Mary Tamm, RIP - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-27-2012, 07:37 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Mary Tamm, the actress who played Romana, the Time Lord companion of The Doctor in the classic SF series Doctor Who, has died of cancer.

mary-tamm-260712.jpg

Romana first appeared in "The Ribos Operation" and later accompanied The Doctor throughout an entire season of the Classic series, the 26 episodes of the 1978 season referred to as "The Keys of Time".

romana-mary-tamm-260712.jpg
\
Romana was one of my favorite Companions of The Doctor.

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2012/07/26/doctor-who-assistant-mary-tamm-dies-aged-62/

Gary McCoy
The United States Constitution ©1791. All Rights Reserved.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-27-2012, 10:23 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I remember her not just from the "Key To Time" saga, but IIRC she was also in The Odessa File. I'm not familiar with the rest of her work, but I'll miss her all the same. frown.gif

post #3 of 4 Old 07-30-2012, 09:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 761
Romana. Crushed on her fiercely in the 80's while watching The Doctor on PBS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Steam: Guts
post #4 of 4 Old 07-30-2012, 12:46 PM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 440 Post(s)
Liked: 350
She did quite a lot of TV work. I saw her in an episode of "Jonathan Creek" not long ago.

Way back when, a young lady asked me "Who is your favorite Companion?" I could tell it was a test and that the correct answer would be "Leela", but I didn't want to pick, so I said:

"Sarah Jane was the quintessential companion; didn't she do it longer than anyone else? Leela was the most exciting because she was a jungle girl. The first Romana (Mary Tamm) was the most glamorous. The second Romana was interesting because she was Mrs Tom Baker for a while. And I have a soft spot for Jo Grant: you may think her dim, but she had a good heart and her instincts were always correct."

I'm fuzzy on Companions before and after the Tom Baker years, although Grant was with Pertwee.

-Bill

|

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page