Alfonso Cuaron's new film ("Gravity") to feature 17 minute opening long take - Page 22 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #631 of 738 Old 03-04-2014, 09:15 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey67 View Post

Excuse em wa if I haven't read this thread since page 1 so I want to put this question out there if it has not been brought up. Did they actually film this out in space?

Cause until 2 days ago when D* has the FREE 10 min preview I really just didn't give this movie much a chance or thought it was something I want to see. But after seeing the 10 min preview I was sort of dumbstruck and haven't really felt so immersed in the space like Jodie Foster's Contact. I really felt like I was out there with Bullock & Mr George Douche. I don't know how good is the rest of the movie but def the Oscar for best Dir is very deserving.

If you get a chance, see Gravity in a theater on the biggest screen available. My daughter and I did that and seeing the film that way was damn near a religious experience for both of us. I plan to see it again when I get my hands on the BD.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 738 Old 03-04-2014, 09:17 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Quote:

Excuse em wa if I haven't read this thread since page 1 so I want to put this question out there if it has not been brought up. Did they actually film this out in space?
Yup, in some "space" at a Shepperton Studios in the U.K.wink.gif

Quote:
Cause until 2 days ago when D* has the FREE 10 min preview I really just didn't give this movie much a chance or thought it was something I want to see. But after seeing the 10 min preview I was sort of dumbstruck and haven't really felt so immersed in the space like Jodie Foster's Contact. I really felt like I was out there with Bullock & Mr George Douche. I don't know how good is the rest of the movie but def the Oscar for best Dir is very deserving.
The ENTIRE movie is "immersive," Z.
Do yourself a favor and give this one a look.smile.gif

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
post #633 of 738 Old 03-04-2014, 09:19 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

If you get a chance, see Gravity in a theater on the biggest screen available.
Yeah, I forgot to mention this.redface.gif

post #634 of 738 Old 03-04-2014, 09:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:

It takes years of training for astronauts to go into space. Can you imagine what it might cost to send actors, producers, directors, and whole crews into space to make a movie..... No, they did not actually film this in space.

Bobby 

post #635 of 738 Old 03-04-2014, 11:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby94928 View Post

It takes years of training for astronauts to go into space. Can you imagine what it might cost to send actors, producers, directors, and whole crews into space to make a movie..... No, they did not actually film this in space.

I could be wrong but I think it was a rethorical question on zoey's part wink.gif
post #636 of 738 Old 03-04-2014, 11:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Hipster retort on filming in space;

*cleans glasses with special cloth*
"We're all in space already on mothership earth"
*puts glasses back on*
*fixes scarf*
Scott Simonian and darthrsg like this.

50" Samsung Plasma HDTV | Networked Yamaha RX-V573 7.1 AV | BIC DV-32CLR Center | JBL 2600 Mains | Fluance AVBP2 Bi-Pole Surrounds on Soundcast SCS-100 wireless surround | Onkyo SKC-530 Sub | Networked Sony BDP-S590 

post #637 of 738 Old 03-04-2014, 12:23 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

I could be wrong but I think it was a rethorical question on zoey's part wink.gif
No doubt....wink.gif

post #638 of 738 Old 03-04-2014, 05:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

No, actually the whole time during that 10 min preview I just thought to myself there's no way this cannot be filmed in space. It was just too real plus nobody has shot anything like this before so I thought it was.
post #639 of 738 Old 03-04-2014, 06:36 PM
CIH USER

Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked: 297
Quote:

If you get a chance, see Gravity in a theater on the biggest screen available. My daughter and I did that and seeing the film that way was damn near a religious experience for both of us. I plan to see it again when I get my hands on the BD.

I agree it's an awesome film.

Frank
post #640 of 738 Old 03-05-2014, 07:05 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Liked: 702
Quote:

No, actually the whole time during that 10 min preview I just thought to myself there's no way this cannot be filmed in space. It was just too real plus nobody has shot anything like this before so I thought it was.

Seriously, you kidding, right? If not, you have just lost any and all credibility you've ever had. It gives me no pleasure to have to tell you this zoey but I've been assigned by the board to break this news to you. I'm deeply sorry.
darthrsg likes this.
post #641 of 738 Old 03-05-2014, 09:54 AM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 555
Quote:

Gravity was filmed in space, same with Star Wars and the newest Star Trek films. Oh, and LOTR was filmed in the actual Middle Earth.......it's a real place.

