Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 44 Old 01-10-2013, 10:36 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 815
What's up with the long faces for RG3?

It isn't the first (and won't be the last) time someone decides to tough out an injury for the playoffs.
The unfortunate thing is he aggravated the injury by playing.
From what I have read, he should be OK for next year.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 44 Old 01-10-2013, 11:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

What's up with the long faces for RG3?

It isn't the first (and won't be the last) time someone decides to tough out an injury for the playoffs.
The unfortunate thing is he aggravated the injury by playing.
From what I have read, he should be OK for next year.

Odds are he will miss half, if not the entire season. Don’t think even about an Adrian Peterson recovery; that was a fluke. Robert had major surgery on two of his ligaments (total reconstruction of the ACL. The LCL surgery is what complicates the recovery time). He will never be like he was. Period. That isn’t to say he still can’t be a great QB, but we will not see what everyone saw him do this past season again and that is what is tragic. You have no idea what this part of the country has been like this year because of him. To have him get injured when he should have taken himself out and Shanahan should have pulled him is creating a buzz like you wouldn’t believe. I could go on for a long time but this isn’t the place to do that.
post #33 of 44 Old 01-10-2013, 11:24 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens View Post

Odds are he will miss half, if not the entire season. Don’t think even about an Adrian Peterson recovery; that was a fluke. Robert had major surgery on two of his ligaments (total reconstruction of the ACL. The LCL surgery is what complicates the recovery time). He will never be like he was. Period. That isn’t to say he still can’t be a great QB, but we will not see what everyone saw him do this past season again and that is what is tragic. You have no idea what this part of the country has been like this year because of him. To have him get injured when he should have taken himself out and Shanahan should have pulled him is creating a buzz like you wouldn’t believe. I could go on for a long time but this isn’t the place to do that.
I read this morning in the local newspaper his surgeon said he should be ready to go for the season-opener.confused.gif

post #34 of 44 Old 01-10-2013, 11:25 AM
AVS Addicted Member

I need to go read some more on this.....eek.gif

post #35 of 44 Old 01-10-2013, 12:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 289
The doctor said that he would be ready for the 2013 season; he was ambiguous. He didn’t say opener, mid, or end. Most experts think he will be rehabbed by the opener, or close to it, but not ready for action for a while after that. All agree he will not have the speed he had. He’ll still be fast, but he won’t outrun people the way he did this year.

The kid is an amazing individual. Smart. Respectful. Driven. Obviously, a talented athlete. This kid is what the NFL and other sports need more of. Add Wilson and Luck to the list, but Robert is special. I’m hoping and think it will be midway through the season.
post #36 of 44 Old 01-10-2013, 12:45 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

All agree he will not have the speed he had. He’ll still be fast, but he won’t outrun people the way he did this year.
I'm gonna keep faith until I see something different.wink.gif

Quote:
The kid is an amazing individual. Smart. Respectful. Driven. Obviously, a talented athlete. This kid is what the NFL and other sports need more of. Add Wilson and Luck to the list, but Robert is special.
Agreed.

post #37 of 44 Old 01-10-2013, 12:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 717
post #38 of 44 Old 01-10-2013, 01:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 453
Quote:

Odds are he will miss half, if not the entire season. Don’t think even about an Adrian Peterson recovery; that was a fluke./quote]

I would say that AD's miraculously short healing time after his ACL surgery was less a fluke than that he is a freak of nature. Of course, RGIII is athletically gifted and highly motivated too, to say the least, so he may be back as early as AD was. I hope so. The league needs him at a hundred percent as much as the Redskins do.
post #39 of 44 Old 01-18-2013, 12:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Ok lets get back Ted to shall we....

Mark Wahlberg to Appear with Ted at the Academy Awards

After raking in more than $500 million worldwide, Seth MacFarlane's debut feature, Ted is already on the road to a sequel. Before that, though, MacFarlane is going to be hosting the 85th annual Academy Awards on Sunday, February 24 and it looks like he's bringing a certain foul-mouthed stuffed bear along with him.

Mark Wahlberg today revealed on "Anderson Live" that he'll be appearing alongside the MacFarlane-voiced Ted during the program. It's unclear whether or not Wahlberg will be playing the character of John Bennett, but it's a sure bet that Ted himself will be in full character.
post #40 of 44 Old 01-18-2013, 09:00 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey67 View Post

Ok lets get back Ted to shall we....

Mark Wahlberg to Appear with Ted at the Academy Awards

After raking in more than $500 million worldwide, Seth MacFarlane's debut feature, Ted is already on the road to a sequel. Before that, though, MacFarlane is going to be hosting the 85th annual Academy Awards on Sunday, February 24 and it looks like he's bringing a certain foul-mouthed stuffed bear along with him.

Mark Wahlberg today revealed on "Anderson Live" that he'll be appearing alongside the MacFarlane-voiced Ted during the program. It's unclear whether or not Wahlberg will be playing the character of John Bennett, but it's a sure bet that Ted himself will be in full character.

Good idea. As indicated in earlier posts, I saw Ted in the theater only because my daughter had loved and highly recommended it. Then I borrowed her BD of Ted and watched it again last week. It was just as warm, funny, and raunchy the second time as it was when I saw it in the theater. Sequels don't work very often but maybe Ted 2 will be an exception. I hope so.
post #41 of 44 Old 01-18-2013, 09:37 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

Sequels don't work very often but maybe Ted 2 will be an exception. I hope so.
(fingers crossed)wink.gif

post #42 of 44 Old 01-27-2013, 04:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

Sequels don't work very often but maybe Ted 2 will be an exception.

This is a vast oversimplification, but if he can make as many really good episodes of FG as he has in the bank, I think it's reasonable to think he can come up with a good story and gags for a sequel.
post #43 of 44 Old 01-28-2013, 08:17 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph View Post

This [the proposition that sequels don't work very often] is a vast oversimplification, but if he can make as many really good episodes of FG as he has in the bank, I think it's reasonable to think he can come up with a good story and gags for a sequel.

Are you telling us you believe that most sequels do work very well? Just asking.smile.gif
post #44 of 44 Old 02-03-2013, 08:13 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
For the sequel, you gotta add in some OTHER grown up/childhood toy pairings biggrin.gif!
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page