Man on a Ledge - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 20 Old 09-23-2011, 11:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
New drama thriller from director Asger Leth, starring Sam Worthington, Jamie Bell, Ed Harris, Elizabeth Banks, Kyra Sedgwick, Anthony Mackie, and Ed Burns.

An ex-cop framed turned con threatens to jump to his death from a Manhattan hotel rooftop.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 09-23-2011, 02:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Looks very nice..I like the cinematography and direction. Some hot looking bodies too
post #3 of 20 Old 05-11-2012, 10:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Howd this one turn out? Rent? or Preorder?

No subwoofer I've heard has been able to produce the bass I've experienced in the Corps!

Must..stop...buying...every bluray release...
post #4 of 20 Old 05-17-2012, 06:15 AM
CIH USER

Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokekevin View Post

Howd this one turn out? Rent? or Preorder?

+1 zoey as pokekevin said.

Frank

post #5 of 20 Old 05-17-2012, 06:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
I can't see this as more than a rental...this kind of movie has been done numerous times.
post #6 of 20 Old 05-17-2012, 07:11 AM
AVS Special Member

I'll gladly give my 2 cents on the 29th for Man on a ledge but 1st there are 2 supposedly good releases next tue This means war & the woman in black so I'll def watch and report back on those.
post #7 of 20 Old 05-17-2012, 11:26 AM
Bass Enabler

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)
Liked: 820
Saw this in theaters... worth a rent at the least.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- direct pod link

- main website

post #8 of 20 Old 05-17-2012, 12:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Yeah, it's a rental. It was okay but the scene where---

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
the guy went to the hidden safe to see if the diamond was stolen was too far fetched. What made the thieves think he would take it out. I don't think it was ever inferred that he was the typed of person that would do that. He was an a-hole but that action was out of character for someone who orchestrated the whole heist story in the first place. Why would he deviate from a calculating character? What if he didn't? That's when I mentally stepped out of the movie.
post #9 of 20 Old 05-31-2012, 06:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Inside man meets The game, this movie will draw you in and make you want to watch to see what happens and keep you guessing. Overall it's something worth seeing once because in retrospect it does seem a bit contrived and "gimmicky" and will make you ask the question: how did he, how did she,...how-how-how did that transpire. I give them an A for effort because it does feel like they put a lot effort into the plot but maybe it was a bit too much.

But none of that really matters because for all you normal hot blooded male viewers the price of admission is worth it alone for his sister-in law Angie character is just smoking white HAWT!! I mean hot with a bodacious body and not a bad actress either for this virtual newcomer...maybe even hotter than Megan fox and IMO more talented than Jessica alba. I really hope she will replace all the roles Michele rodriguez gets in the future.
post #10 of 20 Old 05-31-2012, 07:08 AM
CIH USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey67 View Post

Inside man meets The game, this movie will draw you in and make you want to watch to see what happens and keep you guessing. Overall it's something worth seeing once because in retrospect it does seem a bit contrived and "gimmicky" and will make you ask the question: how did he, how did she,...how-how-how did that transpire. I give them an A for effort because it does feel like they put a lot effort into the plot but maybe it was a bit too much.

But none of that really matters because for all you normal hot blooded male viewers the price of admission is worth it alone for his sister-in law Angie character is just smoking white HAWT!! I mean hot with a bodacious body and not a bad actress either for this virtual newcomer...maybe even hotter than Megan fox and IMO more talented than Jessica alba. I really hope she will replace all the roles Michele rodriguez gets in the future.

Thanks for that Zoey

Frank

post #11 of 20 Old 05-31-2012, 09:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Agree - rental stuff

Scenes with Ed Harris bring it down a little. Typically he's great, but not here. The rest of the cast is good IMO.
post #12 of 20 Old 06-07-2012, 10:57 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey67 View Post

+10000000000000000000000000000 biggrin.gif

Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support
group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar.
-Drew Carey

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
-Unknown

post #13 of 20 Old 06-07-2012, 12:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Ed Harris did not look well in this film.

Matt
post #14 of 20 Old 06-13-2012, 05:20 AM
CIH USER

Finally got a chance to rent this looking forward in watching this tonight.

Frank

post #15 of 20 Old 06-13-2012, 11:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 63
We watched this last week. We enjoyed it although I think they rushed the ending to tie up the loose ends, which for me lowered the overall enjoyment.
As soon as I saw the William Sadler as the concierge I knew he would have a larger role. It unusual to have a known actor play what at first seemed like an insignificant role.
post #16 of 20 Old 06-13-2012, 04:42 PM
CIH USER

Watched this last night I really enjoyed it, kept me interested right to the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey67 View Post

Zoey67 you are 500000000000+ right she is hot. This movie is a rental but its worth paying $10 just to see her again.

Just checked the blu ray cover her name is Genesis Rodriguez.

Frank

post #17 of 20 Old 06-13-2012, 04:45 PM
CIH USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattg3 View Post

Ed Harris did not look well in this film.

I thought the same thing when I saw him it reminded me of Pete Postlethwaite when I saw him in Clash Of The Titans. I like Ed Harris I hope hes ok.

Frank

post #18 of 20 Old 06-17-2012, 04:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
I enjoyed this one - good heist movie. Reminded me of a movie from a while back.....Phone Booth with Colin Farrell.
post #19 of 20 Old 04-25-2013, 11:21 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 494
Man on a Ledge finally showed up on TV last night, on Showtime, so I watched it. I am almost embarrassed to confess that I was entertained. To say that the film is dumber than rocks is to insult rocks. Nevertheless, thanks to an excellent ensemble cast and a never-a-dull-moment story, I enjoyed it. What can I say? My standards are low when it comes to loud, fast moving films, dumb though they may be. I gave Man on a Ledge 7 Stars out of 10 but before you make too much of that, consider the source.smile.gif More seriously, unless you are willing to rise above more than a few cringeworthy moments, stay far away from Man on a Ledge but if you can celebrate the exciting story and slick production values without being turned off by its silliness watching it can be a well spent hour and 45 minutes.
post #20 of 20 Old 04-27-2013, 02:54 AM
CIH USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

Man on a Ledge finally showed up on TV last night, on Showtime, so I watched it. I am almost embarrassed to confess that I was entertained. To say that the film is dumber than rocks is to insult rocks. Nevertheless, thanks to an excellent ensemble cast and a never-a-dull-moment story, I enjoyed it. What can I say? My standards are low when it comes to loud, fast moving films, dumb though they may be. I gave Man on a Ledge 7 Stars out of 10 but before you make too much of that, consider the source.smile.gif More seriously, unless you are willing to rise above more than a few cringeworthy moments, stay far away from Man on a Ledge but if you can celebrate the exciting story and slick production values without being turned off by its silliness watching it can be a well spent hour and 45 minutes.

I did not mind Man On a Ledge I thought it was quite good. Its a good film to kick back and watch and be entertained. I will watch again. smile.gif

Frank

Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page