“Prometheus” sequel due out in 2014 or 2015 - Page 11 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
First ... 9  10  11 12  13  ... Last
Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion > “Prometheus” sequel due out in 2014 or 2015
Waboman's Avatar Waboman 11:42 PM 08-28-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1 View Post

I remember my friends and I discussing a particularly nasty bathroom we encountered while on vacation one year. Talked about it many times since for a good laugh at just how pathetic it was. Kinda the same thing.
If it's that bathroom in Vegas I'm thinking about, then I apologize. Had some bad shellfish that day. Felt like a chest-burster was trying to get out... only he chose my colon instead.

Morpheo's Avatar Morpheo 06:33 AM 08-29-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
If it's that bathroom in Vegas I'm thinking about, then I apologize. Had some bad shellfish that day. Felt like a chest-burster was trying to get out... only he chose my colon instead.
This post belongs to the horror thread
Scott Simonian's Avatar Scott Simonian 09:24 AM 08-29-2014
Quote:
Ahahaha!

Better or worse than Waffle Taco s**tz.
wuther's Avatar wuther 10:33 AM 08-29-2014
On second thought I think the next Prometheus should be a reboot, it's the hollywood thing to do now....
GoCaboNow's Avatar GoCaboNow 12:21 PM 08-29-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post
I'm looking forward to the sequel
Agreed!
Quote:
WHO DOES NUMBER 2 WORK FOR?
thedeskE's Avatar thedeskE 06:45 PM 08-29-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBlow74 View Post
The very idea of the origins of human existence is a topic that should not be considered taboo
Didn't know it was. Too bad it has nothing to do with the first Alien. It would actually belong in the story.

RIGHT?
Waboman's Avatar Waboman 08:45 PM 08-29-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post
This post belongs to the horror thread
Ha!

Spoiler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post
Ahahaha!

Better or worse than Waffle Taco s**tz.
Nothing slides out quite like a waffle taco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow View Post
Agreed!

WHO DOES NUMBER 2 WORK FOR?
Careful. You're gonna blow out your O-ring.
thedeskE's Avatar thedeskE 07:02 PM 08-31-2014
Quote:
Ah Shellfish. I miss the good ol days when Exxon or BP was NOT part of the meal
bcruiser's Avatar bcruiser 11:53 PM 09-24-2014
No xenomorphs in next Alien film.

https://games.yahoo.com/news/no-alie...000046456.html

I still stand by my prediction of seeing the female Engineers.
zoey67's Avatar zoey67 12:55 AM 09-25-2014
Prometheus was marvelous in scope & epic awesomeness in spite of the much critique towards its realism and how certain characters were too unbelievable.

It's exactly the sort of film that enraptures you & whisks the viewer to another world. I was seriously transported & was enthralled from the opening scene. It's not a perfect movie that was able to please everyone but it doesn't need to by a long shot ok boys n germs.

It's the exact same with the 5th element, which was half of Prometheus brilliance but again doesn't matter because it too was able to transport the viewer to another dimension. And that is prob IMO the crux & mission success of any movie.

That deep immersion that it can put you in is orgasmic that lasts for 2 hrs the duration of the film once you know you're in for a special ride. I.E,...jaws, Alien, Star Wars, Raiders lost ark, back to the future, ET, Die hard, Rocky 3, T2, True ?Lies,..etc all fall in that category.

Can you remember how amazing those 2 hrs were, sitting in the cool A/C movie theater, with bucket of popcorn n coke, eyes wide open 100% focused on the screen, gripping n digging in your seat bracing yourself in that world.
wuther's Avatar wuther 06:35 PM 09-25-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruiser View Post
No xenomorphs in next Alien film.
Well the xenomorph plot line was dead ended in the film. Never should of been in it in the first place.
thedeskE's Avatar thedeskE 08:04 PM 09-27-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuther View Post
Well the xenomorph plot line was dead ended in the film. Never should of been in it in the first place.
When most of the internet scripts tower above the film, Dead Ended is generous.

Alien - Wonderful mystery slash horror movie in space.
Aliens - Distorted Jingoism by a huckster sucking on the work of others.
Alien 3 - A valiant attempt from a talented newcomer, crushed by hollywierd
Alien 4 - Paychecks with Zero interest in anything
Prometh - Actors, Promos, Paychecks, Fk The audience, they're clueless
Prometh2 - Hey, AVP was years ago, if you don't get it, Fk Yu and Thanks for your 18.00 ticket!