I thought this was a great film as well with a lot of depth below the surface events that really had a grip on me emotionally.

Awesome audio and pretty solid 3d (3d is definitely the way to watch this one IMO).

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
post #642 of 738 Old 03-05-2014, 10:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked: 968
post #643 of 738 Old 03-05-2014, 10:44 AM
Bass Enabler

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 859 Post(s)
Liked: 1030
I know most of you are .... of a generation that does not play computer games. Bear with me, I'm trying to be delicate. biggrin.gif

There is an awesome sandbox simulation game of spaceflight and such. It's called Kerbal Space Program. It has literally been the only game I've been playing since the middle of summer. Darth has probably seen me playing it a bit too much. biggrin.gif

Anyway. It may not seem like much to you guys but this early access game (it's not finished yet, still in Alpha) has caught the attention of the world. Heh or at least space enthusiasts but not just people of our more advanced ages but it's also grabbing the hearts of younger kids. This excites me as that means we are catching the attention of a whole new generation of people. Seems like space exploration or other advances have been slow or at least public opinion is low. Now more than ever it seems like people are getting more interested in space again and I like that. smile.gif
darthrsg likes this.

My Dual 18" LLT subs 120dB down to 10hz

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link

http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website

post #644 of 738 Old 03-05-2014, 10:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post

I know most of you are .... of a generation that does not play computer games. Bear with me, I'm trying to be delicate. biggrin.gif

There is an awesome sandbox simulation game of spaceflight and such. It's called Kerbal Space Program. It has literally been the only game I've been playing since the middle of summer. Darth has probably seen me playing it a bit too much. biggrin.gif

Anyway. It may not seem like much to you guys but this early access game (it's not finished yet, still in Alpha) has caught the attention of the world. Heh or at least space enthusiasts but not just people of our more advanced ages but it's also grabbing the hearts of younger kids. This excites me as that means we are catching the attention of a whole new generation of people. Seems like space exploration or other advances have been slow or at least public opinion is low. Now more than ever it seems like people are getting more interested in space again and I like that. smile.gif

I think I know this game you speak of...

biggrin.gif

50" Samsung Plasma HDTV | Networked Yamaha RX-V573 7.1 AV | BIC DV-32CLR Center | JBL 2600 Mains | Fluance AVBP2 Bi-Pole Surrounds on Soundcast SCS-100 wireless surround | Onkyo SKC-530 Sub | Networked Sony BDP-S590 

post #645 of 738 Old 03-05-2014, 10:58 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

Seriously, you kidding, right? If not, you have just lost any and all credibility you've ever had. It gives me no pleasure to have to tell you this zoey but I've been assigned by the board to break this news to you. I'm deeply sorry.

I took zoey67's post seriously but, then, I'm a movie nerd, not a space nerd. I don't know nothin' 'bout no steenkin physics! smile.gif
post #646 of 738 Old 03-05-2014, 11:02 AM
Bass Enabler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Hockey Guy View Post

I think I know this game you speak of...

biggrin.gif

Hahah! Actually there is a newer game that is called Lunar Lander, which is good fun but it's just about piloting a lunar lander and like .... landing on bases. Gets old. In KSP, you build your own rockets, landers, satellites, space stations and such. You get a whole fictional solar system (equivalent to our system) with all sorts of celestial bodies to orbit or even land on. It's fun. tongue.gif

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

post #647 of 738 Old 03-05-2014, 11:52 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

. I don't know nothin' 'bout no steenkin physics! smile.gif
OH OH I DO know sumpin: what goes up, must come down.

Wait....I forgot about balloons and Christians.tongue.gif
archiguy and Scott Simonian like this.

post #648 of 738 Old 03-05-2014, 12:47 PM
Bass Enabler

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

OH OH I DO know sumpin: what goes up, must come down.

Wait....I forgot about balloons and Christians.tongue.gif

Ahahahaha!

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

post #649 of 738 Old 03-05-2014, 07:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

And I really hate to bust your bubble but do you actually think I give a smidgen tiny rat's ass what you think about me or how much credibility I've lost ?

