The ending of The Dark Knight Rises - WARNING: SPOILERS - DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN YET - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #91 of 145 Old 07-30-2012, 12:35 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jitu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 3,031
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
If the kid that escaped the prison pit was not Bane then how did Bane get out of there? or do I need to see the movie again?

PSN: Fail_At_Failing
XBL: jitu757


bbexperience: "hmm. I don't know. It's hard to notice the sensitivity of the sticks when the controller is flying through the air."
jitu is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 145 Old 07-30-2012, 12:40 PM
Advanced Member
 
Greg_R_STL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Louis MO
Posts: 543
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by jitu View Post

If the kid that escaped the prison pit was not Bane then how did Bane get out of there? or do I need to see the movie again?

Talia came back, got him, and apparently fashioned an opium inhaler helmet for him.
Greg_R_STL is offline  
post #93 of 145 Old 07-30-2012, 05:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
sdurani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Monterey Park, CA
Posts: 18,719
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 458 Post(s)
Liked: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_R_STL View Post

Talia came back, got him, and apparently fashioned an opium inhaler helmet for him.
Yup, near the end of the movie you see her fix the inhaler without even having to look at it.

Sanjay
sdurani is offline  
post #94 of 145 Old 07-31-2012, 10:52 AM
AVS Special Member
 
adpayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Camp Lake,WI
Posts: 1,505
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

My biggest problem, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that Talia knew Bruce was back when he went to get Fox. So the entire last act is basically for show to get us to the point where she reveals herself and tells the audience the entire "real plot" like that classic cartoon criminal? Which allows Gordon time to disable the remote detonation of the device?
That was very sloppy IMO, only because of how cliche it is first off, and second off because the moment she knows Bruce is back, she could have achieved the same damn thing by sticking jumping him with a knife and blowing up the city before Bruce had time to suit up.

Except for one small point....she didn't know that Bruce was Batman. Makes sense now, doesn't it? smile.gif
adpayne is offline  
post #95 of 145 Old 07-31-2012, 11:07 AM
AVS Special Member
 
iamian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Burbank, CA
Posts: 1,037
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by adpayne View Post

Except for one small point....she didn't know that Bruce was Batman. Makes sense now, doesn't it? smile.gif
Details, details. biggrin.gif


iamian is offline  
post #96 of 145 Old 07-31-2012, 12:19 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Josh Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Planet Boston, source of the spice, Melange.
Posts: 19,901
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by adpayne View Post

Except for one small point....she didn't know that Bruce was Batman. Makes sense now, doesn't it? smile.gif

Bane knew that Bruce Wayne was Batman the entire movie. How did Talia not know? Did they not talk to each other?

Josh Z
Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
Curator, Laserdisc Forever

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers.

Josh Z is offline  
post #97 of 145 Old 07-31-2012, 12:58 PM
 
TyrantII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 10,114
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by adpayne View Post

Except for one small point....she didn't know that Bruce was Batman. Makes sense now, doesn't it? smile.gif

She didn't know Bruce was in the league of shadows, taken under her fathers wing as his right hand man, and killed her father? Nor was pushing the construction of the fusion device, because she knew Bruce had the ability to get his hands on the equipment to construct her a bomb?

Plus as said Bane knew from the start, and he was her right hand man. For a guy with an elaborate plan, I can't assume he forgot to tell her who Batman really was.

Talia's whole part was rather Shaky, and the very end seems to have been cut (much like Prometheus). A whole scene with Seline on the Bike riding on the stairs isn't in the movie.
TyrantII is offline  
post #98 of 145 Old 07-31-2012, 01:22 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Morpheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montreal by day, Paris by night...
Posts: 6,456
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

A whole scene with Seline on the Bike riding on the stairs isn't in the movie.

