AVS Forum banner

Men In Black 3 to be released in IMAX 3D

3K views 46 replies 23 participants last post by  3Doceangamer 
#1 ·
 http://collider.com/men-in-black-3-imax-release/114449/

As a quick reminder, the film is directed by franchise mainstay Barry Sonnenfeld and stars Will Smith, Tommy Lee Jones, Josh Brolin and Alice Eve. While plot details are not available in abundance, we do know that the film will feature a time-traveling element that sees Agent J (Smith) go back in time to save a young Agent K (Brolin) while averting a world-ending disaster.

#27 ·
Took my kids and a few of their friends to see this today... in 3D even.
I'll admit, I found it more entertaining than I had anticipated. It was a fun time.

#31 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedeskE /forum/post/22036109

It's somethin'

Production crew hanging out for months on the clock.

Mr Smith gotta eat! (or pay for his new galactic palace)

Prometheus came in 200 million less. Go figure that

Are you including worldwide marketing cost? That $375M number for MIB 3 includes production and WW marketing.

It is not uncommon for the marketing costs to equal the production cost of a movie.

#35 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kram Sacul /forum/post/22077235

Looking back at all the doom and gloom predictions in this thread is hilarious. Story is surprisingly good and the 3D conversion is very nice. Should look and sound awesome on BD.

Still a failure AFAIC as it's more of the same. The second was a mess, no way I'll pay to see the third.

#38 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kram Sacul /forum/post/22081402

IMO it's more in line with the original than the second film but it looks like you made up your mind before the movie was even released.

Agreed. This was a good movie. I would put this as the sequel that should have been and it ties itself nicely to the first film. I'll be buying the blu ray.

#41 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbuudo07 /forum/post/22082919

Agreed. This was a good movie. I would put this as the sequel that should have been and it ties itself nicely to the first film. I'll be buying the blu ray.

I had to work Sunday. The little woman took my daughter to see it. She's the the type who could care less what critics say about the movie. She said she and my daughter LOVED it. She even shed a tear at the end. She then said I HAVE to get the blu-ray when it comes out.

I put a lot of faith on what she likes because she's the only woman I know who loves watching the Three Stooges.

#42 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudge981 /forum/post/22099376

I had to work Sunday. The little woman took my daughter to see it. She's the the type who could care less what critics say about the movie. She said she and my daughter LOVED it. She even shed a tear at the end. She then said I HAVE to get the blu-ray when it comes out.

I put a lot of faith on what she likes because she's the only woman I know who loves watching the Three Stooges.

THAT'S A RARE AND GOOD WOMAN! Hang on to her for the next 50-60 years.

#43 ·
Watched today in IMAX 3D and was impressed.

Although some of the shots seemed a little soft, overall, it looks good.

The movie is well-written IMO.

Unless my memory is faulty, not as much comedy as the other 2.

In fact, it often seemed like an Action/Adventure movie.

#44 ·
Watched today in IMAX 3D and was impressed.

Although some of the shots look a little soft, overall, it looks good.

The movie is well-written IMO.

Unless my memory is faulty, not as much comedy as the other 2.

In fact, it often seemed like an Action/Adventure movie.

Saw the Spidey trailer and the 3D stuff looks amazing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.