Kristen Stewart, Cameron Diaz Make Bank as Forbes' Highest-Paid Actresses - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 59 Old 06-19-2012, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Something is seriously wrong with Hollywood if this is the trend. For the love of god this Twilight era needs to stop soon...

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni30418521/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 59 Old 06-20-2012, 03:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey67 View Post

Something is seriously wrong with Hollywood if this is the trend. For the love of god this Twilight era needs to stop soon...
http://www.imdb.com/news/ni30418521/

honestly I would have thought more than 34 million. That's what Johnny Depp gets for one Pirates movie excluding backend compensation. Well, good for her! I'm no fan of Twilight but I like Kristen!wink.gif
post #3 of 59 Old 06-20-2012, 04:04 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
God that Kristen chick can not even act, she just shows up and speaks the lines she is fed.

But seriously I do not really know of any actor/actress that deserves the amount of money they are making.
post #4 of 59 Old 06-20-2012, 06:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 116
In a field where men have historically made considerably more money than women I say - GOOD FOR THEM!

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Movies

post #5 of 59 Old 06-20-2012, 06:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuie675 View Post

God that Kristen chick can not even act, she just shows up and speaks the lines she is fed.

How many films have you seen with her?
post #6 of 59 Old 06-20-2012, 07:12 AM
CIH USER

Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 207
I like Kristen and Cameron. I think they're good actresses.

Frank

post #7 of 59 Old 06-20-2012, 07:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 34

She was quite good in Adventureland.

CW Hinkle
post #8 of 59 Old 06-20-2012, 08:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 76
She was also pretty good as Joan Jett in The Runaways. But there is no way in Hell that she should be the highest paid actress.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #9 of 59 Old 06-20-2012, 08:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 48
Stewart is so dominant, I have never heard of her.

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche
post #10 of 59 Old 06-20-2012, 09:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post

In a field where men have historically made considerably more money than women I say - GOOD FOR THEM!

Agree. I do think Stewart and Diaz are okay actresses as well. Its not like the best actors make the most money, its the guys who sell tickets and that usually mean action stars. And some good actors dumb it down for action movies.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
post #11 of 59 Old 06-20-2012, 09:48 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 816
These salaries are nothing but a reflection of how much someone wants to pay another for services rendered.
It's America, folks, not the USSR.

Talent doesn't have much to do with it....take a look around the office the next time you go to work.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
post #12 of 59 Old 06-20-2012, 10:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

These salaries are nothing but a reflection of how much someone wants to pay another for services rendered.
Talent doesn't have much to do with it....take a look around the office the next time you go to work.

hehehe ...+1.

Twilight is making around 300 million per movie and 600+ worldwide. It's simply logical that she's getting that big salary... She's one of the reasons people pay to see these films.
post #13 of 59 Old 06-20-2012, 10:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Good points...that explains Kristen Stewart.

Now how about Cameron Diaz?? Aside from being a VA in Shrek, hasn't most of her recent stuff bombed?

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
post #14 of 59 Old 06-20-2012, 11:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballen420 View Post

Good points...that explains Kristen Stewart.
Now how about Cameron Diaz?? Aside from being a VA in Shrek, hasn't most of her recent stuff bombed?

You got me there wink.gif Besides being a less than average actress, she's not even good-looking.
post #15 of 59 Old 06-20-2012, 12:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 317
The first time I saw Kristen was when she did a Porsche commercial. She would intentionally miss the school bus so her dad would have to drive her to school in that car.

Hard to believe Diaz is getting more cash than the likes of Streep, Theron, Jolie, Johansson, Winslet, and a bunch of others.
post #16 of 59 Old 06-20-2012, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 64
Quote:

Precisely,..and when the Twilight series is over she'll fade out to obscurity and B movies or prob end up with a TV deal. I can't see her lasting much longer, all her earnings are from Twilight so good for her..get it while it's hot cause it'll be gone.
post #17 of 59 Old 06-20-2012, 01:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1065 Post(s)
Liked: 899
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloCreed View Post

But there is no way in Hell that she should be the highest paid actress.
At $12.5 million per movie, Stewart isn't the highest paid actress. The reason she came out on top ($34.5M) is because she worked in multiple high grossing movies, like Breaking Dawn and Snow White. Note that the $34.5M figure doesn't include her revenues from Breaking Dawn part 2 (which isn't out yet).

Likewise, Diaz came in second ($34M) by being in several movies: Green Hornet, What to Expect When You're Expecting, Bad Teacher. The latter cost only $20M but made $216M, so you can see where her money is coming from (not salary). It is the combination of all these projects that put her in second place, not being the highest paid actress.

By comparison, the actress in 3rd place ($25M), Sandra Bullock, made all that money from one film (her salary for Alfonso Cuaron's film Gravity). She really is high paid compared to those other two.

Just pointing out the distinction.

Sanjay
post #18 of 59 Old 06-20-2012, 01:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Precisely,..and when the Twilight series is over she'll fade out to obscurity and B movies or prob end up with a TV deal. I can't see her lasting much longer, all her earnings are from Twilight so good for her..get it while it's hot cause it'll be gone.

I wouldn't be so sure... Come back to this thread 10 years from now and we'll talk wink.gif
post #19 of 59 Old 06-20-2012, 01:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I can't see her lasting much longer, all her earnings are from Twilight so good for her..get it while it's hot cause it'll be gone.
Snow White and the Huntsman has made over $250 million in only 19 days, demonstrating she can carry a non-Twilight film sucessfully.

