Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 02-11-2012, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 101

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjbvH9OtbrE

Plot: During Second Manchu invasion of Korea, one village is attacked by Manchurian soldiers. Manchurian kidnap Ja-in on her wedding day with her childhood sweetheart Seo-Goon. Her brother Nam-Yi defeats the enemy and save his sister and the other Korean victims with only one bow.

Looks like some good actiono to me and it got a few nominations over in Korea. Will get it when it comes out

No subwoofer I've heard has been able to produce the bass I've experienced in the Corps!

Must..stop...buying...every bluray release...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 02-11-2012, 11:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 64
let us know when you get it and give a short review. Looks promising but I'm pretty sure it's another House of flying daggers aftermath.
post #3 of 9 Old 02-11-2012, 11:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Saw it just earlier at a friends house. Its a korean film and not chinese if that gives you a hint (reference to house of flying daggers). All of us had the same thought too at the end lol.

Overall the action was pretty good. Some pretty good LFE scenes. Story wasn't bad but wasn't great. It's definitely being added to my foreign film collection

No subwoofer I've heard has been able to produce the bass I've experienced in the Corps!

Must..stop...buying...every bluray release...
post #4 of 9 Old 03-20-2012, 04:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 64
HOuse of daggers was a near freakin masterpiece great ride so I'm hoping and praying this will equal or surpass it when it's released next tue.
post #5 of 9 Old 08-15-2012, 03:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I saw this movie yesterday on BluRay. The picture looked great and except for a mediocre CGI scene, really enjoyed the movie. The movie started a little slowly to build the background story and characters, but it picks up really quickly. The fight sequences using a bow and arrow were simply exhilarating. It had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. Robin Hood could learn a thing or two from this movie. One really refreshing thing was that the bad guys were actually skilled, determined and intelligent.

This was a blind buy for me and I look forward to watching it again.
post #6 of 9 Old 08-15-2012, 04:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post

I saw this movie yesterday on BluRay. The picture looked great and except for a mediocre CGI scene, really enjoyed the movie. The movie started a little slowly to build the background story and characters, but it picks up really quickly. The fight sequences using a bow and arrow were simply exhilarating. It had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. Robin Hood could learn a thing or two from this movie. One really refreshing thing was that the bad guys were actually skilled, determined and intelligent.
This was a blind buy for me and I look forward to watching it again.
I enjoyed this as well and will watch again (bought the BD).

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
post #7 of 9 Old 08-15-2012, 04:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Was a pleasant surprise.

If you have Netflix you can stream it in HD, not as good as the BD, but very watchable.

http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/70225528?strkid=1156647276_0_0&trkid=222336&movieid=70225528

The Mod Squad: New vs. Classic TV Series Opening
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 9 Old 08-15-2012, 05:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I did a little research because the Manchurians didn't seem to be speaking Korean in the movie, nor did they seem to be speaking Mandarin. Very impressive!

Manchu: The dead language is revived in "War of the Arrows"
During the planning stages of "War of the Arrows", Director Kim Han-min decided to introduce the Manchu language in order to portray a more realistic historical depiction of the ‘Manchu War of 1636.’ Even as a dead language in present day China, Manchu is used by only a handful of people today. Every single actor portrayed as a Manchurian had to take an extensive language course before production in order to accurately portray the Manchu language throughout the film.

http://www.arrow2011.com/p/about-arrowthe-ultimate-weapon.html
post #9 of 9 Old 08-16-2012, 12:35 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post

I did a little research because the Manchurians didn't seem to be speaking Korean in the movie, nor did they seem to be speaking Mandarin. Very impressive!
I didn't know that (now I know why I was having problems identifying the language rolleyes.gifredface.gif).

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page