Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-31-2012, 03:57 PM - Thread Starter
ADU
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 147

Not sure how these escaped my attention, but the following MGM Midnite Movies were re-released as quadruple features back in April of last year.

• The Land That Time Forgot / The People That Time Forgot / Panic In Year Zero / The Last Man On Earth
  • Morons from Outer Space / Alien from L.A. / The Man from Planet X / The Angry Red Planet
  • The Phantom from 10,000 Leagues / The Beast with 1,000,000 Eyes! / War-Gods of the Deep / At the Earth's Core
  • Strange Invaders / Invaders from Mars / Invisible Invaders / Journey to the Seventh Planet

A couple of the titles have been OOP, and somewhat hard to find on DVD prior to this re-release, including The Man from Planet X and The Angry Red Planet (both of which I recommend to fans of vintage SF). There are a few stinkers in the bunch as well, e.g. Morons from Outer Space.

I ran across a couple of the above at a Target not too long ago, but haven't been able to find them again since. (And the last two are now showing as out-of-stock on their website.) Don't know if there are plans to release any of these on Blu-ray, but they can be streamed from various sources as well.

List of other movies in the Midnite Movies series. Anyone have the complete set?

ADU
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-31-2012, 04:23 PM - Thread Starter
ADU
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 147

Trailers for a couple other favorites in this set. You can't necessarily tell from the trailers, but both films have pretty nice scoped ~2.35AR cinematography, and both discs are anamorphic.

ADU
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page