There are probably many other scenes that are not in the movie... wink.gif Are you referring to the very first Catwoman images that were revealed while they were filming?
Morpheo is online now  
post #99 of 145 Old 08-01-2012, 02:28 PM
Member
 
Mr Fusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_R_STL View Post

My biggest problem with the Dark Knight Rises was that after showing Bane to be this completely masterful, intelligent, ego-driven maniac: the ultimate supervillain, they throw him away as a minion in order to make a plot twist. They literally blast him off the screen and he is not seen again. I couldn't believe how inept this felt, after everything else we've seen from Nolan. It was totally inconsistent with the character. There were other things I didn't like about it, and plenty of things that I liked, but this script decision alone took me out of the movie.

Thank you for posting this, Greg! And here I thought I was the only one that disliked that part of the movie. The Miranda/Talia plot twist was totally unnecessary IMO.
Mr Fusion is offline  
post #100 of 145 Old 08-02-2012, 12:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
adpayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Camp Lake,WI
Posts: 1,505
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post

Bane knew that Bruce Wayne was Batman the entire movie. How did Talia not know? Did they not talk to each other?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

She didn't know Bruce was in the league of shadows, taken under her fathers wing as his right hand man, and killed her father? Nor was pushing the construction of the fusion device, because she knew Bruce had the ability to get his hands on the equipment to construct her a bomb?
Plus as said Bane knew from the start, and he was her right hand man. For a guy with an elaborate plan, I can't assume he forgot to tell her who Batman really was.
Talia's whole part was rather Shaky, and the very end seems to have been cut (much like Prometheus). A whole scene with Seline on the Bike riding on the stairs isn't in the movie.

Sure, resort to facts to make your point! tongue.gif

I'm usually pretty astute when watching a film, but I never put that together in my head it appears.

Thanks for being gentle, though I deserved worse. wink.gif

I still liked the movie though Josh could probably convince me that I didn't at this point. smile.gif
adpayne is offline  
post #101 of 145 Old 08-02-2012, 01:15 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Morpheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montreal by day, Paris by night...
Posts: 6,456
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

She didn't know Bruce was in the league of shadows, taken under her fathers wing as his right hand man, and killed her father?

In Batman Begins, Neeson doesn't know that Bruce is Batman until the very end of the film. If we look at the events as they unfold in BB, it's kinda possible that Rah's al Ghul didn't have time to chat a lot with his daughter once he starts to burn the Wayne Manor. He didn't want to kill Bruce because he was Batman, he wanted to kill him because he was the most powerful man of Gotham. Each of these characters doings aren't revealed in a precice and detailed timeline (Bane and Talia that is, since they're never mentioned in BB). So I'm willing to accept that Talia in fact didn't know that Bruce was Batman, even she knew full well who was Bruce Wayne. I've been wrong before though, once, a long time ago... tongue.gifwink.gif Having said that, since Bane knows about Bruce/Batman, Talia supposedly should know too.
Morpheo is online now  
post #102 of 145 Old 08-02-2012, 01:50 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
sdurani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Monterey Park, CA
Posts: 18,719
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 458 Post(s)
Liked: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

In Batman Begins, Neeson doesn't know that Bruce is Batman until the very end of the film.
In 'Batman Begins' Ra's Al Ghul tells Bruce that the League of Shadows had tried to destroy Gotham City before (using economics), but the murder of Bruce Wayne's parents inspired Gotham's wealthy to save the city. So Ra's knew who Bruce Wayne was and where he came from. He had watched Bruce's progress and trained him in the ways of the League. A short time after their falling out and Bruce returning to Gotham, a masked figure shows up in that very city and starts attacking the criminal element there. You don't think Ra's would make that connection, let alone immediately recognize the very same techniques he taught Bruce?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

He didn't want to kill Bruce because he was Batman, he wanted to kill him because he was the most powerful man of Gotham.
He wanted to kill Bruce for a couple of reasons: 1) Batman was standing in the way of the League destroying Gotham, and 2) revenge ("You burned my house and left me for dead. Consider us even!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

I'm willing to accept that Talia in fact didn't know that Bruce was Batman, even she knew full well who was Bruce Wayne.
Of all the employers in all the cities around the world, you think it was a coincidence than the daughter of Ra's Al Ghul got a job at Wayne Corp? And of all the positions at that company, do you think it was a coincidence that she got onto the "limitless energy" project? Or does it make more sense that she did this knowing that the owner of the company had killed her father, so she worked slowly over time (like the knife she sticks into Batman) to get close to him? In that case, she would've had to have known that Bruce and Batman were one and the same, irrespective of whether her father had told her. And it could have been anyone else in the League that could have told her (Ra's henchmen seemed to know). Besides, if Blake could figure it out when he was a kid, then another resourceful kid (Talia) could have done the same.

