The Nines - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 06-23-2012, 11:58 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 72
I woulda thunk there would have been a thread on this, but I searched and couldn't find one. Unfortunately, there's apparently a speaker system called The Nines or something,which made it harder to find anything that might have been there.

But, in case not, I just wanted to say this one was a pretty wierd trip. It's one of those that ends up being so completely different from you think it's going to be when it starts. I had no idea what it was about either, which probably helped. By the time it was over, it had gotten to me significantly. It's kind of hard to say much about it without spoiling the impact, but I'd definitely recommed it if you like that sort of thing. In this case it's trippy but still wtih a fairly strong emotional impact ultimately, which is a nice combination. Other people may disagree about that, I dunno. Maybe I was just in the right mood.

It doesn't broadcast what's coming, assuming that we'll be intelligent enough to deal with some uncertainty, something that (ironically and presumably very purposefully) is dealt with in the movie itself. It's maybe sort of Donnie Darko'ish, saving the impactful resolution until the very end. It's not quite the impact of Donnie Darko, but few movies have that sort of last minute emotional sledgehammer, so that's not a negative comment.

Don't watch it while self medicating too much. I felt like maybe I'd been self-medicating too much while watching it already.

Dean Roddey
Chairman/CTO, Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-24-2012, 05:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks, enjoyed it.

"Marines have no qualms about killing Martians"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 6 Old 06-26-2012, 11:22 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Oh well, at least you and I did. Maybe we are Nines.

Dean Roddey
Chairman/CTO, Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd

post #4 of 6 Old 06-26-2012, 05:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Roddey View Post

Oh well, at least you and I did. Maybe we are Nines.

Dean, I've actually have had the dvd since 2008 and it's been in my 'unwatched dvd' pile (along with several hundred other dvd's that I haven't gotten around to). Once again thanks for posting and reminding me. I was entertained throughout, nice change of pace.

"Marines have no qualms about killing Martians"

post #5 of 6 Old 06-27-2012, 04:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
I watched this a few years ago...remembered that I'd enjoyed...was 3 intersecting stories using the same actors in different roles, but really nothing else. Maybe I should rent this again.

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

post #6 of 6 Old 07-10-2012, 12:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I enjoyed it a lot. If I say a word more than that, I could be spoiling it!

Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page