The Man with the Iron Fists - Starring RZA, Russell Crowe, Jamie Chung, Lucy Liu and Pam Grier - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 38 Old 05-05-2013, 11:28 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloCreed View Post

I hear ya man. Definitely not for everybody. I wasn't responding to you directly with my last post, but I felt that he was getting slammed pretty hard as a talentless individual of which I happen to completely disagree with.
I won't deny his musical talent.wink.gif

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 Old 05-06-2013, 08:31 AM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 400
Interesting how subjective movies can be. I thought this was a highly entertaining and even funny (at times) film. From my perspective, the film was meant as a type of homage piece to those old Kung Fu movies and I don't think it was ever meant to be taken too seriously. That is how I viewed it at least and from that perspective it is a lot of fun I thought. Assuming it is a homage piece (?), the zany, goofy and over the top material worked and I thought it was a good time.

Excellent audio track as well with one of the more entertaining LFE tracks in quite some time.

I enjoyed it and will definitely grab it at some point if I can find it for cheap. If anyone here who hated it happened to blind buy it and wants to unload it for cheap, shoot me a PM.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
post #33 of 38 Old 05-06-2013, 09:29 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 64
That's tremendous that somebody got something out of this. You won't have any trouble finding this for a few bucks on ebay...they will be practically giving this garbage away for free smile.gif

If you like this then you'll prob like Tai Chi Zero too
post #34 of 38 Old 05-06-2013, 12:48 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey67 View Post

That's tremendous that somebody got something out of this. You won't have any trouble finding this for a few bucks on ebay...they will be practically giving this garbage away for free smile.gif

If you like this then you'll prob like Tai Chi Zero too

biggrin.gif I am not the only one who enjoyed this, but we do seem to be in the minority, but so what? Movies, like any form of art are so damn subjective its not even worth arguing about. One persons trash is another's treasure. This is one film where the enjoyment factor heavily relies on your perception of what it actually is though as I alluded to in my previous post. If I had viewed this film from the angle some of you guys did, I would feel the same way, but that is not how I perceived the intentions of the filmmakers on this one.

A few bucks? I doubt it is that low, lol. If someone wants to let go of this for a few bucks, I will gladly pick it up on the merits of its HT fun factor alone (audio mainly, but video is excellent as well). If you see it for that price, let me know!

post #35 of 38 Old 05-06-2013, 07:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Completely agree with you Toe. I never expected to take the movie seriously and I don't believe anyone involved in the film took it seriously either. Fantastic soundtrack as well. I have no regrets about buying it.

We do seem to be in the minority though. biggrin.gif
post #36 of 38 Old 05-06-2013, 10:03 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloCreed View Post

Completely agree with you Toe. I never expected to take the movie seriously and I don't believe anyone involved in the film took it seriously either. Fantastic soundtrack as well. I have no regrets about buying it.

We do seem to be in the minority though. biggrin.gif

Speaking of kung fu, have you seen IP Man? I just got done watching this and I was not expecting it to be so good! Great film IMO with some awesome kung fu action. I bumped part 2 to the top of my que I enjoyed it so much. cool.gif

post #37 of 38 Old 05-06-2013, 10:10 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post

biggrin.gif I am not the only one who enjoyed this, but we do seem to be in the minority, but so what? Movies, like any form of art are so damn subjective its not even worth arguing about. One persons trash is another's treasure. This is one film where the enjoyment factor heavily relies on your perception of what it actually is though as I alluded to in my previous post. If I had viewed this film from the angle some of you guys did, I would feel the same way, but that is not how I perceived the intentions of the filmmakers on this one.

A few bucks? I doubt it is that low, lol. If someone wants to let go of this for a few bucks, I will gladly pick it up on the merits of its HT fun factor alone (audio mainly, but video is excellent as well). If you see it for that price, let me know!
Who's arguing where? you're preaching to the choir here ok. Read my post again - I said it's tremendous that somebody got enjoyment out of it which means exactly that and what you wrote wasting time in writing out.

Not sure why you feel you have to defend yourself? Most of us here, myself thought it was stupid but so what right? you had a good time with it that's what counts.

Here's one of many-many Unrated cut I just found right now on ebay for mere bucks like I said..this one here $3.50 buy it now. If you're patient enough there are several starting with .99 bid that should end with prob $1.99. It's a junk movie man, look the IMDB rating it's like 5.0 or something. Anyways it's all yours sport

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Man-With-the-Iron-Fists-DVD-2013-Unrated-/271200406995?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item3f24cdcdd3
post #38 of 38 Old 05-06-2013, 10:27 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Thanks for the link "sport" which was for a dvd by the way. The blu on average is considerably more especially once you factor in shipping.

I disagree that its a "junk" movie, but like I said movies are very subjective. Highly fun and entertaining film IMO and an excellent tribute to those crazy old kung fu flicks with a bit of western flair thrown in which worked for me and was not only fun but a bit funny at times. Its not meant to be taken seriously which seemed obvious to me.

Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

Tags
Blu Ray Movies

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page