Sanjay
sdurani is offline  
post #103 of 145 Old 08-02-2012, 02:47 PM
 
TyrantII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 10,114
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurani View Post

In 'Batman Begins' Ra's Al Ghul tells Bruce that the League of Shadows had tried to destroy Gotham City before (using economics), but the murder of Bruce Wayne's parents inspired Gotham's wealthy to save the city. So Ra's knew who Bruce Wayne was and where he came from. He had watched Bruce's progress and trained him in the ways of the League. A short time after their falling out and Bruce returning to Gotham, a masked figure shows up in that very city and starts attacking the criminal element there. You don't think Ra's would make that connection, let alone immediately recognize the very same techniques he taught Bruce?

Plus he flat out showed up at Wayne manor and burnt it down after explaining that Bruce was foiling his slow drip plan, which he needed to speed up.

Truth be told, Batman wasn't exactly great at keeping his identity a secret in these flicks, which makes sense in a more real universe. Hell, some rookie cop just flat out put two and two together!

wink.gif
TyrantII is offline  
post #104 of 145 Old 08-02-2012, 10:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
daryl zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 1,926
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Saw this posted on another site:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/?a=64971

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
daryl zero is offline  
post #105 of 145 Old 08-03-2012, 04:42 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Morpheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montreal by day, Paris by night...
Posts: 6,456
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post

Saw this posted on another site:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/?a=64971

You can do this with EVERY movie. I did read it. Google it and I'm sure you'll find 99 reasons why The Avengers sucked so much. People just feel better and smarter when they nitpick the little things overlooked by "the masses". It's getting old. There are a few valid points, and I repeat only a few, then one just has to look at the "errors and goofs" pages over at imdb for any given movie. I wonder though, how many times did that guy see TDKR to come up with his stupid list? I mean if he hated it so much, he did spend quite a lot of tickets on it. rolleyes.gif
Morpheo is online now  
post #106 of 145 Old 08-03-2012, 10:10 AM
AVS Special Member
 
daryl zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 1,926
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

You can do this with EVERY movie. I did read it. Google it and I'm sure you'll find 99 reasons why The Avengers sucked so much. People just feel better and smarter when they nitpick the little things overlooked by "the masses". It's getting old. There are a few valid points, and I repeat only a few, then one just has to look at the "errors and goofs" pages over at imdb for any given movie. I wonder though, how many times did that guy see TDKR to come up with his stupid list? I mean if he hated it so much, he did spend quite a lot of tickets on it. rolleyes.gif

Only found this: http://snarkyselfhelper.com/2012/05/08/10-reasons-the-avengers-sucks/
There are lots of people and critics that didn't like the Avengers and I am not going to say to them, shut up I don't want to hear your opinions. I can tell you now that despite the fact that I really liked that movie (didn't love) that the enemy invasion was pretty pathetic. But why is it getting old to criticize massive plot holes in TDKR? If the only thing you want to hear is praise, this site would be pretty boring.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
daryl zero is offline  
post #107 of 145 Old 08-03-2012, 10:36 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Morpheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montreal by day, Paris by night...
Posts: 6,456
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post

Only found this: http://snarkyselfhelper.com/2012/05/08/10-reasons-the-avengers-sucks/
There are lots of people and critics that didn't like the Avengers and I am not going to say to them, shut up I don't want to hear your opinions. I can tell you now that despite the fact that I really liked that movie (didn't love) that the enemy invasion was pretty pathetic. But why is it getting old to criticize massive plot holes in TDKR? If the only thing you want to hear is praise, this site would be pretty boring.