Sorry, did I loose you? When a 150 internet XX year old people toying with the story can outclass what you see on screen these days, you have to ask.

Right?
Tack's Avatar Tack 12:27 AM 09-28-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedeskE View Post
Prometh2 - Hey, AVP was years ago, if you don't get it, Fk Yu and Thanks for your 18.00 ticket!

Prometh3 - "Promethesaurus - The Beginning" wherin our intrepid Alien (No Xenomorph, too expensive. OK maybe one shot) faces stiff competition for early earth and the Human spoils that come with it.

Included on the Blu-ray Special Edition is a bonus ten minute segment featuring the zany antics of "Tee" the T-Rex as he comes to terms with the irreverent, sharp tongued Worm-Snake thingy. The witty dialogue between the two leads to side splitting laughter.

Two prehensile thumbs up!
wse's Avatar wse 12:36 AM 09-28-2014
Origin of life please! Naomi Rapace is so weird, never the less I checked my brain at the door and enjoyed it for the Sci- Fi could have done with out the we were created by a superior being BS

LONG LIVE DARWINISM
Dean Roddey's Avatar Dean Roddey 08:13 AM 09-28-2014
I re-watched it again recently. My opinion didn't change much from the first viewing, so I can't chalk it up to just my being in a less than prepared mood first time around or anything like that. Naomi occasionally managed to bring some life to it, but overall I felt little to nothing while watching it. I dunno, it just seemed to have almost nothing to grab ahold of for me. It's strange how that happens sometimes, that so much money and effort can go into something but then somewhere along the line it just fails to develop any atmosphere or character depth or whatever it happens to lack.
R Harkness's Avatar R Harkness 04:31 PM 09-28-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Roddey View Post
I re-watched it again recently. My opinion didn't change much from the first viewing, so I can't chalk it up to just my being in a less than prepared mood first time around or anything like that. Naomi occasionally managed to bring some life to it, but overall I felt little to nothing while watching it. I dunno, it just seemed to have almost nothing to grab ahold of for me. It's strange how that happens sometimes, that so much money and effort can go into something but then somewhere along the line it just fails to develop any atmosphere or character depth or whatever it happens to lack.
It's weird how things can be different to people.

I'm generally on the side of Prometheus being ridiculous but fun. I think it was a massive missed opportunity for all the reasons that made so many disappointed. But strangely, I find I find I can always throw it on, at any part, and I enjoy watching it. In a weird, kind of distanced way because it's too stupid to love. But, somehow re-playable for me.

I actually do want to see a sequel because, as Prometheus showed me, I can find Ridley-doing-sci-fi engrossing even at his worst. But something tells me if the sequel ever gets done it has a good probability of being one of the most ludicrous turkeys of all time. I say this because of how often the first films are most coherent, and sequels tend to get wilder and woolier, trying to one up the original but without nearly as much effort going into the script as the original.
The sequel has such wild possibilities that, if we thought Prometheus was ungrounded with Ridley's thoughts not cohering, just imagine how number 2 might go.

But...I'll watch it :-)
havsabas 04:44 PM 09-28-2014
can't wait!
Dean Roddey's Avatar Dean Roddey 04:57 PM 09-28-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by R Harkness View Post
It's weird how things can be different to people.

I'm generally on the side of Prometheus being ridiculous but fun. I think it was a massive missed opportunity for all the reasons that made so many disappointed. But strangely, I find I find I can always throw it on, at any part, and I enjoy watching it. In a weird, kind of distanced way because it's too stupid to love. But, somehow re-playable for me.
Sure, I get that. The Day After Tomorrow is one of those for me. Maybe it's because they are like that to us that they have that sort of re-watchability, because they make no demands on us.
NorthSky's Avatar NorthSky 07:35 PM 09-28-2014
Looking forward to 'Prometheus's sequel ...Luv that flick, immensely.
bcruiser's Avatar bcruiser 11:24 PM 09-28-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by R Harkness View Post
made so many disappointed.
So many where? Every review site I look up, the majority said otherwise.
wuther's Avatar wuther 10:12 PM 09-29-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedeskE View Post
When most of the internet scripts tower above the film, Dead Ended is generous.

Sorry, did I loose you? When a 150 internet XX year old people toying with the story can outclass what you see on screen these days, you have to ask.