Sanjay
post #20 of 59 Old 06-20-2012, 03:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member

KS hasn't shown exceptional talent...yet.
She doesn't strike me as someone with a lot of charisma and she will need some to keep her career at its current level.
Who knows?
Maybe she will be biggest star in the world in 10 years...or not.wink.gif

post #21 of 59 Old 06-20-2012, 07:36 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballen420 View Post

Keep in mind she's had a lot of success earlier in her career with There's Something About Mary, Charlie's Angels, and a few others, so her salary was already up there, and her agent/management isn't going to let her asking price go down without a fight. Regardless of what the movies make, she's guaranteed her initial asking price. And it's only two years removed from the last Shrek film. It takes a lot longer than that for an entrenched star to fade.

Don't believe everything on the Interwebz! A duck's quack DOES echo!
post #22 of 59 Old 06-20-2012, 09:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurani View Post

At $12.5 million per movie, Stewart isn't the highest paid actress. The reason she came out on top ($34.5M) is because she worked in multiple high grossing movies, like Breaking Dawn and Snow White. Note that the $34.5M figure doesn't include her revenues from Breaking Dawn part 2 (which isn't out yet).
Likewise, Diaz came in second ($34M) by being in several movies: Green Hornet, What to Expect When You're Expecting, Bad Teacher. The latter cost only $20M but made $216M, so you can see where her money is coming from (not salary). It is the combination of all these projects that put her in second place, not being the highest paid actress.
By comparison, the actress in 3rd place ($25M), Sandra Bullock, made all that money from one film (her salary for Alfonso Cuaron's film Gravity). She really is high paid compared to those other two.
Just pointing out the distinction.

Gotcha. Even so, her earnings grossly exceed her talents. My opinion, of course, doesn't matter as she will likely ride the coattails of Twilight for many years to come.

post #23 of 59 Old 06-20-2012, 10:21 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Even so, her earnings grossly exceed her talents.

So chalk it up to an industry frittering away their own money on questionable talent. It's not like there has ever been a shortage.

And you know, I'm not blaming any of these actors (or sport stars, or reality TV stars, or whoever.) If someone is throwing a lot of money their way, it's no fault of their own to take it and run. It's not like any of us would turn down a raise or bonus because we didn't think we deserved it.

post #24 of 59 Old 06-20-2012, 11:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

My opinion, of course, doesn't matter as she will likely ride the coattails of Twilight for many years to come.
Probably, but not forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulpa View Post

It's not like any of us would turn down a raise or bonus because we didn't think we deserved it.
Exactly.

post #25 of 59 Old 06-21-2012, 03:52 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulpa View Post

If someone is throwing a lot of money their way, it's no fault of their own to take it and run.
They'd be fools not to, considering how fleeting a career in the entertainment industry can be.

Sanjay
post #26 of 59 Old 06-21-2012, 08:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 116
It's nice to see so many people talking about other people's money. Can we talk about Tom Cruise now? biggrin.gif

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Movies

post #27 of 59 Old 06-21-2012, 12:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 118
A few years back Harvard released a study showing that Hollywood was wasting money paying stars so much. Obviously it fell on deaf ears. How many films have you watched lately where it was "there so and so playing so and so". IOW, if a unknown actor had played the part the part the "suspension of belief" would not have been broken.
post #28 of 59 Old 06-21-2012, 12:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 233
Quote:

KS hasn't shown exceptional talent...yet.
She doesn't strike me as someone with a lot of charisma and she will need some to keep her career at its current level.
Who knows?
Maybe she will be biggest star in the world in 10 years...or not.wink.gif

Why? I'd call it quits after this year and enjoy an opulent lifestyle.cool.gif

post #29 of 59 Old 06-21-2012, 01:08 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post

A few years back Harvard released a study showing that Hollywood was wasting money paying stars so much.

Studies like that are moronic, though. Who cares? Is Alex Rodriguez worth the quarter of a billion two teams agreed to pay him? Obviously those teams thought so at the time. If studios think they have to pay the stars that much, so be it. Even if you took star salaries out, Hollywood movies are still expensive to make, and it wouldn't translate into lower ticket prices if you got rid of the overpaid stars.

Meanwhile, we had hedge fund CEOs and Wall Street guys making ten times what those actors and sports stars made, using our 401ks to burn the entire economy to the ground and walked away rich as hell, and that doesn't even generate a 10th of the outrage.

post #30 of 59 Old 06-21-2012, 05:03 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post

A few years back Harvard released a study showing that Hollywood was wasting money paying stars so much.
In 2011 there was a list of most overpaid stars (i.e., lowest return on investment) from the same people that brought you the list that is the topic of this thread. For example: Drew Barrymore's films return 40 cents at the box office for every dollar she is paid (no joke). Eddie Murphy's films return $2.70 for every dollar he is paid.

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/mfl45hlff/hollywoods-most-overpaid-actors/

In 2009 they did the opposite list, looking at best bang for the dollar actors (total compensation of actors vs what their movies brought in). For example: Shia LaBeouf's movies bring in $160 for every dollar he is paid. Michael Cera's movies bring in $102 for every dollar he is paid.

http://www.forbes.com/2009/08/24/best-actors-for-the-buck-business-entertainment-payback.html

Sanjay
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

Tags
Blu Ray Movies , Twilight Blu Ray
Gear in this thread - Twilight by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page