No no that's not what I meant. By all means I'm fine with criticizing a movie. But each time a big giant blockbuster hits the screens about 2 weeks later there's these "50 reasons why blahblah" that hits the web. In this case 99, and for some of them it looks like he had to look quite hard to make it 99...that's what gets old to me. Criticizing for sake of criticizing. There are continuity issues or plot problems in *all* movies. I too would have liked Batman to have more screentime in TDKR, frankly I don't care much about Robin, had he not been in the movie that would have fine by me, etc. But I think, honestly, that there are much more to enjoy in the movie. Calling it a "bad" film is a bit exaggerated, *imo*. smile.gif
Morpheo is online now  
post #108 of 145 Old 08-03-2012, 11:27 AM
 
TyrantII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 10,114
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 832
Yep, but the laser focus on it from wide sections of the net seems to be a new phenomenon. I think the rise of Reddit, Huntington post, ect and other news aggregates are desperate for click-able content and pushing this stuff to the forefront.

I really don't remember a year when movies like TDKR, Prometheus, and Avengers got such loud internet blow-back from very small groups of people, yet were done so visibly.

Maybe studios have got better in their viral proxy wars?
TyrantII is offline  
post #109 of 145 Old 08-03-2012, 11:52 AM
AVS Special Member
 
yankeeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SOUTH FLORIDA
Posts: 2,456
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 119
As to whether or not Batman lived at the end, remember we dropped atomic bombs on Japan and the guys flew away in time to live. While this bomb is stronger than the ones in WWII, i assume the Bat is also a lot faster than the planes from WWII. I say he was able to get away, whether we saw it or not.

never take life seriously
yankeeman is offline  
post #110 of 145 Old 08-03-2012, 01:11 PM
 
TyrantII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 10,114
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 832
Don't need to see it. There's four reveals before the credit roll that rather forceably show and tell the audience Bruce is alive. There's really nothing ambiguous about it, besides people trying to draw from Inceptions ending.
TyrantII is offline  
post #111 of 145 Old 08-03-2012, 01:25 PM
Senior Member
 
cshawnmcdonald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 438
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Wow. Until I read through this thread I completely missed that the "fresh start" software macguffin was as integral to Bruce (at the end) as it was to Selina (throughout).

Hmmmm.

Just keep talkin'. I'll let you know when you're right.
cshawnmcdonald is offline  
post #112 of 145 Old 08-03-2012, 03:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
raaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Near the lovely City by the Bay
Posts: 2,789
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post

As to whether or not Batman lived at the end, remember we dropped atomic bombs on Japan and the guys flew away in time to live. While this bomb is stronger than the ones in WWII, i assume the Bat is also a lot faster than the planes from WWII. I say he was able to get away, whether we saw it or not.

I am sure those WWII bombers were flying at a much higher altitude than The BAT when the bomb might have been dropped - so more clearance vertically and horizontally after the blast.
raaj is offline  
post #113 of 145 Old 08-03-2012, 04:08 PM
Newbie
 
XpressCS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Kaliphornia
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am eager to see if Nolan (or someone) else decides to take this entire series in a new direction. Nolan did say he wouldn't be making another Batman movie... Who's to say he won't make a movie about Robin? Or someone else?

Quite frankly, I don't care what no-life critics have to say, it's my new #1 movie. The Trilogy is my favorite Trilogy.
XpressCS is offline  
post #114 of 145 Old 08-03-2012, 05:53 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Morpheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montreal by day, Paris by night...
Posts: 6,456
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by XpressCS View Post

I am eager to see if Nolan (or someone) else decides to take this entire series in a new direction. Nolan did say he wouldn't be making another Batman movie...

Christian Bale also said TDKR is probably the last Batman film for him. Yet he left the door open, only if Nolan were to direct another one and want him board.
Morpheo is online now  
post #115 of 145 Old 08-03-2012, 07:48 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
sdurani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Monterey Park, CA
Posts: 18,719
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 458 Post(s)
Liked: 594
I just want to see them do something with Blake, like his own franchise. Bruce was finally able to escape Batman before the latter killed him. With such final closure, I don't want him coming back and ruining it. Instead, let Blake become Nightwing (better than Robin) with the help of Fox and Gordon. That's how I would continue in the Nolan universe.