Right?
Eh man lighten up. It's not like Fox followed the rules with AVP so I imagine Prometheus will one day be treated as it never happened in the next xenomorph flick.
tellcity99 03:33 PM 10-07-2014
Can't wait for the new movie I hope they pick up where prometheus left off.
sb1's Avatar sb1 06:51 PM 10-07-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by tellcity99 View Post
Can't wait for the new movie I hope they pick up where prometheus left off.
God I hope not. I don't have the cash right now for any more Liquid Plumr after Hollywood's recent offerings. Besides, I'm still repairing the pipes after trying to flush the last movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey67 View Post

It's exactly the sort of film that enraptures you & whisks the viewer to another world. I was seriously transported & was enthralled from the opening scene. It's not a perfect movie that was able to please everyone but it doesn't need to by a long shot ok boys n germs.

It's the exact same with the 5th element
No. No, no, no. Comparing that movie to Prometheus is a crime punishable by permaban. The 5th Element never took itself seriously. It was a wildly fun, original (remember when Hollywood allowed that?), and interesting movie that thoroughly entertained without accusing it's viewers of being stupid. Prometheus was made as (and expected to be by both Scott and audiences) an epic film that asked, answered, and demanded thought from its viewers. It failed on two levels and, in fact, accused its viewers of being stupid and overly forgiving. Or, at least, hoped they would be. Which, apparently, some were.

But, hell, who are we kidding? When does the majority of people in today's society do anything that requires thought besides post their current situation on Facebook? Ah, the majority. Setting the low standards of daily life. Gotta love 'em.
tellcity99 06:57 PM 10-07-2014
sb1 I feel sorry for you. Just injoy the ride and not take movies so serious.
Tack's Avatar Tack 07:18 PM 10-07-2014
Quote:
God I hope not. I don't have the cash right now for any more Liquid Plumr after Hollywood's recent offerings. Besides, I'm still repairing the pipes after trying to flush the last movie.

No. No, no, no. Comparing that movie to Prometheus is a crime punishable by permaban. The 5th Element never took itself seriously. It was a wildly fun, original (remember when Hollywood allowed that?), and interesting movie that thoroughly entertained without accusing it's viewers of being stupid. Prometheus was made as (and expected to be by both Scott and audiences) an epic film that asked, answered, and demanded thought from its viewers. It failed on two levels and, in fact, accused its viewers of being stupid and overly forgiving. Or, at least, hoped they would be. Which, apparently, some were.

But, hell, who are we kidding? When does the majority of people in today's society do anything that requires thought besides post their current situation on Facebook? Ah, the majority. Setting the low standards of daily life. Gotta love 'em.
Quote:
Hey you just made his point. Nice. And I wouldn't feel sorry for someone who makes a concise and reasonable point(s). He'll probably be OK.
wuther's Avatar wuther 08:25 PM 10-07-2014
Quote:
I disagree in that a film that (spoiler alert) has a person trying to pet a hissing nasty looking organism never encountered before is not taking itself seriously, that plus having a guy say WMD and a giant human.
RLBURNSIDE's Avatar RLBURNSIDE 08:42 PM 10-07-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie1210 View Post
BSG was the best "serial" ever made for TV. Sci-fi that even non sci-fi people could watch. And no smoke monsters.
Not to mention the ships obeyed the laws of inertia.
bcruiser's Avatar bcruiser 10:21 AM 10-08-2014
Quote:
What do you think about those who hated a movie but keep coming back to that movie thread to read and write time and time again?

The word "masochism" comes to mind...
Scott Simonian's Avatar Scott Simonian 10:26 AM 10-08-2014
I still don't understand the immense hate for Prometheus.

I get it. You're all old and it wasn't Alien like you wanted.

I swear if this had come out in 79' and then Alien was what we got a couple years ago you'd all say how damn smart Prometheus was and how lame Alien is as it's just a 'monster chases a frightened girl' movie.

Don't get me wrong as I love the franchise, including Alien3 but this overblown hatred for Prometheus just does not make sense. If you can convince me how awful this is with out bringing up "stupid scientists/characters" you get a huge pass from me. Not that you own it to me. I just want to understand.

Yeah. Come at me bros. Bring me some damn sense.
Josh Z's Avatar Josh Z 11:45 AM 10-08-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post
If you can convince me how awful this is with out bringing up "stupid scientists/characters" you get a huge pass from me.
If you can convince me how awful eating dog sh!t is without bringing up "taste" or "smell" or "texture" or "an understanding of the digestive system of the animal it came from," you get a huge pass from me.

If you can't do that, then eating dog sh!t must, by definition, be terrific, and you should do it every day.
First ... 9  10  11 12  13  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop