Wrath of the Titans - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 65 Old 07-07-2012, 07:00 PM
CIH USER

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 205
From what i saw last night is wasn't too bad, unfortunately son was sick so will have to watch it another time.

Frank

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 65 Old 07-10-2012, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post

Not a fan...
Watched it tonight with the family and no one understood what was going on. If I didn't have an extensive mythology background, I would have had no idea what was going on either. As it was, I didn't really like the story either. One of my biggest gripes is lazy writing. Every time there is a scene in a movie where an army is point their bow at something, I cringe in fear of hearing "hold your fire".
Same here, I have no idea how this has better reviews than the 1st one. This one IMO is gong backwards, I didn't like it one bit. I honestly thought the 1st one was alright, this one bored me to death. Ironically it looked promising from the trailer as I noted earlier but I hope they just put this thing to bed and be done with it. Maybe reboot it in 5 yrs or so.
post #63 of 65 Old 07-10-2012, 08:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey67 View Post

Same here, I have no idea how this has better reviews than the 1st one. This one IMO is gong backwards, I didn't like it one bit. I honestly thought the 1st one was alright, this one bored me to death. Ironically it looked promising from the trailer as I noted earlier but I hope they just put this thing to bed and be done with it. Maybe reboot it in 5 yrs or so.
- I was hoping that WotT was going to have a God of War vibe to it, but sadly, the story in the video game trilogy is far more engaging and interesting than the movie.
post #64 of 65 Old 07-12-2012, 05:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 39
I'm not sure what extensive knowledge of Greek mythology one needs to follow this simple story really.To be blunt basic knowledge of both Greek and Roman mythology should be part of anybody's education. Having said that there could have been a better prologue maybe to explain who Kronos was , and why was he imprisoned by his own sons.
I did find this a notch below of "Clash" mostly because it felt less epic, and the fight scenes just lacked any excitement , especially between Perseus, and Ares. Rosamund Pike was wasted on this, and Bill Nighy recycled some of his acting styles from Underworld. Surprisingly both Fiennes, and Neeson did better then expected based on the first film, I guess they got something to work with.Audio was a knock out for sure.

sent via Morse code...........

The Hun
post #65 of 65 Old 07-12-2012, 06:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 23
This movie was worst than the first I turned it off midway because the dialogue was so awful.
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page