As for Batman, complete reboot at some point, hopefully as part of a Justice League movie (maybe do the reboot after the JL movie). But it shouldn't be part of the Nolan universe nor anything like the Dark Knight movies. Make it someone else's vision, a fresh take, something new.

Sanjay
sdurani is offline  
post #116 of 145 Old 08-03-2012, 09:01 PM
AVS Special Member
 
xb1032's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 5,343
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I found the ending a bit disappointing. Nearly every super hero movie has issues but quite frankly there were a bit of them in TDKR. Here are some of my gripes:

- The all out brawl between the thugs and the police force was more of a brawl than a shoot out. This seems a bit odd for ruthless villains.

- Talia stabs Batman in the back and twists the knife. He struggles but he moves on. Just a mere flesh wound right? or he got away because he's Batman right? rolleyes.gif

- The whole movie builds up for the final Battle between Batman and Bane yet Catwoman jumps in, saves Batman, and puts an end to Bane with one press of the button. IMO that's not a very satisfying end for such a build up.

- There's less than 2 minutes to take the bomb out of the city yet Batman has time to say goodbye to Selina Kyle and reveal his true identity to Gordon. Now the thought behind this was good but this portion of the film seemed rushed and there was no feeling behind what appeared to be Batman's end. This could have been handled much better (especially with a 2:45 running time).

- When Batman took the bomb out of the city I feel that the movie would have made more sense to let Batman die in this scene. This would have made the ending more emotional and Batman would have looked like more of a hero. Instead, he leaves the city with Selina Kyle? And his last scene spent with Alfred was a fight leaving him in tears and then all of the sudden Alfred sees him after his funeral and he's OK with this?

I dunno. There were some good ideas in here but the movie just seemed unemotional and some of portions of the movie that should have been touching just felt rushed. There were a number of other things that just seemed over the top and just didn't seem fitting for what this series was which was a more "realistic" type film. Batman Begins is still my favorite Batman film.

Possible Batman reboot 2016

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/not-wasting-any-time-wb-to-bring-a-new-batman-franchise-to-theaters-in-2016

2016 is a long way off though. I really want to see DC do what Marvel has done. I'm hoping the new Superman movie will pull in another DC character as I would love to see a Justice League movie. Marvel introduced their character first and then the Avengers however I think DC could go a different route and do a Justice League movie first and then introduce their characters. Nolan's Batman would never fit in with the Justice League as he doesn't have the physical ability nor the intelligence of a the typical Batman that works with the Justice League.
xb1032 is offline  
post #117 of 145 Old 08-05-2012, 08:55 PM
AVS Special Member
 
iamian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Burbank, CA
Posts: 1,037
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post

But why is it getting old to criticize massive plot holes in TDKR? If the only thing you want to hear is praise, this site would be pretty boring.
Because most aren't plot holes. There are explanations/logic to the madness, they just choose not to accept that this is Nolan's universe.


iamian is offline  
post #118 of 145 Old 08-05-2012, 09:49 PM
AVS Special Member
 
daryl zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 1,926
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamian View Post

Because most aren't plot holes. There are explanations/logic to the madness, they just choose not to accept that this is Nolan's universe.

If there are explanations, would sure love to hear them.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
daryl zero is offline  
post #119 of 145 Old 08-06-2012, 11:50 AM
AVS Special Member
 
iamian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Burbank, CA
Posts: 1,037
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post

If there are explanations, would sure love to hear them.
Sure. What are you not sure about?


iamian is offline  
post #120 of 145 Old 08-06-2012, 12:18 PM
 
TyrantII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 10,114
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamian View Post

Because most aren't plot holes. There are explanations/logic to the madness, they just choose not to accept that this is Nolan's universe.

I think the problems are Nolan went a bridge too far in this one, after painstakingly setting up how his world works in BB & TDKR. Gritty, logical realism went out the window for spectacle and movie flair. That not a grievous mistake, but clashes with his other two takes.
TyrantII is offline  
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off