Wanderlust - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 02-16-2012, 06:40 PM - Thread Starter
 
lwright84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,762
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Directed by the guy who did 'Role Model's (David Wain), and starring Paul Rudd, Jennifer Aniston, and Malin Akerman make this a "rom-com" that just might be worth seeing.

Red-band trailer:
lwright84 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 Old 02-17-2012, 10:21 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Dbuudo07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,762
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 110
I found Role Models to be really funny. I'm screening this on Wednesday next week. Just noticed it has an R rating. Personally, I can do without Jennifer Aniston, but I think Paul Rudd is hilarious. Hope this one makes me laugh.

David Budo
Dbuudo07 is offline  
post #3 of 16 Old 04-19-2013, 11:17 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Dean Roddey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 19,444
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 66
This is a year old, but since no one has commented who has seen it, I watched it tonight and it was quite funny. It's one of those that sometimes swings a bit wide, but there's a lot of funny stuff going on and I laughed quite a lot.

Dean Roddey
Chairman/CTO, Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd

www.charmedquark.com

 

Dean Roddey is offline  
post #4 of 16 Old 04-22-2013, 06:50 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tlogan6797's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 4,834
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 36
^^^^ Agreed. We just watched this a couple of weeks ago and thought it was pretty funny. It's CERTAINLY worth a rent.

Tom Logan
Everytime I reply the thread ends
Need motivation? Get LOGANED
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1014847

An as-yet un-named theater designed by Big-WarrenP-BritInVA
tlogan6797 is offline  
post #5 of 16 Old 04-22-2013, 07:22 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Will2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,925
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 140
It's rental funny, but not great or worth repeat viewings. I will say this about it. They got one thing dead on, and that's the soulless feel of some of the McMansions in some of Atlanta's suburbs. When they visit Paul Rudd's character's brother, everything about the house, the deck, the yard, and the neighborhood is perfect satire. I've been to too many of those houses and have known too many jerks just like him.
Will2007 is offline  
post #6 of 16 Old 04-22-2013, 09:04 AM
AVS Special Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Post America America
Posts: 8,537
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 724
Paul Rudd is way too kind of a guy for letting Jennifer Anniston ride his coattails for a paycheck in this. He did the same thing for that Tina Fey lady in Admission.

They better pay him back.


As for Wanderlust, it was decent except for JA dragging down Paul's performance. The light pollution from Paul's stardom totally drowns out JA like the night sky in the suburbs. It's a shame they worked him to death and that he had to carry the whole movie.
darthrsg is offline  
post #7 of 16 Old 04-22-2013, 10:35 AM
AVS Special Member
 
zoey67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: cloud9
Posts: 2,644
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

Paul Rudd is way too kind of a guy for letting Jennifer Anniston ride his coattails for a paycheck in this. He did the same thing for that Tina Fey lady in Admission.

They better pay him back.


As for Wanderlust, it was decent except for JA dragging down Paul's performance. The light pollution from Paul's stardom totally drowns out JA like the night sky in the suburbs. It's a shame they worked him to death and that he had to carry the whole movie.
Dude, what are you smoking? JA and TF both have more star power than Paul Rudd. Well maybe TF it's a close call but JA is in another level than he is man money wise and power. I believe JA is inside Forbes top 10 list. She was already huge when they were on Friends and he was still small time, came in few times as Phoebe's boyfriend. He's always been the supporting guy not the head liner.
zoey67 is offline  
post #8 of 16 Old 04-22-2013, 10:44 AM
AVS Special Member
 
cinema13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,624
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Any comments on the alternate "Bizarro Cut" of this movie?

cinema13 is offline  
post #9 of 16 Old 04-22-2013, 10:51 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Morpheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montreal by day, Paris by night...
Posts: 6,537
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey67 View Post

Dude, what are you smoking? JA and TF both have more star power than Paul Rudd. Well maybe TF it's a close call but JA is in another level than he is man money wise and power. I believe JA is inside Forbes top 10 list. She was already huge when they were on Friends and he was still small time, came in few times as Phoebe's boyfriend.

In fact he started as Phoebe's boyfriend, but ended up as Phoebe's husband... smile.gif
Morpheo is offline  
post #10 of 16 Old 04-22-2013, 12:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Post America America
Posts: 8,537
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey67 View Post

Dude, what are you smoking? JA and TF both have more star power than Paul Rudd. Well maybe TF it's a close call but JA is in another level than he is man money wise and power. I believe JA is inside Forbes top 10 list. She was already huge when they were on Friends and he was still small time, came in few times as Phoebe's boyfriend. He's always been the supporting guy not the head liner.

Sorry you're caught up in lists and blinded by the pretty machine instead of skill and mastery. I'm sure Paul would forgive you that transgression.

Dinner for Schmucks is superior to any JA or TF movie why else do you think they got jobs with Rudd after it released?
darthrsg is offline  
post #11 of 16 Old 04-22-2013, 12:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Dean Roddey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 19,444
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 66
I can't agree that Jennifer has no value. I think she's quite good. I've watched quite a few of her flicks and enjoyed her in all of them. Paul Rudd is a very good and versatile actor of course, no doubt about it these days.

Dean Roddey
Chairman/CTO, Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd

www.charmedquark.com

 

Dean Roddey is offline  
post #12 of 16 Old 04-22-2013, 12:57 PM
AVS Special Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Post America America
Posts: 8,537
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Roddey View Post

I can't agree that Jennifer has no value. I think she's quite good. I've watched quite a few of her flicks and enjoyed her in all of them. Paul Rudd is a very good and versatile actor of course, no doubt about it these days.
Yep.
darthrsg is offline  
post #13 of 16 Old 04-22-2013, 02:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
zoey67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: cloud9
Posts: 2,644
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

Sorry you're caught up in lists and blinded by the pretty machine instead of skill and mastery. I'm sure Paul would forgive you that transgression.

Dinner for Schmucks is superior to any JA or TF movie why else do you think they got jobs with Rudd after it released?
I have 1 word for you alright...F-R-I-E-N-D-S. Are you familiar with the greatest show ever created? I'm not blinded by anything ok. that was there for you
as objective and substantial proof vs your emotional biased love for Paul Dudd...sorry Rudd.
zoey67 is offline  
post #14 of 16 Old 04-22-2013, 02:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Post America America
Posts: 8,537
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey67 View Post

I have 1 word for you alright...F-R-I-E-N-D-S.
We can surely be friends, no need to be enemies.
Quote:
Are you familiar with the greatest show ever created?
Totally, Doctor Who is awesome. JA would be a great companion for a few episodes.

Quote:
I'm not blinded by anything ok. that was there for you
as objective and substantial proof vs your emotional biased love for Paul Dudd...sorry Rudd.

Yes, I know it's hard to accept science sometimes but I know Paul and I would still accept you and your beliefs and allow you to go your merry way. smile.gif
darthrsg is offline  
post #15 of 16 Old 04-23-2013, 06:28 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tlogan6797's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 4,834
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Are you familiar with the greatest show ever created?

There's a whole 'nother thread, right there....

Tom Logan
Everytime I reply the thread ends
Need motivation? Get LOGANED
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1014847

An as-yet un-named theater designed by Big-WarrenP-BritInVA
tlogan6797 is offline  
post #16 of 16 Old 05-09-2013, 02:27 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Aliens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,821
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 297
LMAO when I saw this last night.



Aliens is offline  
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off