Antz-DTS....anyone have it? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-31-2012, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Need some help. I'm trying to buy the Antz DTS DVD off Amazon. The first disc I received seemed to be correct......shrink-wrapped, security stickers etc. The case says DTS 5.1, DD 5.1, and DD 2.0 and 1.85:1. Printed on the actual disc, the aspect ratio says 2.35:1. When I pop the disc in, there is no language or audio option in the menu......just play, scene selection, and special features. Go to play the disc and use audio button on remote and only options are DD 5.1, and DD 2.0......no DTS. So I returned it stating the reasons, got credit and ordered another from different Amazon seller which stated it is indeed the DTS version. Got second disc today and it's the same thing as above. Fixing to return again but wanted to check here to see if I'm crazy or doing something wrong? Lol. I've tried it in both my Oppo 95 and Panny BDT100

-Kevin

Epson 5020UB 1080p 3LCD projector

Screen Innovations Black Diamond Zero Edge 1.4 110" 16:9

Marantz AV8801 pre/pro

Wyred4Sound 5-channel amp

Oppo BDP-105

Darbee Darblet

JTR 3TX LCRs

JTR Single8 HT-LP surrounds

twin JTR Orbit Shifter LF subwoofers

GIK Acoustic room treatments

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-01-2012, 11:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 29
^^^ I have a copy of Antz w/DTS,but i haven't watched it for a pretty long time and can't remember if i get the option to use the DTS sound. I'll try to remember to watch it this weekend.Let ya know if it works or not.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-01-2012, 09:26 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by greaser View Post

^^^ I have a copy of Antz w/DTS,but i haven't watched it for a pretty long time and can't remember if i get the option to use the DTS sound. I'll try to remember to watch it this weekend.Let ya know if it works or not.

Thanks greaser.........here is what I've found out over the last couple days. The copy almost everyone has in stock now and that you'll see on Amazon and EBay for sale is incorrect. the stock photo used is the correct photo with the black thin banner across the top that reads "DTS Digital Surround Sound". But the DVD that you'll get is in a different white Dreamworks case. Still everything appears ok cuz if you flip it over the disc specs say it has the English DTS 5.1, Dolby Digital 5.1, and DD 2.0 tracks, and original 1.85:1 theatrical aspect ratio. Things start to appear off when you open the case. Looking at the disc itself, there are your typical printed logos for rating, NTSC, Dolby Digital yada yada but no DTS logo.....and on the disc is printed 2.40:1 anamorphic widescreen, which is different than what the case says. Pop in the disc and the only menu options are play, scene selection, and special features. No language or audio option. Play the disc and cycle through audio options with remote and only available tracks on the disc are DD 5.1 or 2.0....... No DTS at all. So at worst case there was a packaging mistake. A retailer I talked to said a lot of discs are stamped in Mexico but not packaged there as well. Sent to the US to be packaged. Anyway, the disc most everyone stocks now is in a white Dreamworks case and DOES NOT have a DTS audio track. I've contacted over 30 retailers so far on Amazon and EBay selling both new shrink wrapped and used version and so far every single one is the incorrect white Dreamworks case. The incorrect version does use the correct UPC code for the DTS version is why no one has caught this yet...and I highly doubt the studio is going to do anything about it.

If anyone has the real DTS version and it plays fine, I will buy it! Lol Grrrrrrrrr!

-Kevin

Epson 5020UB 1080p 3LCD projector

Screen Innovations Black Diamond Zero Edge 1.4 110" 16:9

Marantz AV8801 pre/pro

Wyred4Sound 5-channel amp

Oppo BDP-105

Darbee Darblet

JTR 3TX LCRs

JTR Single8 HT-LP surrounds

twin JTR Orbit Shifter LF subwoofers

GIK Acoustic room treatments

post #4 of 4 Old 06-02-2012, 08:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Kevin i checked my copy of Antz ,even tho' the box says my options are DTS 5.1,DD5.1,and DD2.0,all i actually get is DD5.1.There is no option menu to choose from,the disc automatically starts as DD5.1. My guess is that you're SOL
AFA getting DTS5.1. BTW i bought my copy at wally world several yrs.ago.IIRC it cost ~5 bucks.
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page