Premium Rush - starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 09-16-2011, 02:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
A big city action thriller written and directed by David Koepp, also starring Michael Shannon, Jamie Chung, and Aasif Mandvi.

In Manhattan, a bike messenger (Gordon-Levitt) picks up an envelope that attracts the interest of a dirty cop (Shannon), who pursues the cyclist throughout the city.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-28-2012, 05:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 297
Watched the BD last night. Do not buy. Actually, I think you can skip the rental. Immediately after watching this I thought it would be worth the rental, but this morning I can’t see wasting your time. This was a weak, unrealistic script, which leads to it being poorly acted, and it tried to be too be cute.

I was very disappointed because I thought the trailer looked really good so I had high expectations, but at the end I was left with nothing. And talk about a movie where you didn’t care about any of the characters; this is it. I really like Michael Shannon, who was better than anyone, but his talents were wasted.

Looking at IMDb, it confirmed my thought that this was targeted for the 18-25 crowd, not that there is anything wrong with that or that I can’t enjoy a movie in that target range, but I knew early on that this was going to fall way short for me. Of course, YMMV.
post #3 of 5 Old 01-02-2013, 03:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 38
I'm sure I read a description somewhere (Redbox?) stating the genre was sci-fi. Wrong. After seeing Levitt in what I thought was a good Batman movie, but a mediocre Looper, I decided to give him one more spin. I don't quite know what to call this, because it doesn't seem to know what it wants to be. Would've probably worked better as an out and out wacky comedy, though.

Save your money and watch it on cable on a slow night.

"I knew you'd say that"...*BLAM!*
post #4 of 5 Old 01-03-2013, 11:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 724
post #5 of 5 Old 01-05-2013, 09:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Agree that the plot is lightweight and invites many questions. Michael Shannon once again takes on the role of a psychotic personality...which seems to be his calling. We watched a rental last night and the best scenes were the POV street traffic shots in NYC. It's amazing that they got the city to section off these areas in the middle of summer for their orchestrated action scenes. Good rental, iffy purchase.

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Movies

Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page