The Woman In The Fifth - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 06-01-2012, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 341
In theaters June 15th - with Ethan Hawke and Kristin Scott Thomas.

"American writer Tom Ricks (Ethan Hawke) arrives in Paris to be closer to his young daughter who is living with his estranged ex-wife. Completely broke, he accepts a job as a night guard for a local crime boss. Stationed in a basement office, his only task is to push a button when a bell rings. The tranquility of the night, he hopes, will help him focus on his new novel. His days become more exciting when he starts a romance with Margit (Kristin Scott Thomas), a mysterious and elegant widow who sets strange rules to their meetings: she will only see him at her apartment in the fifth arrondissement, at 5 pm sharp, twice a week and he should ask no questions about her work or her past life. When people suddenly start dying around Tom, he begins to believe that a dark force has entered his life, punishing anyone who has recently done him wrong. After the police accuse him of murdering his neighbor, Tom tries to use his weekly visits to Margit's apartment as an alibi, only to find out that she hasn't lived at this address for the past 15 years."

I like this I will definitely check it out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2012, 12:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 506 Post(s)
Liked: 424
This played at the Toronto Film Festival last year. I didn't see it, but my wife did (we went to different movies that day). Her reaction mirrored most of the buzz at the festival, which was that the movie is extremely confusing. It seems to be one of those art films that tries so hard to be ambiguous that it doesn't provide enough information to actually make sense of the narrative. My wife didn't hate it (many at the festival did), but she found it very frustrating.

Josh Z
Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
Curator, Laserdisc Forever

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers.

Old 06-07-2012, 10:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
The summary of this movie is very interesting. So, i want to see the full movie. I think Tom's life is full with sadness. But its my only concept from this summary. I want to see the end to know that, at last what happened with Tom.