I really don't know anyone here personally nor do you know who I am or what I do so who gives a flying f_ck smile.gif
Catch ma drift partner?
post #650 of 738 Old 03-05-2014, 09:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Now Now Gentlemen. It's just a stinkin' Movie with a Texas Chick in panties.

Really, what's the point of arguing over anything except the panties or shorts.

I love me some 40 somethin' Legs in space. How Bout U?

Peace Bros & may all ur adult beverages be good to ya, cause
there's never enough for most of us wink.gif
post #651 of 738 Old 03-05-2014, 11:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedeskE View Post

Now Now Gentlemen. It's just a stinkin' Movie with a Texas Chick in panties.

Really, what's the point of arguing over anything except the panties or shorts.

I love me some 40 somethin' Legs in space. How Bout U?

Peace Bros & may all ur adult beverages be good to ya, cause
there's never enough for most of us wink.gif
I know right, that's the spirit & I'll drink wicha to that note. wink.gif

Sorry if I disrupted any harmony here but I just felt a bit insulted by the crack head who somehow felt it was his duty to alert me of my credibility like I give a damn.
post #652 of 738 Old 03-05-2014, 11:59 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedeskE View Post

may all ur adult beverages be good to ya, cause there's never enough for most of us wink.gif
Spoken by a very wise fellow....wink.gif

post #653 of 738 Old 03-06-2014, 04:46 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I know right, that's the spirit & I'll drink wicha to that note. wink.gif

Sorry if I disrupted any harmony here but I just felt a bit insulted by the crack head who somehow felt it was his duty to alert me of my credibility like I give a damn.

Dude, chill. It was all in good fun. Thought you'd get it and take it in the right spirit; now I know better. Some folks, you just can't kid around with I guess. You kind of took the levity right out of it and beat it to a pulp. rolleyes.gif
post #654 of 738 Old 03-06-2014, 05:18 AM
AVS Special Member

post #655 of 738 Old 03-06-2014, 06:30 AM
Advanced Member

This is what happens when good movies get passed over. The panty buncher is working overtime!

post #656 of 738 Old 03-06-2014, 07:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 440
Quote:

Dude, chill. It was all in good fun. Thought you'd get it and take it in the right spirit; now I know better. Some folks, you just can't kid around with I guess. You kind of took the levity right out of it and beat it to a pulp. rolleyes.gif

Hey, crackhead. Someone was insulted by what you wrote and turned around and insulted you. Is that how this Internet thing works? Take offense to what was written, and then do exactly the same thing that offended you? Is that how it works? BTW, a tiny rats ass is actually pretty cute.

And what a coincidence! We've been discussing Jessica Alba in another thread, and I'll be darn, this rats ass reminds me of her. Nice, huh?

ratass_zpsf4b63dbd.jpg

wink.gif
post #657 of 738 Old 03-06-2014, 07:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens View Post

Hey, crackhead. Someone was insulted by what you wrote and turned around and insulted you. Is that how this Internet thing works? Take offense to what was written, and then do exactly the same thing that offended you? Is that how it works? BTW, a tiny rats ass is actually pretty cute.

And what a coincidence! We've been discussing Jessica Alba in another thread, and I'll be darn, this rats ass reminds me of her. Nice, huh?

ratass_zpsf4b63dbd.jpg

wink.gif

post #658 of 738 Old 03-06-2014, 07:34 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

BTW, a tiny rats ass is actually pretty cute.
Trust me here....nothing compares to a hog's a$$.

Quote:
We've been discussing Jessica Alba in another thread, and I'll be darn, this rats ass reminds me of her. Nice, huh?
Ms. Alba's derriere would inspire me to do unspeakable things to said a$$.

post #659 of 738 Old 03-06-2014, 07:37 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Actually, this whole thing has kind of cracked my head wide open. wink.gif And it appears I insulted her twice: once in fun and once when I mistakenly referred to her as a "dude" (I have since been corrected). So it appears I've unwittingly given multiple offense that demands appropriate punishment from the interweb gods. For my penance, I shall say 3 "Hail-Mary's", kick my enabling computer, and drown my silly li'l head in a bucket of ice-cold crack. tongue.gif
post #660 of 738 Old 03-06-2014, 07:43 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Trust me here....nothing compares to a hog's a$$.

Remember the lesson this "cracker" just learned: no good deed (or ass, as the case may be) goes unpunished. wink.gif

Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion