Branching out from 100% Tv/Movie watching to music and need Demo quality samples - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 05-02-2012, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hello all, well I found AVS many years ago when I had my first child and knew that going out to the theater would not happen for quite some time. I decided to put a little effort into my HT set up (on a budget, as that's all there is) and came up with a Paradigm Monitor 7 v3 set up, CC190 (originally a 170), and PS 1000 sub. 12-13 years ago not much could touch it for less than $1500 and I was content.

My PS1000 recently went out and after some research found myself with an HSU VTF-2 MK4 (about to upgrade it to the VTF3) and a renewed interest in playing some music through it.

This is really new territory for me as previous experience is whatever was on the radio at the time. Other things that helped spark this new interest was in listening to a local male choir while my wife and I were visiting family in England. A few days later we were visiting St Pauls Cathedral. Funny thing here was in walking in we noticed chairs set up that were roped off. After climbing to the top of the dome just as we reached the bottom we were treated to the most spectacular aural experience of my life. A passerby told us it was the London Symphony Orchestra.

Anyway since then I thought about it but hadn't acted until now so... my first step will be to search for various demo CD's that should provide me with high def content and help me to figure out what I like.

Might you have any suggestions? Any particularly amazing music CD/SACD or sampler? Or maybe a link to a site with a good selection.

Thank you very much in advance.

-Drew

Soon...pic of my measly setup
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page