Get The Gringo -- starring Mel Gibson - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #31 of 54 Old 07-27-2012, 01:56 PM
Advanced Member
 
grubadub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 985
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
redbox is showing an august 14 date for this
grubadub is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 54 Old 08-03-2012, 11:55 PM
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,257
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Bought it on a blind buy.

_________________________

Frank

Franin is offline  
post #33 of 54 Old 08-04-2012, 01:56 AM
AVS Special Member
 
General Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kalifornistan
Posts: 5,913
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

REALLY liked this one...tons of fun.
Good popcorn flick.
MG is in his "Goof" mode and it works perfectly.
Very funny, lots of drama, an original story.
What's not to like?smile.gif
]
I agree but didn't you think it was a but like Payback in Mexico?


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

 


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

General Kenobi is offline  
post #34 of 54 Old 08-04-2012, 04:20 AM
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,257
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

REALLY liked this one...tons of fun.
Good popcorn flick.
MG is in his "Goof" mode and it works perfectly.
Very funny, lots of drama, an original story.
What's not to like?smile.gif

Thats good to read looking forward to it.

_________________________

Frank

Franin is offline  
post #35 of 54 Old 08-04-2012, 09:06 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

I agree but didn't you think it was a but like Payback in Mexico?
MG is in his Payback Goof Mode.
However, the plot itself doesn't remind me of Payback at all. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The movie takes place almost exclusively in a nasty prison in ol' Mexico.
And there is much more of an emphasis on comedy than Payback.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #36 of 54 Old 08-07-2012, 03:50 AM
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,257
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Received my copy, looking forward in watching it tonight.

_________________________

Frank

Franin is offline  
post #37 of 54 Old 08-09-2012, 09:08 AM
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,257
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Watched it tonight instead, really enjoyed it. Definitely has replay value for me.

_________________________

Frank

Franin is offline  
post #38 of 54 Old 08-09-2012, 10:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Definitely has replay value for me.
Me too.smile.gif

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #39 of 54 Old 08-18-2012, 12:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
zoey67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: cloud9
Posts: 2,644
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Get the Gringo is Mel in his element,..adventure, violence, humorous, grim reality. I mean how can you NOT like this if you're a movie fan unless you're one those appalled by his personal life drama. I don't care,,he makes the best movies whether he's in them or directing and is truly one of the last Mohicans in today's short list of scrubs. Enjoy guys like him and Arnold before it's gone.

That said looking forward to his next project which is that Viking film Berserk which will probably be another great period film along the lines of Braveheart.
zoey67 is offline  
post #40 of 54 Old 08-18-2012, 12:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey67 View Post

Get the Gringo is Mel in his element,..adventure, violence, humorous, grim reality. I mean how can you NOT like this if you're a movie fan unless you're one those appalled by his personal life drama. I don't care,,he makes the best movies whether he's in them or directing and is truly one of the last Mohicans in today's short list of scrubs. Enjoy guys like him and Arnold before it's gone.
+1

Quote:
That said looking forward to his next project which is that Viking film Berserk which will probably be another great period film along the lines of Braveheart.
I hadn't heard about this...is he directing?

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #41 of 54 Old 08-19-2012, 12:03 PM
AVS Special Member
 
zoey67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: cloud9
Posts: 2,644
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

+1
I hadn't heard about this...is he directing?
I think so cause in the interview he said he has been laboring with the scrip for a long time and he said it's coming along really good and he's very proud and excited about getting it on the ball. I hope so, Mel and Clint to me are one the rare guys who are equally good in front or behind the camara and when they get it right and in their zone,..they hit it out of the ball park.
zoey67 is offline  
post #42 of 54 Old 08-20-2012, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member
 
cinema13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,654
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Last I heard, he was in the middle of casting...but then, after the public release of his verbal battles, many actors (including either DiCaprio or Damon...I forget which one was attached) bailed! SAcrew 'em! He doesn't need big stars. After all, aside from Mel and Patrick McGoohan, big names weren't needed for BRAVEHEART (much less APOCALYPTO.) I just hope he can attain the financing to get the ball rolling.

cinema13 is offline  
post #43 of 54 Old 08-20-2012, 03:23 PM
Advanced Member
 
ratpacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 767
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinema13 View Post

Last I heard, he was in the middle of casting...but then, after the public release of his verbal battles, many actors (including either DiCaprio or Damon...I forget which one was attached) bailed! SAcrew 'em! He doesn't need big stars. After all, aside from Mel and Patrick McGoohan, big names weren't needed for BRAVEHEART (much less APOCALYPTO.) I just hope he can attain the financing to get the ball rolling.

