post #31 of 41 Old 06-22-2012, 08:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Stevens View Post

It's a fantasy film. Getting pissed off about historical liberties is really nuts.

Then again, I almost yelled at the screen during the opening of THE MUMMY when they showed the pyramids without their limestone shell, obviously thinking that modern audiences would not understand why they don't look like they do today.

Modern audience is still a different species than "target audience"... wink.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 Old 06-22-2012, 11:35 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaded Dogfood View Post

Showing a finished Washington Monument during the Civil War makes me suspect they're stretching the truth with other parts of this movie too.
It was under construction in the trailer I saw yesterday.
Slave vampires finished it at super-vamp-speed.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
post #33 of 41 Old 06-29-2012, 08:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 41
THis is a fun movie.
The fight scenes are done very well. They took the fighting style of the America at the time and put a odern spin on it.
Over the top? Yes
But it has Vampries in it what do you expect.
post #34 of 41 Old 07-04-2012, 01:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I was not expecting an oscar caliber film, but this was pretty disappointing, dull and boring. The action scenes were well done, just like other Timur movies.

I keep wanting to give Timur B a chance, but all of his movies have been BORING. He's just not pacing these films right.
post #35 of 41 Old 12-20-2012, 12:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Got look at this last night....

THE GOOD:
Goofy, serious axe work
Alternate explanations for historical events/people
Decapitations

THE BAD:
Lousy editing
Screenplay lacks polish
1950s in-your-face 3D effects

Overall, it's a fun,one time, turn your brain off, beer(lots) and/or bong and cheetos movie.

This may be the start of a series featuring dead presidents in otherworldly adventures.
Here is the next in line:
http://www.cracked.com/photoplasty_399_20-prequels-too-awesome-to-exist_p20/#1

post #36 of 41 Old 12-20-2012, 02:38 PM

The dying vampire plantation owner speaking to Abe after the big horse stampede battle:

"There's thousands of us here...we wont stop until the whole country is ours...and they'll be coming for you now...ask your friend...Henry (Henry Sturges, a rebel vampire opposed to the leader and allied with Abe)...hahaha..."

"YAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!"

That was Abe swinging the final axe blow to kill him biggrin.gif

A lot of people say there were slow parts...where? The action scenes are eveny dispersed throughout the movie. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Young Abe goes to the young slave's aid...witnesses his mom's death...shortly after that, with NO lull, he meets "Henry", and attempts to take out his mother's killer, the vampire plantation guy...no lull, as Henry trains him to kill vampires...now, Henry sends him off to a town to blend in...you could say it slows here, but as he's blending, by night he's hunting down and killing Henry's designated targets...still doesnt slow down . Abe discovers Henry is also a vampire...flashback to Henry bitten by the Vampire leader...Henry gives Abe the okay, finally, to go after the plantation vampire...WILD horse stampede battle biggrin.gif...Abe recues his friend in a big slavehouse fight...Abe parts ways with Henry once he discovers he's a vampire, and it goes off into Abe putting the axe down to go into politics to end slavery...it doesnt drag, and you may even find it interesting if you're into history...the focus QUICKLY shifts back to vampires, as they are used by the south to fight in the civil war smile.gif...Abe is brought back into swinging the axe...then comes the BIG train battle, the vampires trying to stop Abe's silver shipment to the North soldiers...Vampires defeated, silver gets to the soldiers, we get the ending of the civil war smile.gif...I just dont see the long lulls in excitement. Abe's very brief departure into the white house campaign killed you? I see a movie where theres necessary breaks to build thevstage fir more bloodshed biggrin.gif
post #37 of 41 Old 12-20-2012, 04:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreHD View Post

The dying vampire plantation owner speaking to Abe after the big horse stampede battle:
"There's thousands of us here...we wont stop until the whole country is ours...and they'll be coming for you now...ask your friend...Henry (Henry Sturges, a rebel vampire opposed to the leader and allied with Abe)...hahaha..."
"YAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!"
That was Abe swinging the final axe blow to kill him biggrin.gif
A lot of people say there were slow parts...where? The action scenes are eveny dispersed throughout the movie. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Young Abe goes to the young slave's aid...witnesses his mom's death...shortly after that, with NO lull, he meets "Henry", and attempts to take out his mother's killer, the vampire plantation guy...no lull, as Henry trains him to kill vampires...now, Henry sends him off to a town to blend in...you could say it slows here, but as he's blending, by night he's hunting down and killing Henry's designated targets...still doesnt slow down . Abe discovers Henry is also a vampire...flashback to Henry bitten by the Vampire leader...Henry gives Abe the okay, finally, to go after the plantation vampire...WILD horse stampede battle biggrin.gif...Abe recues his friend in a big slavehouse fight...Abe parts ways with Henry once he discovers he's a vampire, and it goes off into Abe putting the axe down to go into politics to end slavery...it doesnt drag, and you may even find it interesting if you're into history...the focus QUICKLY shifts back to vampires, as they are used by the south to fight in the civil war smile.gif...Abe is brought back into swinging the axe...then comes the BIG train battle, the vampires trying to stop Abe's silver shipment to the North soldiers...Vampires defeated, silver gets to the soldiers, we get the ending of the civil war smile.gif...I just dont see the long lulls in excitement. Abe's very brief departure into the white house campaign killed you? I see a movie where theres necessary breaks to build thevstage fir more bloodshed biggrin.gif
The horse stampede was a big WTF moment for me.
Completely felt like it was pulled out of someone's a$$ for the sake of 3D.

Another problem is the attempt to paint Lincoln as someone who had made the abolition of slavery as his life's mission.
That simply isn't close.
It was only when the South seceded did he feel compelled to such a position.
Check out one of the greatest documentaries (on any subject), Ken Burns' "The Civil War."
It is mandatory for anyone everyone remotely interested in the subject.wink.gif

post #38 of 41 Old 12-20-2012, 04:54 PM

I enjoyed the stampede battle, but there WAS some ridiculousness in there biggrin.gif! The vampire has super strength...he grabs a horse by the legs and hurls it at Abe biggrin.gif...but that made sense, he's a supernatural creature! But Abe CATCHES the horse, and appears to break its fall! Abe is just a 190 pound human biggrin.gif...after the horse lands on him after being being thrown on him at 50MPH-how is Abe's skeletal structure and organs still intact biggrin.gif!! Horses go 1200 POUNDS! At that velocity, he should have been CRUSHED biggrin.gif! The man should have been dead, but it was by no means a realistic film and it was all in the fun! It was up to Spielberg to do the grounded version smile.gif.

Also, if you take a hoof to the face from a 1200 pounds horse galloping at 100MPH-you will no longer have a face biggrin.gif! No matter if you're an undead monster or not, LOL!
post #39 of 41 Old 12-20-2012, 05:16 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Gorgeous to look at, but oh so stupid. I am truly stunned this was financed.

Vimeo is the home of the Super8 Shooter...
http://vimeo.com/super8shooter
post #40 of 41 Old 12-21-2012, 12:24 AM
CIH USER

Quoted: 273 Post(s)
Liked: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Stevens View Post

Gorgeous to look at, but oh so stupid. I am truly stunned this was financed.

I agree. This is up there with Eragon the 2 worst films I've ever seen.

Frank
post #41 of 41 Old 12-21-2012, 01:00 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I watched it and having already suspended all disbelief before viewing, I was mildly amused by the movie. The ax choreography was quite good as were most of the action scenes. This is a fun but not historically accurate movie which might be viewed as campy later on.
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

Tags
Blu Ray Movies , Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter Blu Ray
Gear in this thread - Abraham by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page