Question about the certain part of the movie Dark Knight Rises -- Spoilers Alert !!!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 07-21-2012, 09:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
For those who have already seen this movie, I am curious about a few things. I only watched it once so I may have missed out a few info.

1. At the beginning when Bane was trying to get the nuclear physicist out of the plane, what was the purpose of the blood transfusion ?
2. Why was Bruce Wayne using a cane and can barely walk? The doctor looked at his x-ray and said something about it but I missed it. If his knees were bad (degenerative disease), how can he recover so well in that pit and able to climb up the pit and jumped to get out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-21-2012, 01:08 PM

Liked: 11
I have seen the movie twice and I wondered about the blood transfusion as well. I think they have transferred some of the blood from the doctor to the corpsein the body bag that was taken inside.

As far as the second question - very good question! What he was told by the doctor was that he did not have any meniscus left in his knees. He also mentioned problems with his shoulders (and perhaps even eblows) and trauma to the brain.

Bruce seemed to have a pretty miraculous recovery after getting his back pummeled by Bane didn't he? He went from walking with a cane, to putting on some device to help him walk, to being completely bed ridden and virtibrae protruding out of his back, to being completely upright (doing pushups and scaling a well wall no less than three times).
post #3 of 8 Old 07-22-2012, 12:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Well for the second part of the question about how he was able to get his back fixed do push-ups and climb the wall, that was over the course of five months or so.

Remember the Decay rate of the core was about five months Bane said. In movie time five months you can do anything!!!biggrin.gif

Xbox360 / PS3 / Failed HDM Supporter
I have no idea what you are referring to
Gamertag: antwon412
(A/V)Ignorance is Bliss -------- sweet, cheap bliss
post #4 of 8 Old 07-22-2012, 10:07 AM

Liked: 15
I'lll take a stab at the first question. I'm pretty sure that the blood transfusion was to duped the authorities into believing that Dr. Pavil(?) had died as a victim of the plane crashed. Bruce and Lucius made mentioned of it while explaining to Tate why Bruce suddenly canned the energy project. Pavil was the one who wrote the report about the danger of a cold fusion reactor being turned into a nuclear weapon.Shortly after it came out, Bruce shut the project down.
post #5 of 8 Old 07-26-2012, 10:13 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man5.1 View Post

I'lll take a stab at the first question. I'm pretty sure that the blood transfusion was to duped the authorities into believing that Dr. Pavil(?) had died as a victim of the plane crashed.

Maybe he should have pull his teeth out and put it in the corpse to make it more believable. Blood???? Really??? So the guy who received the Dr's blood would not have his own blood left in his body. Would his own blood be replaced completely by just a few minutes of blood transfusion? Ha ha ha....that is a good one.

Anyway, we are talking about a comic book movie so credibility is usually out the window. However, it does make you think of why they would go through all that work (that particular scene) for something that does not make sense.
post #6 of 8 Old 07-26-2012, 11:17 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Who identifies a plane crash victim by blood type?

Josh Z
Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
Curator, Laserdisc Forever

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers.

post #7 of 8 Old 07-26-2012, 11:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
The director wanted a grand opening and it certainly did just in the second want with the bank robbery. It was however over the top for the intended purpose. The bad guys had the means to take the scientist without doing any aerial acrobatic moves. All that could have been done on the ground and then simply crashing the plane afterwards. Why did one of Bane's people sacrificed himself. They could have given him a parachute or let him latch onto the cable Bane and the scientist were on. Sounds like nitpicking but I guess for something that grand I had expected something else to happen.

PSN: Fail_At_Failing
XBL: jitu757

bbexperience: "hmm. I don't know. It's hard to notice the sensitivity of the sticks when the controller is flying through the air."
post #8 of 8 Old 07-26-2012, 08:06 PM

Liked: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by jitu View Post

The director wanted a grand opening and it certainly did just in the second want with the bank robbery. It was however over the top for the intended purpose. The bad guys had the means to take the scientist without doing any aerial acrobatic moves. All that could have been done on the ground and then simply crashing the plane afterwards. Why did one of Bane's people sacrificed himself. They could have given him a parachute or let him latch onto the cable Bane and the scientist were on. Sounds like nitpicking but I guess for something that grand I had expected something else to happen.

Which they unfortunately showed on the third round of trailers. Trailers tacked onto every single movie that ruined my TDKR media blackout.

mad.gif

Yeah, this one had way too much suspension of disbelief, plotholes, and just sloppiness for a series that prided itself on being pretty tight and based in the real world. I liked it, but it was the worst of the three and wasn't very cohesive or convincing.

My big issue is why the whole entire third act? Shouldn't it have been game over when Talia see's Bruce Wayne and Kyle come for Fox? She was right there! The only reason the city wasn't nuked is so she can spill the entire villain plot at the end of the movie... for some reason.
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page