If a bit of political incorrectness was all it took to keep Matt and Leo out of movies, I wish more film makers would shoot some lip.

XBL GT: deathpallie
ratpacker is offline  
post #44 of 54 Old 08-23-2012, 07:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Terraforming Planet Wabo
Posts: 6,925
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked: 490
I just received this movie from Blockbuster online. Don't know too much about it, but it looks fun.

Growing Older But Not Up
Waboman is online now  
post #45 of 54 Old 08-23-2012, 07:28 PM
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,257
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

I just received this movie from Blockbuster online. Don't know too much about it, but it looks fun.

It's awesome mate.

_________________________

Frank

Franin is offline  
post #46 of 54 Old 08-23-2012, 07:36 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Terraforming Planet Wabo
Posts: 6,925
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

It's awesome mate.

That's good to hear. I'm looking forward to watching it.

Was this released in theaters? Or straight to video?

Growing Older But Not Up
Waboman is online now  
post #47 of 54 Old 08-23-2012, 09:05 PM
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,257
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 205
I never saw any marketing for it for theatre release over here. I thought it went straight to blu. Its better than some movies out there.cool.gif

_________________________

Frank

Franin is offline  
post #48 of 54 Old 08-23-2012, 11:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

I never saw any marketing for it for theatre release over here. I thought it went straight to blu. Its better than some movies out there.cool.gif
Agreed.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #49 of 54 Old 08-24-2012, 08:14 AM
AVS Special Member
 
iamian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Burbank, CA
Posts: 1,044
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

It's awesome mate.
It's alright.


iamian is offline  
post #50 of 54 Old 08-24-2012, 08:45 AM
AVS Special Member
 
General Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kalifornistan
Posts: 5,913
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

I never saw any marketing for it for theatre release over here. I thought it went straight to blu. Its better than some movies out there.cool.gif
+1
Not sure what the deal was with that. I thought I'd read that they planned to do some mass VOD campaign to see what a straight to VOD release would do but when the date came it was nowhere to be found and I never saw a single ad for it... pretty lame.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

 


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

General Kenobi is offline  
post #51 of 54 Old 08-24-2012, 11:29 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

+1
Not sure what the deal was with that. I thought I'd read that they planned to do some mass VOD campaign to see what a straight to VOD release would do but when the date came it was nowhere to be found and I never saw a single ad for it... pretty lame.
I think the main reason is the Anti-Gibson attitude in Hollywood right now.
Many powerful movers and shakers are not fond of him.....

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #52 of 54 Old 08-24-2012, 11:54 AM
AVS Special Member
 
General Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kalifornistan
Posts: 5,913
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

I think the main reason is the Anti-Gibson attitude in Hollywood right now.
Many powerful movers and shakers are not fond of him.....
He's given them good reason but I would have hoped Robert Downey Jr.'s kind words would have resonated a bit more with the Hollywood so-called advocates of tolerance and second chances. Additionally, you'd think Icon would have had more interest in promoting the film and getting a return.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

 


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

General Kenobi is offline  
post #53 of 54 Old 08-24-2012, 11:58 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

He's given them good reason but I would have hoped Robert Downey Jr.'s kind words would have resonated a bit more with the Hollywood so-called advocates of tolerance and second chances. Additionally, you'd think Icon would have had more interest in promoting the film and getting a return.
Attacking The Tribe is not a very smart thing to do....

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #54 of 54 Old 08-28-2012, 04:22 PM
Advanced Member
 
ratpacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 767
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Attacking The Tribe is not a very smart thing to do....

Yeah just ask Charile Sheen. Blow, booze and hookers are no big deal, but call one of you're bosses by his birth name and it's game over. A self destructive lifestyle that's tabloid fodder and who cares? A politicaly incorrect jab at your boss while no doubt in a drug induced haze and you're Satan himself. Just ask ol' Mel.

XBL GT: deathpallie
ratpacker is offline  
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off