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

. Careful who you loan your stuff to.

Amen to that!

_________________________

Frank

Franin is online now  
post #99 of 145 Old 01-25-2012, 02:26 PM
AVS Special Member
 
lordcloud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,308
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytchone View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Vamps did die from the bite. However Kate was able to bring at least one back to life.


Woot thought I fogot how to do spoiler tags!

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
He died from multiple wounds during the fight with the uber werewolf. He got bitten previous to that and didn't die.

I LOVE MOVIES!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

 

lordcloud is offline  
post #100 of 145 Old 01-25-2012, 04:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 814
Just back from a 3D presentation.

In an attempt not to influence those who have yet to see the movie, I won't give my opinion of the movie outside SPOILER QUOTES.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

No question about it...this is the least of the 4 movies.
Kind of a downer for me, as I expected more from this sequel.

The Pluses: Constant fighting, constant gore, constant action.
This movie never lets up.

The Minuses:
Unlike the first 3, there really isn't much of a story here.
In fact, what we have is Act 1 of a 3 part movie.

Essentially, Awakenings (Act 1) is The Escape, stretched out to 88 minutes.
Act 2 will probably be The Search For And Re-unification With Michael.
Act 3 will be The Revenge.
At least, that is what my Crystal Ball is telling me....

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #101 of 145 Old 01-26-2012, 10:52 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Terraforming Planet Wabo
Posts: 6,637
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 280
Went to the 3D showing tonight. Kate is so damn hot.



Growing Older But Not Up
Waboman is online now  
post #102 of 145 Old 01-26-2012, 11:56 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Rammitinski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Des Plaines, IL
Posts: 17,437
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Looks like she brought her own, personal pair of "cigarette lighter" guns to the set.

(Couldn't resist. )
Rammitinski is offline  
post #103 of 145 Old 01-27-2012, 06:11 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jcmccorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Madison, AL, USA
Posts: 3,371
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Good one!

Cary
jcmccorm is offline  
post #104 of 145 Old 01-27-2012, 06:15 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,091
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

Went to the 3D showing tonight. Kate is so damn hot.



Have to agree there. If I was single I'd be more than happy to be bitten by Kate.

_________________________

Frank

Franin is online now  
post #105 of 145 Old 01-27-2012, 09:31 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Rach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,688
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Have to agree there. If I was single I'd be more than happy to be bitten by Kate.

Truer words have not been spoken...ok, recently.
Rach is offline  
post #106 of 145 Old 01-27-2012, 11:25 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Terraforming Planet Wabo
Posts: 6,637
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Have to agree there. If I was single I'd be more than happy to be bitten by Kate.

For some reason your comment made me think of the classic 80's vampire romp, Once Bitten. Starring a then unknown Jm Carrey and Lauren Hutton. Ah, good stuff, man. Good stuff.

Growing Older But Not Up
Waboman is online now  
post #107 of 145 Old 01-27-2012, 11:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

If I was single I'd be more than happy to be bitten by Kate.

At her age, I'm sure she has figured out how not to "bite."



OK, sorry guys...that was just naughty.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #108 of 145 Old 01-28-2012, 01:23 PM
Member
 
Lawrence Ng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 91
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

At her age, I'm sure she has figured out how not to "bite."

OK, sorry guys...that was just naughty.

Ouch.. ;p

Lol
Lawrence Ng is offline  
post #109 of 145 Old 01-28-2012, 02:52 PM
AVS Special Member
 
thehun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Wine country CA
Posts: 7,233
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Gee guys, movie going means only to "eyebang" the lead actress, then no wonder the quality we receive from LA LA land severely lacking.

The Hun
thehun is offline  
post #110 of 145 Old 01-28-2012, 05:00 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Fredrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,923
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Hehe, quoting a friend.

"They only need to put Kate in that suit/outfit on a revolving stage while she crawls around on it and I would still watch that movie"

21:st century Karate Kid......Logon, Logoff, Logon, Logoff..
Fredrik is offline  
post #111 of 145 Old 01-28-2012, 07:17 PM
AVS Special Member
 
thedeskE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 3,589
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Watched #2 (again) tonite.

I liked the explanation, in detail, of the vampire/werewolf origins and bloodlines, etc.

One small screw-up I noticed....for some reason (that defies logic), our heroes "forget" to bring the silver nitrate ammo to kill William in the final scene.
Oh well, somethin' is always forgotten when packing a suitcase....

Tony Curran & Steven Mackintosh Were fantastic. Just like the first where Nighy & Sheen outperformed or exposed the weakness of the script and main characters.

The 3rd film had no chance of being anything.
thedeskE is offline  
post #112 of 145 Old 01-28-2012, 11:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedeskE View Post

The 3rd film had no chance of being anything.

It could have, if a decent script was shot (instead of a third of one).

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #113 of 145 Old 01-29-2012, 04:43 PM
 
Auditor55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Silicon Valley, CA.
Posts: 8,795
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

Went to the 3D showing tonight. Kate is so damn hot.



Hot like a french frie because she weighs about same as one. That girl is seriously anorexic and looks drawned in. She needs to drinks some milk and eat some gravy, steak and mashed potatos.
Auditor55 is offline  
post #114 of 145 Old 01-29-2012, 06:17 PM
AVS Special Member
 
thedeskE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 3,589
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auditor55 View Post

Hot like a french frie because she weighs about same as one. That girl is seriously anorexic and looks drawned in. She needs to drinks some milk and eat some gravy, steak and mashed potatos.

Yes, poor skinny actress worth millions. Bet she shops at the same horrible grocery store we do.
Oh Yeah..
thedeskE is offline  
post #115 of 145 Old 01-29-2012, 06:21 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,558
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 40
I always thought that the actress who played Sonya in the third movie look much better than Kate. I'm surprised that she doesn't get mentioned.
jbug is offline  
post #116 of 145 Old 01-29-2012, 06:36 PM
AVS Special Member
 
thedeskE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 3,589
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug View Post

I always thought that the actress who played Sonya in the third movie look much better than Kate. I'm surprised that she doesn't get mentioned.

The film didn't help this opinion, valid or not.

I could make a safe guess and say the Kate fetish is pretty solid in this forum
thedeskE is offline  
post #117 of 145 Old 01-29-2012, 07:18 PM
Member
 
netudki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 115
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedeskE View Post


Yes, poor skinny actress worth millions. Bet she shops at the same horrible grocery store we do.
Oh Yeah..

Probably so when she in the US.
Whole (paycheck) foods market.
netudki is offline  
post #118 of 145 Old 01-29-2012, 07:24 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Morpheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montreal by day, Paris by night...
Posts: 6,473
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auditor55 View Post

Hot like a french frie because she weighs about same as one. That girl is seriously anorexic and looks drawned in

Seriously anorexic?
Morpheo is online now  
post #119 of 145 Old 01-29-2012, 07:37 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Rammitinski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Des Plaines, IL
Posts: 17,437
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auditor55 View Post

Hot like a french frie because she weighs about same as one. That girl is seriously anorexic and looks drawned in. She needs to drinks some milk and eat some gravy, steak and mashed potatos.

Instead of steak, will sausage do?
Rammitinski is offline  
post #120 of 145 Old 01-29-2012, 07:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,091
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammitinski View Post

Instead of steak, will sausage do?

she might like Aussie beef sausage.

_________________________

Frank

Franin is online now  
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off