Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post

Saving Private Ryan

nuff said

Sorry, I forgot SPR...

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 97 Old 03-05-2012, 10:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 341
I went and saw this yesterday and thought it wasn't half bad. Sure it wasn't Black Hawk Down, Private Ryan, Hurt Locker, etc. but as a gun nut I certainly appreciated seeing a movie where proper weapons handling and tactics are used to illustrate battle scenes.

I would have liked more from the script but the acting was tolerable. I think the first person perspective was cool and it's unfortunate that the gaming world has devalued that camera angle because that is about as close as it will get to seeing what a soldier sees from the stock of his M4.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #93 of 97 Old 03-05-2012, 11:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

I went and saw this yesterday and thought it wasn't half bad. Sure it wasn't Black Hawk Down, Private Ryan, Hurt Locker, etc. but as a gun nut I certainly appreciated seeing a movie where proper weapons handling and tactics are used to illustrate battle scenes.

I would have liked more from the script but the acting was tolerable. I think the first person perspective was cool and it's unfortunate that the gaming world has devalued that camera angle because that is about as close as it will get to seeing what a soldier sees from the stock of his M4.

I questioned the tactics those "seals" displayed in the movie lol. Did like the boat scene though

No subwoofer I've heard has been able to produce the bass I've experienced in the Corps!

Must..stop...buying...every bluray release...
post #94 of 97 Old 03-05-2012, 12:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Obviously there was plenty nonsense thrown in to make it a movie but it was refreshing to see some proper weapons handling, (some questionable corner checking) etc., but all in all pretty solid I thought.

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

post #95 of 97 Old 03-05-2012, 01:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Obviously there was plenty nonsense thrown in to make it a movie but it was refreshing to see some proper weapons handling, (some questionable corner checking) etc., but all in all pretty solid I thought.

Exactly what I thought haha

No subwoofer I've heard has been able to produce the bass I've experienced in the Corps!

post #96 of 97 Old 03-05-2012, 02:06 PM
Bass Enabler

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Liked: 814
Quote:

Something that could easily be pull off by decent enough actors and quality military consultation, imho. These guys are decent chaps. They have the look and sound but shouldn't have been the stars of a movie.

BHD is imo the benchmark for how well this can be pulled off.

Was anyone else disappointed in the sound other than Kevin and I?

And another thing... why did all the explosives have to have some dramatic fireball? Agghh, wtf! I thought they were going for realism? Each time an RPG was shot or frag was thrown I'd . That RPG wasn't a dud either, it just didn't go beyond arming range.

Ha! I'm such a dork.

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

- direct pod link

- main website

post #97 of 97 Old 03-05-2012, 03:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post

Something that could easily be pull off by decent enough actors and quality military consultation, imho. These guys are decent chaps. They have the look and sound but shouldn't have been the stars of a movie.

BHD is imo the benchmark for how well this can be pulled off.

Was anyone else disappointed in the sound other than Kevin and I?

And another thing... why did all the explosives have to have some dramatic fireball? Agghh, wtf! I thought they were going for realism? Each time an RPG was shot or frag was thrown I'd . That RPG wasn't a dud either, it just didn't go beyond arming range.

Ha! I'm such a dork.

Frag nades don't make fire balls too haha

And the ravens suck...

Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page