Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by adpayne View Post

Juno Temple is quite the little actress, ain't she? wink.gif
She REALLY is....cool.gif

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 67 Old 05-06-2013, 05:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 292
After watching 7 Oscar nominated movies in a row, this was a nice change of pace. There were a few times it made me feel uncomfortable, but it all felt very real. MM gave one of his best performances. Agree; that Juno is a little doll. The sex in the kitchen between the two is one of the best sensual scenes I’ve seen in some time. Then we get to the chicken leg. OH MY!

When Gina and THC were in the attorney’s office and she pulled that loose thread on his suit, I couldn’t stop laughing. The look on his face was priceless.

Wasn’t the dog used to highlight the presence of Killer Joe? IIRC, the dog barked at everyone, but not at KJ.

I will watch this one again.
post #63 of 67 Old 05-06-2013, 08:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens View Post

After watching 7 Oscar nominated movies in a row, this was a nice change of pace.
Frankly, this movie is better than some of the nominees.wink.gif

post #64 of 67 Old 05-08-2013, 08:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Very good all around flick. May end up adding it to the library, in fact.
post #65 of 67 Old 09-23-2013, 11:45 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 464
I post to report that I finally saw Killer Joe when it showed up on one of the HBO channels. I really enjoyed it. Its ensemble cast was terrific but I particularly enjoyed Matthew McConaughey as a cop who moonlights as a contract killer. I also enjoyed Juno Temple as a not-quite-all-there young woman who is the kid sister in the most monumentally dysfunctional family I can recall. Nobody is better than McConaughey at portraying flawed but weirdly charming characters. The film is the blackest of black comedies. and nobody is really likable but some of them are so awful, it is fun to see the nasty things that happen to them. Anyway, highly recommend, Killer Joe is a lot of fun. 7 Stars out of 10.
post #66 of 67 Old 09-23-2013, 11:56 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

I post to report that I finally saw Killer Joe when it showed up on one of the HBO channels. I really enjoyed it. Its ensemble cast was terrific but I particularly enjoyed Matthew McConaughey as a cop who moonlights as a contract killer. I also enjoyed Juno Temple as a not-quite-all-there young woman who is the kid sister in the most monumentally dysfunctional family I can recall. Nobody is better than McConaughey at portraying flawed but weirdly charming characters. The film is the blackest of black comedies. and nobody is really likable but some of them are so awful, it is fun to see the nasty things that happen to them. Anyway, highly recommend, Killer Joe is a lot of fun. 7 Stars out of 10.
I thought you might like it.wink.gif

post #67 of 67 Old 09-23-2013, 01:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

This movie seemed like something from the 70's. Dark, bleak and ugly. It was refreshing in a cringe inducing way. smile.gif

My Dedicated Home Theater Room
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page