I found the ending a bit disappointing. Nearly every super hero movie has issues but quite frankly there were a bit of them in TDKR. Here are some of my gripes:
- The all out brawl between the thugs and the police force was more of a brawl than a shoot out. This seems a bit odd for ruthless villains.
- Talia stabs Batman in the back and twists the knife. He struggles but he moves on. Just a mere flesh wound right? or he got away because he's Batman right?
- The whole movie builds up for the final Battle between Batman and Bane yet Catwoman jumps in, saves Batman, and puts an end to Bane with one press of the button. IMO that's not a very satisfying end for such a build up.
- There's less than 2 minutes to take the bomb out of the city yet Batman has time to say goodbye to Selina Kyle and reveal his true identity to Gordon. Now the thought behind this was good but this portion of the film seemed rushed and there was no feeling behind what appeared to be Batman's end. This could have been handled much better (especially with a 2:45 running time).
- When Batman took the bomb out of the city I feel that the movie would have made more sense to let Batman die in this scene. This would have made the ending more emotional and Batman would have looked like more of a hero. Instead, he leaves the city with Selina Kyle? And his last scene spent with Alfred was a fight leaving him in tears and then all of the sudden Alfred sees him after his funeral and he's OK with this?
I dunno. There were some good ideas in here but the movie just seemed unemotional and some of portions of the movie that should have been touching just felt rushed. There were a number of other things that just seemed over the top and just didn't seem fitting for what this series was which was a more "realistic" type film. Batman Begins is still my favorite Batman film.Possible Batman reboot 2016
2016 is a long way off though. I really want to see DC do what Marvel has done. I'm hoping the new Superman movie will pull in another DC character as I would love to see a Justice League movie. Marvel introduced their character first and then the Avengers however I think DC could go a different route and do a Justice League movie first and then introduce their characters. Nolan's Batman would never fit in with the Justice League as he doesn't have the physical ability nor the intelligence of a the typical Batman that works with the Justice League.