AVS Forum banner

Men In Black 3 to be released in IMAX 3D

3K views 46 replies 23 participants last post by  3Doceangamer 
#1 ·
 http://collider.com/men-in-black-3-imax-release/114449/

As a quick reminder, the film is directed by franchise mainstay Barry Sonnenfeld and stars Will Smith, Tommy Lee Jones, Josh Brolin and Alice Eve. While plot details are not available in abundance, we do know that the film will feature a time-traveling element that sees Agent J (Smith) go back in time to save a young Agent K (Brolin) while averting a world-ending disaster.

#4 ·
One of the most troubled productions in recent memory. All the makings of a huge disaster and after the lame, not-funny MiB2, who the hell thought this was a good idea?

#10 ·
Here's the latest from the LA Times today:

"Despite all of the film's obstacles, Sony executives believe they have a hit on their hands. Pre-release "tracking" surveys indicate that moviegoers' interest in "Men in Black 3" is solid if not spectacular in the United States, and is through the roof across Europe and in such fast-growing markets as Russia and Brazil. Today, overseas ticket sales for big 3-D Hollywood movies frequently outsize their take at the North American box office. And Smith is a proven box-office draw around the world."

But with a cost of $375 million (including worldwide marketing), I'm wondering if Sony has a "John Carter" on their hands?

#11 ·
375 million!!!!!! Holy ****. That is just criminal.

#19 ·
I screened it today and enjoyed it. Much better than the second movie. Not quite as good as the first, but the gap isn't huge. Good post-production 3D as well.

#20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink /forum/post/22053243

$375m....man, that's a lot of dough....

But that includes marketing right? The article mentions a production budget of $250... Most of the biggest blockbusters are probably above $300 millions easily when marketing costs are added.

#21 ·
Marketing used to be the same amount as the production costs. But when I read that production costs were at $100M. Since then the production costs has gone up, and I dont know if marketing has increased with the same proportions.

Do anybody know what the avarage marketing costs are for a big budget movie today?

#23 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.